“Clinical experience..”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #130 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Hi there,
I stayed at the Soho Trump Hotel at the end of August beginning of September this year. The booking was easy enough and expectations were set as high given the web-site claims, general Trump excellent reputation and high cost of staying there.
Sadly I felt that the people that work at the Soho Trump lacked a 'geniune attention to care' towards customers. The push is certainly towards taking as much money from us as possible starting with check in. I arrived just after 2pm, and then waited 2 hours for my room to be cleaned & ready. During my wait I was offered an upgrade - payable of course.
The hotel is definitely very nicely presented at a good standard - I just like that personal care as seen when I stayed at the Mansion in Atlanta.
The restauarant was not opened at the time I stayed but there's certainly plenty of choices of great eateries in Soho.
I did ask for a cupboard to be fixed - it wouldn't close, so I kept hitting it as I past it in my bedroom - all they did was wedge it shut (which I had been able to do myself - but did not fix the problem).
The only bar was the pool-side bar - that was nice.. but I was surprised that was the only bar.
Having stayed at Thompson Street Hotel & Soho Grand, I would certainly consider an alternative location mainly due to the high cost of staying at the Trump versus what it offers compared to other very good hotels nearby..

Room Tip: Certainly the high floors have the best views. The people on the front desk can show you a floor pla...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Doreen626
Write a ReviewReviews (3,163)

Reviewed 25 October 2012

From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we were mesmerized. The fragrance in the lobby was oh-so-inviting, and the service was unimaginable. When we arrived to our room, we were sadden to see only one sink. However, at our request for another room with double-vanity sinks, we were transferred to another room as soon as a room with our specifications was available. The room we ended up with not only had two sinks and a larger bath overall, but breath-taking views of the city. In addition, the beds/pillows were the most comfortable I have EVER slept in. As a result, our day would always start late at our reluctance to leave the comfiness of our bed. We truly felt that staying at this hotel was well worth the price and with the superb service, we cannot wait to come back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer the best view, and larger bathrooms. If you are unhappy with your room or want pa...
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The location of the hotel was great! Close to great shops and restaurants. The staff was very helpful. We had a beautiful superior room on the 32nd floor. The view of the city was spectacular. For breakfast we would go across the street to Starbucks. Cheaper than breakfast at the hotel. We did not use the spa (also too expensive). Lovely hotel, but i don't know if i would stay there again. For the price we paid, they could have at least included free wi-fi and free valet parking.

1  Thank Saralin
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My hubby and I decided to stay here for our 5-year Anniversary. We stayed in one of the One-Bedroom Suites and let me tell you - the room was amazing. The bed and couch were so soft, the bed was probably the best bed i have ever slept in. We stayed on the 15th floor, the view was still stunning. The room was roomy and cozy. The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. Tiffany, the employee who checked us in, even provided us complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (which were heavenly by the way) since we told her it was our 5th anniversary, which was so nice of her!!

The hotel definitely made our anniversary a truly memorable experience and it was well worth what we paid for it. To any couple celebrating an anniversary or another milestone, i highly recommend this hotel!! We would definitely come back again!

1  Thank Irene L
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The hotel service was impeccable, the room was gorgeous, but I didn't like the vibe in the lobby. Sometimes I wondered what alternate universe I had landed in! As another reviewer noted, lots of size O models, and during our stay they were not at the pool but sitting on each other's laps sipping cocktails in the lobby in the evening. I know this has nothing to do with the quality and service of the hotel itself, but it made me feel uncomfortable walking through to the elevator! Buffet breakfast was included with our package, but I completely agree with other posters that it is not worth it. A small selection of fruit, baked goods, and a couple of hot items, with a five star price. Overall, it was nice but I wouldn't stay here again.

1  Thank AngieNSW
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at a penthouse suite on the 42nd floor. At arrival we had the option of paying a fair amount extra for an upgrade. The views were stunning at all times. Service is first class and very friendly. The beds are most likely the best in any hotel we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Corner suites or rooms would be my favorite and consider upgrading once you arrive for check -in
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed for two nights in August. It's a lovely hotel with very good staff. They were welcoming and helpful. We had a lovely room with a great view of Manhattan, it's definitely worth upgrading. Lying in the bath watching the Manhattan skyline is pretty cool!

The room was spacious and comfortable although I would have liked a door on the bathroom. The bed was very soft and the cashmere throw was a nice little touch. Decent sized robes, good slippers, lots of fluffy towels and generously sized bottles of toiletries were all provided.

There is also a microwave and a well stocked mini bar and you are allowed to remove the bottles and put your own inside (hallelujah a hotel that realizes guests may have to chill medicine and not want to pay as soon as a bottle is moved!)

The hotel is surrounded by offices and warehouses and is a 5 min stroll from the shops and restaurants of Soho. It's a great location if you want to explore southern Manhattan.

Breakfast in the hotel is pricey but if you want a more authentic NY experience try Amelia's diner just a 100 yards from the hotel.

There is a rooftop pool however we were too intimidated to actually use it! In all my years of travelling this is the first time I've ever felt like this in a hotel! We found ourselves surrounded by size zero "models" in dry clean only bikinis who looked like they were in a fashion shoot. We both felt much too embarrassed to expose our normal size, wrinkly bodies!!! That of course is not the hotel's fault.

All in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to get a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple