“Worst Ever!”

Ranked #115 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami Beach, Florida
“Worst Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

After 3 hours delay and 8 hours flight from Spain i arrive with my family and a 9 month baby to the Soho Trumph Hotel at 11pm. We had late arrival so we should have the rooms and everything was paid, what was our surprise when we arrived to the reception desk and they sold our rooms... AMAZING! nothing to say, nothing to do, just shut up and move to other Hotel at 1am.

We had travelled around the world in every kind of hotels from 6stars to hostels and this first time ever happens, and in a place called Trump SoHo NY even worst.

If you plan to visit NY and you had book in this Hotel, make sure they have your rooms and they don´t sell it to other client... Good luck and take care.

Juan Segui

Been in Trumph Soho Hotel 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2012
After the inconvenience we move to the Palace until the 27th and we had a great time in NYC

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
21 Thank juanseguisotos
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear juanseguisotos,

Thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at 212.842.5525 or aoberoi@trumphotels.com.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed in NYC multiple times in the last few years for work, and I have stayed at the Trump Soho at least 10 times. My most recent stay was in May 2012. This is an excellent hotel. One tip: if you book through the website, you can select an option to receive an upgrade to a suite based on availability for an additional payment per night (which turns out to be far less than the cost of booking the suite). I have gotten upgraded every time I requested it through the website. The suites are a real treat -- particularly the bathroom -- where the tub looks out a window. I have always had excellent service from the front desk and the staff. The only slight downside is that it has a slightly "corporate" or "generic" in terms of design. While everything is very luxe, it's not cutting edge design.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Buben
Dear Buben,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for your repeat business. I am pleased that you enjoy the upgrade offer, as well as the suite amenities. Please do let me know if I can personally assist with any future reservations.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

My wife and I have experienced one of the most wonderful stay in this hotel.
The staff was very professional and helpful.
The room and amenities were wonderful and amazing.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christophe A
Dear Christophe A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Hershey, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I've stayed at many Manhattan hotels and have generally been overwhelmed by the price and underwhelmed by the lodging. I expected the same from the Trump SoHo. However, from the minute my taxi pulled up to the hotel to the time I left, I was pleasantly surprised over and over. The doormen who greeted us were smiling, friendly and acted as though they truly enjoyed their job. Check-in was quick, with the attendant asking me if I'd like a complimentary bottle of water (yes, of course!).

The room was spectacular! Even though I was only on the 11th floor, I still had a fine view. Bathrooms, bed mattress, linens, towels...everything was spotlessly clean and top notch. Bathroom amenities included shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, shower cap, sewing kit, qtips and mouthwash. My favorite thing of all was the hair dryer. It was a Barbar dryer (never heard of it before). My hair never looked better. I'm buying one of those hair dryers pronto!

Turndown service was automatic and put the final touch on an excellent experience. When I returned to my room in the evening, there was soft music playing. The drapes had been drawn and a fresh pair of slippers placed at the edge of the bed. A square of dark chocolate and a fresh bottle of water was left on the nightstand. ANOTHER bottle of water and a filled ice bucket were left on the wet bar.

The level of service at this hotel was just so refreshing. And, greatly appreciated after a day of meetings and travel. I'll be calling this my little SoHo oasis from now on.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank CocoaBean
Dear CocoaBean,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback about your stay. I am pleased that the service and amenities met your expectations, and I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Please let me know if I can assist with any future arrangements.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Exceptionally friendly and professional staff, beautiful rooms, and a breathtaking panoramic view from our up-graded room....even the bathroom had a gorgeous view of NYC. Spacious rooms, soft and luxurious sheets, and amenities galore!

Room Tip: We had an upper floor with a panoramic view of 3 sides of NYC! Ask your travel agent to help secure...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank threeboys1
Dear threeboys1,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room, the view, and the hotel amenities. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Donald Trump's got a funky doo we know,....but this hotel is something else. Lot's of attractions nearby and the staff was amazing. More amazing was the room - spacious with a beautiful sunset view. I enjoyed the sunset everyday sipping something in awe. Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank dougiez
Dear dougiez,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the sunset views each evening. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I have stayed there each of the last two weeks. Great location, friendly staff, super place.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank mcfcok7750
Dear mcfcok7750,

Thank you for your repeat business, and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and would be happy to assist with any future plans.