“2nd stay at this hotel; Most Comfortable beds in New York City”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was my second stay at the hotel and I really have to stay here more often. It is, without question, the most comfortable bed in NYC. We stay in New York City about 30 times a year so we get to experience a lot of different hotels and this is one of the best. The service is outstanding from the moment you check in. The rooms are huge, very sleek and elegant.
Definitely a place to bring your wife or girlfriend.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a view of the city from our bedroom that was absolutely outstanding. (3509)
The only (small) drawback to staying at this hotel is the location, but don't let it hold you back...that's what cabs are for!
You HAVE to try this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Javatraveler,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and for sharing your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your previous stays with us and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Regards,
Andreas Oberoi

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed 26 November 2011

I booked this hotel based on excellent reviews , but I was very disappointed, the room was very noisy , I called for room service for some sugar and after 30 minutes I receive coffee mate instead , the concierge did not want to help the guests, not a good location

Room Tip: chose a hotel near central park
14  Thank sisal08
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear sisal08,
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry that you felt your experience was less than perfect. We are located where SoHo meets Tribeca and the West Village, providing our guests many opportunities to experience New York. Our Concierge team is one of the best in the industry and make an effort to help all guests. I will speak with the team about your in-room dining experience. Thank you for pointing out the ways in which we can improve.

Kind regards,
Andreas Oberoi, General Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2011

All I can say is awesome! Everything about this hotel is top-notch! Luxurious and quiet room, comfy bed, attentive and helpful staff, and great location! I love the fact that when you step outside there aren't a million people like in Times Square. We usually taxi or take the subway to Times Square once during our stay to take in the bright lights and people. Then we come back to our hideaway at the Trump. We stayed here on a shopping trip in May 2011 and had an awesome time! You step outside, and within a block you are basically in the SoHo shopping district, which is the best shopping in NYC! Boutique after boutique right outside the doors for blocks and blocks! Also, there are many highly rated restaurants within walking distance of the Trump SoHo. Aqua Grill is less than a block. Loved this place and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I was in New York and my daughter joined me. We loved this hotel - the location, the facilities, the service - everything was truly spot on - I was so, so impressed. Then of course we had the most wonderful iconic view, to cap it all. Top Trump. We felt we were the kings of the hill, New York, New York.
Ruth

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My daugter and I stayed at the Trump SoHo over the weekend. We really enjoyed the huge bathtub (that overlooked the city!!) and the rainfall shower head (luxurious!).

My favorite part of hotel was the view of the city, even though there was an ugly building that partially blocked things. Oh well. It was still amazing if you looked around it. I still slept with the curtains open so I could look at the city lights all night. We stayed in room 2501. You really need to be higher than the 27th floor to get an all around view with no obstructions.

The staff was very kind and helpful. We were able to check in at 8:30 in the morning! That was wonderful because we'd gotten up at 3 AM to catch our plane.

In the room, I couldn't help but notice that the furniture was starting to look a little worn in places. A lot of scuff marks and the sofa, although comfy, was starting to look threadbare. The carpet had seem some better days as well. Needless to say there was a closet with a lock on the INside. That was a little weird. Everything was very clean though.

There were 4 elevators and they all were a little slow. Business center below the lobby had 2 computers with internet, an ATM, and a large printer/copier. It was helpful to go online and access my bank account without having to pay for internet access in my room (which is a little ridiculous that it even costs anything given how much you pay to stay in this place!). I think they could afford to throw in free internet but it's a cash cow for them.

We ate in the cafe one morning for breakfast. Our waiter was a doll; I'm sorry I don't remember his name. He only charged us for 1 order of pancakes (and at $15 each that was a big savings) because neither of us hardly made a dent in them - they are HUGE. Delicious, though. Room service was YUMMY but quite pricey. I expected that though. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the kids' menu options (make sure you ask the concierge for your child to participate in the Trump Kids program to get this menu).

The honor bar was fun to have but TOTALLY RIDICULOUS as far as prices. A tiny Kit-Kat bar was FIVE dollars! Liquor - forget it. Go a few blocks and there is a huge liquor store. Stock up there if you want to imbibe while staying here.

The TV in the bathroom was awesome, but I was bummed that it didn't swivel so I could see it better from the tub. Also you only could get a few channels in the bathroom even though there were over 80 in the bedroom. Speaking of the bathroom - there is NO door whatsoever. The toilet is behind a smoked glass door but others can hear EVERYTHING if you know what I mean. So if you are sharing a room with someone you are modest around, good luck with that.

No iron or ironing board either. Strange, given that most Econo-Lodges have them.

All in all, we would definitely stay again but for the money we paid we might try somewhere different next time. We only go to NYC every 10 years or so.

Room Tip: try to get higher than the 27th floor if you want a great view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SuzyFarkus
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Wow the beds in this hotel were Amazing. I was there for a wedding and only stayed one night but wish I had a week to stay in this hotel. Everything a spoiled girl would want. The room was jam packed with extras and made me feel like a princess. Wish i had more time to enjoy it. The doorman and staff were so nice and extremely helpful. The bathroom in the rooms were so awesome and had alot of space for 2 to get ready. Will say it was a little pricey.

Room Tip: The King room is spacious but not really good if your the type that wants a place to sit besides the...
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I booked our room through the Trump SoHo website. It was very informative and easy to navigate. We chose the "Escape to New York Package" because it included overnight parking and skyline views. When we arrived in NYC several hours before check-in, they accepted our car and parked it early and our room was available, so we were able to check-in early, too.
Our room was clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. We had floor to ceiling views of the Empire State Building and 6th Avenue, as promised! We spent the afternoon in Times Square and upon arriving back in our room for the evening, housekeeping had dimmed the lights and had relaxing music playing!
We dined at the Quattro bar and the food was devine!
The staff, from the doorman, Axel, to all the front desk employees, everyone was kind and engaging. The Customer Service was Superior. You don't receive this kind of attention from businesses anymore.