“Great Location to reach NYC best aeras”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #116 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Paris
“Great Location to reach NYC best aeras”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Location of the Hotel is perfect to reach New York's best aeras (Greenwich, Soho...)
We got a corner suite in the 9th floor, the view at this level was disappointed (so insist on A LOT to be in an higher floor, it make you the Soho Trump experience amazing) but the suite was very clean and very spacious. It also offers a good quality sleep which is very important in NYC. Also, you have to pay to get the Wifi, comeeeee on Trump we pay quite expensive to get a free wifi !!
The Front desk should be more pampered guests and not forget the special demand.
Congrat to the doormans, housekeepers and room service for their kindness, their avaibility and their professionalism, they'll care of you very carefully.

Room Tip: Be in the uppers floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Was not impressed by the service at all . Valentines weekend with my girl .
#1 ) I specifically requested a good view of the city with no brick wall . Room 2011 gas an ugly view unless you crane your neck left or right.
#2 ordered room service fir romantic dinner got her order completely wrong. She's a vegetarian . So we did not get to dine together . Instead of salt and pepper we had two salt shakers . Small details but they add up.
#3 We asked for more coffee pods from housekeeping they never came. But housekeeping did come by to sell or offer us some bottled water? It cost $12.00 for a 12oz bottle from the mini bar so I was afraid they would charge me . It was just weird.
#4 the rug had an ugly stain
#5we paid 65 bucks for 24 hour car garage Parking . Car came back at checkout covered in snow and ice I don't know how they drove it over from the garage that was three blocks away with ice covering the windows . The staff watched us scraping away . I assume it was not Thier job ?
#6 it became a pattern that whenever we asked anyone from the lobby area a question even simple questions they would not have an answer but would point in the general direction of the concierge desk and say " go ask him" the desk was slays empty .!
I went there hoping for some NY City Trump Magic touch.
I found out that he's only human

• Stayed February 2014
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary.I put this hotel to the test. They went above and beyond what I thought.. everything I asked for They made it happen it happen.. Great Room awesome service Spotless Room
And I mean CLEAN!! The staff was awesome from checking to check out. Gabriella at the front desk awesome five stars for her! Tiffany who helped my husband three weeks prior to our stay five stars for you.(flowers were gorgeous)
Nicole you made our last hour fabulous. I have been to other hotels in NYC.. So Far this is my Favorite. I'm a very picky germ-a-Phob type.. Couldn't find anything to complain about. Except need free Wi-Fi.. I Love this hotel!!
We will definitely be back. Great Job to The Staff

• Stayed February 2014
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Lealoveangel,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am please that we were able to be part of your special celebration, and will share your kind note with the team. We hope to see you again.

Best,
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked and paid for this last September, as a special place to stay whilst visiting New York for the first time.
On arriving the doormen as previously described were excellent, getting our bags out of the cab and showing us to the front desk. Check in staff were friendly and we were duly given our room key.
On getting to the room we were a bit disappointed to be on the 9th floor facing the side of a warehouse ! On our booking form it clearly stated a room with a view of the river or city, so I suppose a warehouse wall is in the city.
The room was equipped with everything you need and a great bar and snack selection, but why charge so much for this stuff, the prices were ridiculous.
Do what we did and empty the fridge and pop to the store a block away and fill it up with your own stuff.
Secondly there is no door for between the bathroom and the bedroom. Now we have been married for 20 yrs, but I would rather not listen to my wife on the toilet !
Also whilst mentioning the toilet, why do they use such cheap toilet paper at this hotel?
Overall I cannot see that this hotel is better than most 4 stars. It is in a good location, but with the subway New York is not that big of a place.
This hotel is a 6/10 in my humble opinion and was the worst of the hotels in our trip to the states, and the most expensive !

Room Tip: Get a room higher than the surrounding buildings and one away from the lifts !
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear mickylove,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the doormen and front desk associates. Rooms booked at our deluxe category and above guarantee unobstructed views from floor-to-ceiling windows, located on floors 20 and above. I am happy to personally discuss your stay with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

Darton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

What a total rip off your hotel is mr trump. You wanted to charge extra for a higher floor despite asking our preference on booking. They pre authorise your card like most hotels but it takes almost 2 months to refund your money. They handle complaints poorly and are very patronising would I use a trump hotel again never. Love NY keep to the Marriott guys

Room Tip: Tell them you have a special birthday you may get a higher floor room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 49leelee
Dear 49leelee,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. Our king rooms and suites are broken into different categories based on floor of the hotel, as detailed at the time of booking. I am available to personally discuss the details of your stay with you at
GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

London
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Do not doubt whether or not you stay here. The Trump Soho is a wonderful hotel. My husband treated me for a special birthday and from check in to check out we had an amazing time. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. To see the skyline from the bath was a real treat - wow, what a view. Shame the bar wasn't open as it was January but there are so many to choose from in the area, it wasn't a big deal. Staff were informative and attentive without being intrusive. They really wanted you to enjoy your stay with them. If I can persuade my husband to return to New York for a 6th time then I will happily return to the Trump Soho.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BSCLondon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased that we were able to take part your birthday celebrations, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bath, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just booked our 3rd stay at Trump SoHo and I cant wait!!

The suites are beautiful and the view is amazing!

The shops are very close by and fantastic places to eat.

A short walk away you will find all NY attractions.

So excited to be coming back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Claire B.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump SoHo again, and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your upcoming visit, and please do not hesitate to reach out if we can assist with any plans.