“the tallest building in Soho”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #132 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 October 2012

being the tallest building in soho and other neigh boroughs, you normally have an amazing view of the town or of the Hudson river and it was. We had a room on 35th floor with stunning view of the Hudson and financial district as well. The location is perfect to see the vibrant soho, tribeca, nolita, etc...
I do not agree anyway with excellent reviews talking about a 5L hotel. Breakfast is small and not so certainly at the level of a 5L hotel. The SPA! 25$ access to get in to a microscopic sauna as well as the steam bathroom. Better to not have the SPA, better to only serve treatments and stop.

Not sure to come back here again. We are talking about an average price of 700 USD including taxes. There are many places around for that spending. Really many options.

Room Tip: I like higher floors and in this case make sense because of the great size of this tower. Hudson vi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pantomo
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear pantomo

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the views from your room of downtown and the Hudson River. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast and spa and hope to welcome you back again.

Best,
Andreas Oberoi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,175)

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I am in New York for work multiple times a year and love when I am able to stay in this place. Most hotel rooms in the city are quite small - not Trump SoHo. The rooms are fabulous and big. The bathroom is also quite spacious. The staff is extremely helpful and will do anything to make your stay better. The neighborhood is also great with a lot to do within walking distance. Everything about this place is 5 star.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank stephs_treks

Dear stephs_treks

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. I appreciate your repeat business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to NYC.

Best,
Andreas Oberoi

Reviewed 26 October 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for the past few weeks and I can not say enough good things about it! We live in TriBeCa but are renovating so we have been staying in hotels for the past few months. We have tried every dog friendly, high end hotel in Tribeca and SoHo and this is by far the best! We are now staying every week because it is by far so much nicer then any other hotel in the area. The rooms are large and comfortable (and we have stayed in three different room types so far). The decor is beautiful, everything is very comfortable, the staff is amazing and helpful, everything is very clean and the restaurant is great! It has been my husband, three kids and dog and we all have been very comfortable and happy there! I would Highly recommend it! (I have Never reviewed Anything before but I really do feel this hotel is the best choice if you are are coming to the city!)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Hi there,
I stayed at the Soho Trump Hotel at the end of August beginning of September this year. The booking was easy enough and expectations were set as high given the web-site claims, general Trump excellent reputation and high cost of staying there.
Sadly I felt that the people that work at the Soho Trump lacked a 'geniune attention to care' towards customers. The push is certainly towards taking as much money from us as possible starting with check in. I arrived just after 2pm, and then waited 2 hours for my room to be cleaned & ready. During my wait I was offered an upgrade - payable of course.
The hotel is definitely very nicely presented at a good standard - I just like that personal care as seen when I stayed at the Mansion in Atlanta.
The restauarant was not opened at the time I stayed but there's certainly plenty of choices of great eateries in Soho.
I did ask for a cupboard to be fixed - it wouldn't close, so I kept hitting it as I past it in my bedroom - all they did was wedge it shut (which I had been able to do myself - but did not fix the problem).
The only bar was the pool-side bar - that was nice.. but I was surprised that was the only bar.
Having stayed at Thompson Street Hotel & Soho Grand, I would certainly consider an alternative location mainly due to the high cost of staying at the Trump versus what it offers compared to other very good hotels nearby..

Room Tip: Certainly the high floors have the best views. The people on the front desk can show you a floor pla...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Doreen626
Reviewed 25 October 2012

From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we were mesmerized. The fragrance in the lobby was oh-so-inviting, and the service was unimaginable. When we arrived to our room, we were sadden to see only one sink. However, at our request for another room with double-vanity sinks, we were transferred to another room as soon as a room with our specifications was available. The room we ended up with not only had two sinks and a larger bath overall, but breath-taking views of the city. In addition, the beds/pillows were the most comfortable I have EVER slept in. As a result, our day would always start late at our reluctance to leave the comfiness of our bed. We truly felt that staying at this hotel was well worth the price and with the superb service, we cannot wait to come back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer the best view, and larger bathrooms. If you are unhappy with your room or want pa...
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The location of the hotel was great! Close to great shops and restaurants. The staff was very helpful. We had a beautiful superior room on the 32nd floor. The view of the city was spectacular. For breakfast we would go across the street to Starbucks. Cheaper than breakfast at the hotel. We did not use the spa (also too expensive). Lovely hotel, but i don't know if i would stay there again. For the price we paid, they could have at least included free wi-fi and free valet parking.

1  Thank Saralin
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My hubby and I decided to stay here for our 5-year Anniversary. We stayed in one of the One-Bedroom Suites and let me tell you - the room was amazing. The bed and couch were so soft, the bed was probably the best bed i have ever slept in. We stayed on the 15th floor, the view was still stunning. The room was roomy and cozy. The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. Tiffany, the employee who checked us in, even provided us complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (which were heavenly by the way) since we told her it was our 5th anniversary, which was so nice of her!!

The hotel definitely made our anniversary a truly memorable experience and it was well worth what we paid for it. To any couple celebrating an anniversary or another milestone, i highly recommend this hotel!! We would definitely come back again!

1  Thank Irene L