“The best hotel experience ever”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #119 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Mahwah, New Jersey
“The best hotel experience ever”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I have never written a hotel review before, but we had such an amazing stay at the Trump Soho Hotel that I feel like I need to write something. To start, when we checked in, we were told that they were giving us a huge upgrade. Our suite was stunning--comfortable, plush, impeccable, with wonderful views of NYC all around. But as fantastic as our room was, what really made the stay special was the staff. Everyone was so genuinely friendly, helpful,and thoughtful. I have never stayed at a hotel were the staff seemed to care as much about the guests as they did here. We went to the hotel for a Sweet 16 weekend for my daughter, and before arrival, the hotel attache contacted me to ask what kind of cake my daughter liked; when we arrived we found her favorite sweets and treats in the room, along with a huge bunch of balloons (including ones specifically for Sweet 16) and a personalized birthday note. The doormen greeted us by name, arranged last-minute transportation for us, and even offered to send up more cupcakes for the birthday celebration. The concierge, the front desk, the doormen, housekeeping--everyone we encountered seemed to want nothing more than to make our stay memorable and perfect, and they certainly did just that. I will certainly go back to the Trump Soho again!

Room Tip: High rooms have fabulous views!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank PKD9
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear PKD9

Thank you for sharing your daughter’s Sweet 16 experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and helped to make your daughter’s birthday a very memorable one. I look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I loved my room at this hotel. Great view of the city skyline, super comfortable bed and huge bathroom. The service is personalized and friendly, and dinner at Koi is fabulous. Would definitely return.

Also, the room sizes are large by Manhattan standards.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SarahDallas222
Dear SarahDallas222

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo on your next visit to NYC.

Paris, France
Reviewed 9 November 2012

The hotel is very beautiful, you have an amazing view from the city and the whole room has Fendi furnishings. The location is also great to walk around, great restaurants and shopping but thats nothing new for me since I used to lived in Soho when I lived in New York. The only down side of the hotel for me is the service. I don't had anything special to complain about the service just the lack of it . I like to be pampered specially when I'm paying $800 a night. I have received better treatment in the four seasons and even the W. They didn't help my husband with his luggage or called us a taxi, it was like we weren't there. I'm not sure if it's because we are both young under 30 but it was definitely the worst service for this type of hotel. I'd recommend the hotel if you're in a business trip but not for a special occasion.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IsabellaPBM
Dear IsabellaPBM

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Great service. I enjoyed the pillow menu. All the different aroma's helped eased the Sandy situation. By far one of the best views you can have in New York. We were able to view the Hudson, Ground Zero and the Empire State Building from my room. Also, great doorman and car service. They knew what places to go and the best time to arrive.

Room Tip: Premiere One Bedroom Suite
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hotfirejuice
Dear hotfirejuice

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our exclusive Trump Pillow Menu and appreciate your kind comments about our doormen and car service. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Interesting place right next to the village which is a lovely part of Manhattan.
The hotel is indeed welcoming and boast a glossy "bling-bling" atmosphere a la trump, not doubt!

Sleeping is comfortable with a good choice of pillows and the service is great and diligent. The place is a little pricey for what it is. Good modern bathrooms to relax in.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear ulysse5London

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our exclusive Trump pillow menu. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Had no idea a view like that existed in Manhattan. All of the upper floors have a completely unblocked view. Truly a sight to see. The rooms were perfect. Clean, modern, upscale. Worth every cent. The service was the best part of the stay. I called to have shirts pressed. They were there to pick them up before I had the form completed. I asked for them at 7am the next morning.....there on the dot. Would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotels new restaurant is great. They say they have signature rolls you wont find anywhere else...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear bhutchison_12

I appreciate you sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the unobstructed views from your room and our overnight laundry service. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

new york
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Excellent service and great location. Near the West Village (my favorite part of NYC) and in SoHo. Very nice spa, although one needs a computer class in order to work the shower and toilet. Magnificent views of the city.

Room Tip: ask for a river view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear ciaonestor

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo and The Spa at Trump. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.