“Superb hotel with stunning views”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at a penthouse suite on the 42nd floor. At arrival we had the option of paying a fair amount extra for an upgrade. The views were stunning at all times. Service is first class and very friendly. The beds are most likely the best in any hotel we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Corner suites or rooms would be my favorite and consider upgrading once you arrive for check -in
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed for two nights in August. It's a lovely hotel with very good staff. They were welcoming and helpful. We had a lovely room with a great view of Manhattan, it's definitely worth upgrading. Lying in the bath watching the Manhattan skyline is pretty cool!

The room was spacious and comfortable although I would have liked a door on the bathroom. The bed was very soft and the cashmere throw was a nice little touch. Decent sized robes, good slippers, lots of fluffy towels and generously sized bottles of toiletries were all provided.

There is also a microwave and a well stocked mini bar and you are allowed to remove the bottles and put your own inside (hallelujah a hotel that realizes guests may have to chill medicine and not want to pay as soon as a bottle is moved!)

The hotel is surrounded by offices and warehouses and is a 5 min stroll from the shops and restaurants of Soho. It's a great location if you want to explore southern Manhattan.

Breakfast in the hotel is pricey but if you want a more authentic NY experience try Amelia's diner just a 100 yards from the hotel.

There is a rooftop pool however we were too intimidated to actually use it! In all my years of travelling this is the first time I've ever felt like this in a hotel! We found ourselves surrounded by size zero "models" in dry clean only bikinis who looked like they were in a fashion shoot. We both felt much too embarrassed to expose our normal size, wrinkly bodies!!! That of course is not the hotel's fault.

All in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to get a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gill63
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed here with my mom and friend over a weekend in January. It was super cold out, but it just meant that we got to spend more time at this fantastic hotel! We stayed in one bedroom suite on a higher floor and what a view!!! I posted a picture of it... simply amazing, you can see all the way to Central Park. The rooms were cozy even with the floor to ceiling views of the city, and the bed was one of those you never wanted to get out of. Fabulous bathrooms also with amazing view of the city. The service was great and staff very friendly... one of the better hotels I've stayed at in NYC.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear Catie B

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the views from your floor to ceiling windows and the comfort of our beds. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

This review is long overdue as we stayed at Trump Soho for nine nights in the middle of August. We booked a standard room but upgraded to a one bedroom suite as the bathroom is open plan and there was no door. There were three of us from Australia and we had a really wonderful stay partly due to the amazing service at this property. We were lucky enough to meet Gaby on the front desk whose genuine warmth and hospitality is hard to find anywhere. We really felt that she went above and beyond in order to make our stay special.
The property in itself is very nice and in my opinion you cannot beat the location. The pool service is great, the gym never crowded and the doormen are also very helpful. Why would you want to stay anywhere else in NYC! Cannot wait to return. Thanks again Gaby.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Indi7

Dear indi7

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your kind comments about our doormen and Gaby and will be sure they are recognized. I look forward to your return visit and please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed at Trump Soho last May so this review is coming a bit late. Stayed in a one-bedroom suite, because of the layout the living area was quite spacious but the bedroom a bit small although the views were amazing so no complaints there. Traveled with my husband and our 4 month old daughter, the hotel was surprisingly family friendly. Breakfast was at their small cafe and it was nice and quiet so perfect to bring along our baby (who was always sleeping then). Service was excellent and efficient and always very friendly. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear junebug75

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate you sharing your family’s experience and thank you for the nice comments about our staff. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

This truly is a fantastic hotel. Great room and great location. However it is let down by a terrible billing system that caused issues for us on checkout and others who were checking out at the same time. We had disputes over a number of items that were double billed etc and even billed after we checked out. Beware.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank VWSydney

Dear VWSydney

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear that overall you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed your room and our downtown location. I would be happy to discuss any billing concerns personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

In general, I've been very happy with my stays at Trump Soho. The hotel is clean, the rooms are comfortable and the service in the past has been generally great. I'd have to agree with some others that the service was not quite as great as it had been on my first few visits, but still better than many NY hotels. I had quite a long wait at check-in this time, and the desk clerks didn't seem as attuned to that as you might expect, but otherwise, a very positive experience.

Food quality is very good, rooms are stylish and modern, amenities are very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank stephb20
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear stephb20

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback regarding your wait time to check in. I look forward to welcoming you back and please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.