“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Just returned from a great stay at this excellent hotel. Everything was first class from start to finish, it was very hard to leave! Hard to beat the location too, minutes from great restaurants, bars and shops. I hope I can find an excuse to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear sbp83,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I look forward to your return stay.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I absolutely loved my time at the Trump Soho! The room was beautiful and I have an allergy to polyester which was not a problem here bc all the linens were plush cotton. I really enjoyed my time by the pool because the staff was very friendly and attentive to all my needs. I would definitely stay at the trump soho again. The hotel is also walking distance to little Italy and shopping district.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Faithfulvixen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, including the hotel's location and our pool deck. I look forward to your return.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We came for a quick three day getaway from Toronto (17th wedding anniversary). The hotel was wonderfully situated right in the heart of Soho. Subway one block away. Reasonable walk to the village and Meatpacking district, and to lower east side. Fabulous view onto downtown financial sector and Hudson river. We loved every minute of it, can't think of any other place we would rather stay in Manhattan.

The only glitch to an otherwise perfect stay was that Megan Martino, Reservations Associate, had reserved a high floor suite for us - what we got was a high floor regular room. Still, nothing to complain about - corner location with floor to ceiling glass walls with million dollar view and amazing bathroom. We regretted that the large TV obstructed view to one side, and that the amazing power curtains do not draw back completely to reveal the view to best advantage (we had to use the chairs to prop the curtains open completely).

We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for high floor if you want the best view in town.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dimitri P
Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great hotel, a bit pricey. But if you're going first class, this is the place to be. Corner suites are fabulous.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Robert K,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and for the tip about the corner suites. Please let me know if I can assist with arrangements for future stays.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

we enjoyed every minute and every aspect of our stay at the Trump Soho. the friendliness and attentiveness of the whole staff is remarkable and the view (room+bathroom) was breathtaking. details are highly valued, we felt very welcome and pampered during our whole stay. will definitely come back when staying in NY next time

Room Tip: the higher the better ... all views brilliant and one of a kind, even for NY standards!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JFK-LHR
Dear JFK-LHR,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the room as well as the service. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I recently spent four nights at the Trump Soho with my wife and two daughters, 10 and 13. We shared a suited on the 40th floor overlooking the Hudson river. This hotel has many strong features. It is conveniently located. There are two subway stations within a 5 minute walk and the Soho, Little Italy, Tribeca, and Chinatown neighborhoods are within 10-15 minutes walking. The facility is up-to date and the view we had was wonderful. The staff is young and, with a few exceptions, seems genuinely eager to please. The suite offered plenty of room for the four of us. There were two bathrooms and a pocket door separating the rooms. Breakfast at the Cafe was excellent. This was our first visit to New York and we loved staying at the Trump Soho. As others have commented, there are so many choices for hotels it was nice to be able to pick a hotel that was certain to be what we wanted.

One annoyance was that they tacked on a $75 a night charge for a sofa bed. Come on Donald - when you are charging a guest $800 a night you can throw in the sofa bed (which was probably already in the room) for free. It left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but not enough to keep me from putting the Trump Soho high on my list if I return to NYC with my family.

One note: While we were there, there was a fire alarm at 1 AM. You can't blame the hotel for this, and they kept us informed over the loudspeaker. However, it makes one think - what would you do if you did need to evacuate a high rise hotel in the middle of the night. I'll be checking the location of exits from now on.

Room Tip: If the trip is for a special occasion, pay extra for the higher rooms. The views are great and the e...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank dallasdrc
Dear dallasdrc,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that we could be part of your first New York City experience, and you enjoyed your suite and the hotel's location. I look forward to your return visit.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

I was conflicted - the only Trump-branded places I've stayed at before were styled by what seemed like a grandmother on acid. Gold/gaudy. I was tired of staying mid town for work so took a chance and, based on Trip Advisor reviews, booked the Trump SoHo. It was great - contemporary, compact rooms. Great lovation in SoHo. Good service. I didn't eat there but hotel restaurant menu seemed decent. The one annoyance was elevator service. More than once, there was long line to use elevators. It's possible there were events going on upstairs, though no one in my car stopped at those floors. It seemed like they just under spec'd number or elevator speed.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank max_umami
Dear max_umami,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the contemporary design, SoHo location, and service. I hope to see you in the future.