“the best at the soho”

Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 August 2012

great location
best service
the suite are very large- not like we had ever in new york. 2 bathroom and a lot of space.
they let us check out at 16:00 , also not like other hotels at the city.
wifi- 15 dollar per day but for all your phone\ devices.

Room Tip: take the suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear elad5789

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite and the oversized bathrooms. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed 3 August 2012

First off, wow. Everything you'd expect from a Trump, lovely room, wonderful staff. But during dinner, there is a strong smell of grilling meat coming from the vents in the hallways - all the way up on the 22nd floor. Didn't go to other floors to check. But it only is in the halls, you get just a whiff in your room. I spoke to another guest and he noticed it too. Then, when I called guest services they admitted to this problem. Oh well.

Room Tip: The kings are huge rooms, the only advantage to the one bedroom suite is the extra living area, but...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear anastasiajuly

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Trump does it again! An incredible hotel that has everything you can think about. It's worth the money you spend as you get a 5 star treatment.

I proposed to my girlfriend at the Trump Soho New York. I have made all the arrangements ahead of time thanks to the amazing trump attache and concierge service. We stayed for four nights from June 29 to July 2nd.

The Hotel:

From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were welcomed by the bell men which took our bags. You can directly smell the unique odor of the Lobby which was very refreshing specially if you are walking all day in NYC streets. Everyone was smiley and happy to have us in the hotel. Check in was smooth and we were upgraded to a corner suite with a breathtaking view of Upper Manhattan. The suite was huge for NYC standards and the bed OMG it's to die for. It's a dangerous bad actually as it sucks you in and you never want to leave it. Everything in the room is controlled by a remote control from lighting to tv to curtains to etc... The washroom was amazing... huge..luxury material..

Cleaning service was great and turn down service as well

A lot of the residents of the hotel are rich people and I got to see few celebrities like the general manager of the Toronto Raptors. And you can always see luxury cars dropping off hotel guests.

There is also the hotel cars that are complimentary to the hotel guests. We were driven both by their amazing 2012 Benz CLS to restaurants in the SoHo area.

The pool is also amazing. It's pretty small but just hanging out at the well designed pool with a bar and great service was fabulous. And the people at the pool were the NYC sexy people that you usually see on TV. Everyone was friendly.

Location:

I find the hotel in a great location if it's few steps from a metro station and you can take a 10 min cab to the toursitic area if you are into this. For us, we loved the area because we were away from all the tourists and we hanged out in the SoHo area that has a lot of art galleries, restaurants and high end clothing stores in additional to some boutique clothing stores.

We also walked to the Financial district/Brookly Bridge/ and chelsea area. We took a cab to central park and that took 10 min for 10 dollars (including tip).

Conclusion:

Best hotel I had ever stayed in and would definitely come back here when I am back in NYC. I'll give it 5 star for luxury/service/location.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Omarosa

Congratulations on your engagement, I am pleased to hear that our Trump Attaché and concierges were able to arrange all the details of your proposal to ensure it was a memorable moment. I appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to welcoming you and your fiancée back to the Trump SoHo.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We paid a lot, but got the most awesome view from Soho to Central Park, punctuated by NY architecture all along. Comfy, convenient, pleasant. And to top it off, they sent a follow-up survey on our stay, and cared enough to contact us about a concern we had. To our delight, we learned that they donate their used soap and shampoo to Clean The World, which recycles it and distributes it to those who otherwise lack soap that can prevent the spread of potentially fatal diseases. What a wonderful plus!

Aquagrill, just steps away, is a great seafood restaurant.

Dear wonworld

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the view from your room and that we were able to inform you about our participation with Clean the World. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I need to start of that I used to work in the hotel industry for over 7 years and I am aware of guest services. We just arrived back from a three night stay at the Trump Soho. When we arrived Friday for our 3pm check in they gentleman at the desk tried to tell me that the room was not ready. This was no way going to sit with me as there is a 3pm check in time. He said the last guest had departed later and as if that was my issue. He offered drinks by the bar and as I explained to him I wanted the room asap and drinks by the bar is not why I paid $600 a night to stay there.

Other than that the room was clean and well kept. This was my first time in NYC, the city so nice they priced it twice. Great area and the restos in Meatpacking district were fab. I am a Torontonian and love my dining out. Yankees Red Sox on Sunday and great shopping all weekend long. Book here for sure and enjoy what the city has to offer. You need to bring lots of patience and love what the city has to offer. SPA was amazing and ask for Stephanie.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Fadi M

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your first trip to NYC. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Spa services and downtown location. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements at the Trump SoHo.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here with our four small children from 6/30-7/7 and had a wonderful experience. We usually stay at 5 star hotels when we travel and this place was the best so far. It's very nice and upscale without being stuffy. The pool area was the perfect space with wonderful views.
The staff was very accommodating and friendly, especially Philip D'Antoni and Aaron Miller. Great to have all of the baby equipment available through the concierge, we even requested additional strollers, and car seats for our 12am pick-up from the airport last minute with no problems.

Drinks at the pool bar were really great, especially the Passion de Fuego Margarita (its spicy)

great location for soho, tribeca or the village, we walked no problem to each area.

Really comfortable beds and pillows. We arranged babysitting through the concierge and the quality of the two ladies that came to take care of our four small girls ( 4 year old twins, 2 year old and 1 year old) was spectacular, you could really tell how well trained and engaged they were in playing with them. Both nights we came back to all the girls asleep, such a nice treat.

Every touch in this hotel really is well thought out from the pillow menu, to the spicy cocktails and the superb staff. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear aimeegoeppner

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our kids amenities and services and the signature cocktails by the pool. I look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We just spent a week at this very stylish "rockstar hotel" I loved it!! We too were upgraded to a stunning city view on the 34th floor with amazing sunrises and breathtaking night vista's .....this is not the place to stay if your over 50 and prefer the classic style of the Peninsula...this is rock star chic and during my stay we saw several...the bathroom is truly lovely although you have to be cool that there is no doorway between the room....loved the nespreso machine (finally) ..and the bed is indeed to die for...pillow top and super soft...the downside..and yes there is no restaurant really ...the breakfast in the library not worth the waste of time....the lifts are slow, my door needed a man to fix it as it had moved and would not close... The pool..hmm well really were all those 20 year olds really staying at the hotel looking like models....Mind you the old men surrounding them definitely were....not the place to take kids if you bring them....really though this hotel is not a family hotel it's too cool for that..staff are lovely, to me this is more the place to make babies than bring them!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank wendyinafrica

Dear wendyinafrica

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.