“A completely unnecessary mess at every turn!”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #124 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We arrived the day after Christmas all excited for the stay. We get to the room on the 20th floor and the traffic noise is very loud. We call she says no other 1 bdrm suites on higher floors. I said excuse me but we are paying for a DELUXE 1 bdrm. She checks says you are right we will move you room not ready. After 2 hrs we get moved! At dinner no prices on the kids menu$30 for 2 bowls of pasta with butter! Turn down opens the door @ 9:40pm without knocking and do not disturb is on door! Next morning house keeping walks in at8:34 with do not disturb still on door. We call housekeeping and say come in 1 hour. We leave for the day come back soaking wet from rain and taxi shortage. Room key doesn't work anymore! Finally get into room and it was NEVER cleaned!! Housekeeping comes up and now All wet and tired from rain and walking we have to leave room for 45 minutes! We get completely tasteless and expensive room service. Order gluten free salads and they send up a plate of cookies with gluten and card to apologize!! Decide to leave a day early too unpleasant to deal with aggravavation like that for several hundred $$ a night and they have another guests luggage loaded into our car!!! Absolutely pitiful!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
17  Thank Yalesville
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Yalesville,

I am sorry that your stay was not up to our service standards, and I will address your experience with our team here. I would personally like to discuss this further with you, and I invite you to contact me directly at 212.842.5525.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Great location if SOHO is where you want to be. We did. Awesome view, superior room service, turn down, chocolates, and called by our names. Everyone here was super friendly and welcoming, cool bar downstairs. Close to shopping in SOHO and Canal St. Great restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: step it up and go higher than the 20th floor - worth it for the view !
Reviewed 21 December 2011

This is our second time staying here. I really like the location and the hotel is pretty quiet inside and out. Our room had a terrible layout where the TV was perpendicular to the wall making viewing awkward. The biggest disappointment though was upon check-out when we noticed that the hotel had padded our bill (classic hotel tactic) by nearly $400. As if that weren't bad enough the staff member implied that we might not be telling the truth about the charges...as if I'd forget a $375 dollar lunch?

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank pachin

Dear pachin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would be happy to discuss the charges on your bill directly with you, and can be contacted at 212.842.5525.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Trump SoHo for the first time during our annual pilgrimage for her birthday November 26-30, 2011. What an outstanding property,what a great location and what unbelievable attention to detail by the staff. We booked a Premiere King room and ended up with great views of the Hudson and the sunset. The staff gave my wife the impression that everyone in NYC knew it was her birthday. Very nice rooms, outstanding bath area. A great property, will definitely return.

Room Tip: Premiere rooms are worth the extra money due to being on the higher floors. The sunsets from the Hu...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank renick
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear renick,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that we were able to assist in creating a memorable birthday for your wife. I will share your comments with the team here.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

The Trump SoHo is an amazing hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The location is nice with a subway station nearby and many cute restaurants and shops around the corner.

Dear LegalGeek,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Trump SoHo. If I can assist with future plans, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I want to take a moment to express how much I truly enjoyed this hotel. My BF and I stayed for a weekend this December and everything was just unbelievable. The girls checking us in were genuinely friendly, helpful and efficient which is always appreciated. This is our third trip together to the city for the holiday season and this hotel was our favorite (our previous two hotels include The Mandarin Oriental and The W which were both outstanding) but this one just had something extra and if you asked my BF I'm sure he would say it was the amazing view from our room. With a floor to ceiling window that overlooked the river and had the city lights in the background it was exactly what I saw in the picture on their website (which we all know does not often happen). The bed was super comfy and the room was very clean and cozy while still being modern and stylish. We didn't really get to try the food at the hotel as we like to venture into the city and "discover" however the breakfast we had the morning that we left was perfect and the coffee delicious. I would stay here again and again.

1  Thank Cici14
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Great location, staff are nice, rooms are cleaned twice a day, bathrooms are good, bed is ridiculously comfortable and views are beautiful. Wonderful except very expensive.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank jdtootell

Dear jdtootell,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your repeat business. If you need any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.