“A real treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A real treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Just got back from New York after 6 nights at the Trump Soho, should have been 7 but British Airways badly let us down so we missed our connection and were a day late getting out of the UK - that's a whole story in itself.

First impressions positive with classy lobby and no queues at reception. No chocolate strawberries or champagne in sight though as other reviewers seem to have received. Up to our room on the 41st and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Our 16 year old was staying with my wife and I and the 1 King Premiere room and bathroom was a little bit on the small side, especially when the rollaway bed came in. We were looking directly out across the Hudson which would ordinarily have been an exceptional view, however, I believe it's probably the least interesting direction for your room to face at the Trump Soho. The furniture and fittings were classy though and I felt like I was somewhere special.

After one night I enquired about upgrading to a suite having turned down the option a few weeks earlier when I was in contact with the hotel. Apparently the price had gone up in those few weeks but after a bit of pleading I got the same deal I was originally offered. When I saw our new room on the 31st floor I was almost speechless. It had a large sitting area with picture window overlooking the Hudson again but the bedroom was on a corner looking both across the river and straight up 6th avenue with the Empire State Building and midtown Manhattan taking centre stage. The bathroom was huge with his and hers wash basins and a tub with a view straight up to midtown, glorious. There was also a separate powder room at he entrance to the suite. All in all it was stunning and well worth every cent of the extra cost. The lighting controls were a little fiddly especially so with 3 of us in there but the electric drapes were a nice touch of luxury.

We had no problems with any of the staff, at the very least they were all pleasant and courteous. I would single Leah out for special praise and I hope this feedback reaches her. She was an absolute delight and I truly could not have wished for more.

This vacation was intended as a treat and although it started badly with a missed connection, it turned into a dream come true once we got into the suite. Location was fine with a choice of subway stations within a few minutes walk. Didn't eat in the hotel - couldn't afford it having blown the budget on the room, but there were options in the vicinity. Soundproofing fine with very little street noise finding its way up to us. Didn't notice anything from neighbouring rooms either. All in all highly recommended especially if you can get a good deal on a suite.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear PaulinLeeds1957

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the views from your suite. And thank you for the kind words about Leah, we will be sure to share them with her. Please let me know if I can assist with any future arrangements.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Beautiful room. Beautiful hotel. Great service. Fairly convenient to SoHo stores - a bit of a New York walk, but not bad.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dear wildrice311

Thank you for your feedback about our service and your room at the Trump SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed four nights at the Trump Soho, and had a perfect stay. The room was great, clean and fresh. The beds are like a dream, soft and nice. Bathroom was big with separate room for the toilet, which is nice when we are a family. We spent some time up by the pool terrace and the employees were taking really good care of everyone. The all over service of the hotel is outstanding, everyone greets you with a smile and they are pleased to help if needed. We will defineatly be back next trip to New York and will recommend this hotel to everyone! The hotel is just on the outskirts of Soho, just a two minutes walk and you are in the middle of Soho. Restaurants and shopping nearby. The area seemed very safe, and a lot of people around at all times made us feel safe. The streets are not crowded as 5 th avenues or those areas, it is nice to be able to walk without bumping into people at all times. Also there are restaurants where you can sit outside, which is nice. We did not eat at the hotel at all, there is a starbucks across the road for breakfast. But probably the hotel breakfast is as good as the rest of the hotel :-)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear llllllllllllllll

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your family’s stay at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room, pool and location of the hotel. I appreciate you recommending the hotel and look forward to your return on your next trip to NYC.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I went to New York for the weekend on my own as a break from three kids under five, so anything was great for me! However the Trump SOHO was more than fabulous - mostly because of the room and in-room service. The hotel was in a great spot - about 20 metres to a subway station and not much further to great cafes and restaurants.

The bathroom was fabulous, with a big bath, which I sunk into after walking for 7 hours - and even better, a TV in the bathroom so I could watch TV while soaking.

I went out to a show and came back and my room had been readied for bed - pillows fluffed, bottle of water, chocolate and slippers by my bed!

I will stay there again - and have booked my husband in for his weekend away as well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kiwi08
, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Kiwi08

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a relaxing stay for your weekend away and were able to enjoy the deep soaking tub and our in room services. We look forward to welcoming you back again and welcoming your husband for his weekend away.

tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

What a wonderful stay, beginning from the smiling greetings of the front doormen and the friendly reception staff. We stayed here for 7 nights and the service was impeccable throughout our stay. The room was excellent, with everything thought of, remote blinds, gowns, slippers, espresso machine etc. Location is excellent with many cafes, restaurants, bars etc nearby. Not far to walk anywhere from this hotel, walk 15 or 20 mins in any direction and you come upon some very interesting villages. Also very close to subways.
Would we stay here again - in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taskatarina
, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear taskatarina

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I appreciate your kind words about our doormen and reception team. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room amenities and our location in SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo in the future.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Not rude, the staff is just distant in their actions. Barely got eye-to-eye contact. I asked them for a wake-up call and did not get one. When I showed up late to my meeting for my internship position, I explained my missed wake-up call from Trump Soho, the lady told me about her bad experience there when the hotel first opened. Apparently she had been charged for services she never asked for nor received. Be careful on this place; and check your credit card statement!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
14 Thank Julia B
, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Julia B,

Thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at 212.842.5525 or aoberoi@trumphotels.com.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location, with shops and restaurants nearby and close to subways. Hotel service was first class with attention to detail. All staff were very welcoming and went out of their way to help you.
The hotel room is very well equipped and fixtures and fittings are of a good quality. You can even move items in the fridge without receiving a bill for moving them. We especially found the bed very comfortable and pillows and sheets were equally of high quality.
Our only disappointment being that our room did not have a view looking over the city, but faced on to a dismal run down decaying building at the rear of the hotel. So do check this when you book in.
We would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Check on aspect when you book in, the lower rooms at the rear face on to dilapidated buildings with...