“Stay”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #130 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great Hotel. This will be my hotel of choice the next time I am in NYC! The rooms were nice, the food was great, the location was top notch. I like the Trump SOHO......................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Russell P
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Russell P

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I appreciate you choosing us as your hotel of choice in NYC and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Trump Soho has to by far be one of the best places I have ever stayed in, from customer service to the actual hotel itself.

In NYC where space is at a premium, their rooms are spacious, light and simply first class. Upon arrival the staff at reception advised us, that it may be in our best interest to upgrade to a larger room (as we had an extra person join us at the last minute). This was done promptly and efficiently and more importantly at an excellent (reduced) charge per night than what the standard rate is. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the 34th floor overlooking the Hudson and N. Jersey. The views were just breathtaking. Bedroom had a huge king size bed, facing the windows. The lounge room was also spacious and more than large enough for two people to sleep on the fold-out lounge sofa. The sofa itself was comfortable enough to sleep on it for 8 nights. Bathroom was spacious, clean with a bath surrounded by windows and offering stunning views of the Manhattan skyline.

The staff made a note that upon booking I mentioned my mom's birthday as one of the reasons for the trip to NYC, and on our 1st night upon return to the hotel they surprised us with a small selection of cakes for my mum as well as a lovely note wishing her a Happy birthday.

The location is just superb. Soho with its huge variety of shops, cafes and restaurants is literally on your doorstep. Village, Little Italy, Chinatown, NoHo, Nolita are all within walking distance.

If you wish to go further Uptown it is only a short and cheap cab ride away. La Guardia is closer than JFK and cheaper. A cab ride to Brooklyn is not going to set you much either. It was so nice to stay at SoHo and avoid the tourist mayhem of Midtown part of Manhattan.

It's the little things that separate great hotels from good ones, most of the time it is great customer service that does it and at Trump Soho you experience it at every step, from the doorman that greets you every day (and offers sightseeing info), to reception staff and housekeeping. The fact that the hotel is relatively new, stylish and just first class adds to the overall experience. I would gladly return to this hotel and recommend it to all friends and family.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the views. If a view is what you are after, you will have to pay more f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank banika

Dear banika

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and helped to make your mother’s birthday a memorable one. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed one night here for our anniversary in September. The hotel staff from the doormen to the front desk were all extremely on point-very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was really large which was nice. I have to say that there were a few drawbacks for me. First we were on the 16th floor yet we heard every single honking car & traffic going towards the Holland Tunnel. Being a light sleeper this didn't help me much at 3 am (yes there is traffic at any time day or night in NYC) The AC was set to Auto and 71 degrees yet it never seemed to turn on. I had to keep getting up to lower the temperature to kick the air back on bc it was so hot. Not sure what was up with that. I don't think I could have made it sleeping there more than one night between those 2 things.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to avoid the noise from the street below
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy M

Dear Anaps

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo for your anniversary. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and am happy to hear you enjoyed the features of your room. At your convenience, I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you regarding any noise concerns, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed at Trump Soho for 10th wedding anniversary and it was hands down best hotels stay I have ever had. The service was remarkable and was offered an upgrade to a suite as a gift for celebrating at the hotel. Attaché even brought cookies, chocolate and other snacks as a surprise since I was also pregnant. Location is away from tourist scene but very convenient. Room was very spacious and the technology to control the entire room from your tv remote is the coolest thing I have ever seen! This place is a must stay while in NY for anyone who wants true luxury at a great price!!! Will be back for Macy's parade in November!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LittleMarcDad
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear LittleMarcDad

Thank you for celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary at the Trump SoHo and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I am pleased to hear our Attaché team helped to make your stay a memorable one and that you enjoyed the technology within our rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

This place is great. Professional and friendly staff. The rooms are clean, elegant, luxurious, and have all the ammenities you could desire.
We were complimentary upgraded to a suite. What a great room!
The pool at Trump SOHO is awesome! I spent an entire afternoon lounging in the Manhattan heat looking at the beautiful skyline. I wouldn't consider staying at any other Manhattan hotel during the summer months. The pool seals the deal!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Everything you would expect from a Trump hotel. Chic, sleek and stylish with first class service. We stayed for a week on the 31st floor with amazing views over downtown all the way up to midtown with the Empire State and Chrysler buildings in clear view. The room was huge, with a spectacular bathroom and most wonderful shower. The location is superb for exploring downtown plus the subway station is right across the street to go up to midtown and beyond. Town cars are also available to hire and yellow cabs are in endless supply. After a busy day out in Manhatten our room was an oasis of calm to return to. Special thanks to Mehandra on the front desk who could not have been more helpful to us. This was our third viit to NYC and Trump Soho is by far the best hotel in town. I would recommend it to anyone. To pick up on other reviews, if you want to star spot, it is definitely the place to be. We saw a few famous faces during our stay and plenty of paps on the sidewalk every day. Finally, the outdoor pool and terrace area on the 7th floor is just lovely and such a relaxing space to unwind or have a pre-dinner cocktail. Super chic. Just loved the whole experience.

Room Tip: The higher you go the bigger the room and better the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjdon

Dear sjdon

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your room and our downtown location. And thank you for your kind comments about Mohendra, I will be sure he is recognized. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have always avoided Trump hotels because I felt that, like their namesake, they were likely to be long on style and short on substance. We stayed here only because the events we were attending we're in walking distance. That being said, the Trump SoHo was pretty solid. The room was great - spacious and stylish. The staff was mixed. First of all, the kudos. We arrived around 4:00pm and valeted the car but knew we would need it at 5:30 to drive to a party in NJ. When I told the valet this, he offered to leave the car out front for us so we wouldn't incur the minimum ~$50 charge for parking it. That was very accommodating of him. The front staff were indifferent. They spent a lot of time telling us what time we had to be out and what charges we would incur for various things we did and did little to tell us what great things there were in the hotel - which most other hotels do. It seemed like she just wanted to get us in and out quickly to get to the next customer. Friendly was not a word in her vocabulary. The elevator situation is awful. One is clearly dedicated to service staff, so even though it starts in the basement, it skips the ground floor. Often you have to wait for the second car. That being said, each time I was in the elevator with a staff member, they were polite and courteous without being stuffy. Finally, if your goal is to be in a place where celebrities are, you can't go wrong here. We saw Maria Sharapova and that English dude that plays Brody on Homeland. There are paparazzi permanently installed at the Starbucks across the street from the hotel entrance. Was this my favorite hotel in NYC? No. Would I happily stay here again if I needed to stay in SoHo? Yes. I give it 4 stars but would give 4.5 if it were an option.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ggw33

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and overall had a great stay with us. And thank you for your feedback on our front desk and elevators. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.