“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Buffalo, New York
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at the Trump with my husband for business in December. It is a gorgeous hotel and the room was great. We ordered room service one day and the food was great. I was impressed by the room service menu. The front desk staff was very helpful upon check in and check out. We will be returning the next time we are in NY!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear SaraLN527,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for posting the review. I am pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and had the chance to experience our in-room dining menu. I look forward to your return to New York City.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My friends and I had a wonderful weekend stay at Trump SoHo! We stayed in a two-bedroom suite on the 35th floor, which was huge by NYC standards and comfortably accommodated our group. The rooms themselves are very clean and well-decorated (which is saying a lot, as I am a complete germaphobe). Oh yeah, and the views: AMAZING.

Every member of the staff with whom I interacted was gracious and willing to bend over backwards to help us (seriously, everyone--doormen, maid staff, etc.). I was particularly blown away by the front desk staff and Trump Attache staff, who went out of their way to make sure that our weekend was extra special. I honestly cannot recall a more enjoyable hotel experience, and I travel frequently and have stayed in a wide variety of hotels. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SMA12345
Dear SMA12345,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and that our associates were able to make your weekend special. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We visited the Trump for four nights over St Patrick's weekend. The whole experience was fabulous. The staff were all friendly and polite they went the extra mile. The suite on the 37th floor was fantastic with fabulous views of the Empire State Building. Will definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Debrachsloan H,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We are incredibly hard to please, and having travelled an extensive amount, we have come to expect a lot when paying a premium and the Trump delivered on its promise to be a spectacular hotel.

We stayed in an Executive King corner room (floor 41) and had incredible views. We could see downtown / Hudson river from one side and the Empire State and Chrysler building from the other. In all, we were blown away by the view and the room. We were offered a suite (for a small extra fee) but on a lower floor, so we asked to see both rooms first and having seen the view fron the 41st floor we opted for the smaller (but still large for NYC) room.

The room was larger than average, clean and fully equipped with coffee machine, large TV (which unfortunately took up part of the view) and fridge. There was even a small pull out microwave, but we didn't use it.

The bed was amazing. We'd seen some reviews that criticised the beds, but we were in awe of how comfortable it was… it was hard to get out of bed in the mornings!

From the start the service was superb. I had contacted the hotel in advance to order a few surprises for the room for my wife, and was greeted (via e-mail) by Tiffany the Attache who was excellent… I then also contacted the hotel to arrange reservations for dinner at a couple of fine restaurants. They were even able to get us into Jean George (apparently really hard to do). Sean and Michael from the Concierge were extremely helpful and very professional, full of great advice for places to eat. It was great to finally put faces to names when we eventually arrived.

The Welcome/Check-in was great, we were tired from our flight but excited also and the front desk (Gabby) greeting was warm and friendly but also knowledgeable in that they knew we were celebrating a special occasion and had clear visibility of my request for treats for my wife.

We did have one issue while we stayed at the hotel (and not one of the hotel's making). There was a party in the room above us with some very loud people and music playing late at night. We phoned the front desk and complained and they said they would look into it. The music didn't stop after 15mins so I put on some clothes and went to find out what was being done. Upon arriving at the front desk, I was greeted warmly and they listened to my complaint and were shocked that it hadn't been sorted quicker! 15mins later the noise stopped and we were able to go back to sleep - sorted! All in all it was an amazing response by staff to the actions of its guests.

Even more impressive was the follow up the next day when we were asked if we were happy with the solution, and asked to let the front desk know when we returned for the evening so that security could patrol the floor above to ensure that there was no further noise. Safe to say, that a small issue was resolved, and we were able to continue our stay knowing that we would have piece and quiet. Furthermore, upon check out, the manager came to find me and repeated his apologies for the actions of the guests in the room above and hoped that it hadn't tarnished our stay. Little actions like this really don't take much but make all the difference to a guest.

In summary we had a fantastic time, the hotel is simply perfect. One could not ask for any more!! Stay here - you won't regret it!

Tip: If you want a cheap 'American' breakfast, you can take a 2min stroll down the Avenue to a diner called 'Amelia's' that does great breakfast (just not on Sundays)

Room Tip: Defintely splash out for a room as high up as you can for the view. All rooms are much bigger than...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TheLynams,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback about your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the room appointments and service. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our associate team. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel exceeded my expectations and provided a great value. The rooms have nice amenities and the technology is up to date with great workspace if you are traveling on business. If you are looking to stay downtown its a little off the beaten path but walking distance to shopping.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Caroline M,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your downtown NYC stay, including the in-room technology and amenities. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here on March 9th room 4109 for my husbands birthday & we also renewed our vows. The exceeded all my requests to make his birthday & our wedding absolutely beautiful!!The views were impeccable and romantic!! Th staff & service before we even arrived made us feel like royalty! The emails and complimentary service was reassuring but didnt do justice to just what they did for us when we finally arrived! they truly went above & beyond. I cant say it enough that the truly personalized your stay and make it 100 times better.

My only problem was the front desk Vanessa. When we arrived she gave us one look, no hello or hi just 'i'll be with you in a minute'. It caught me off guard esp after all the great customer service before our arrival. Another gentleman saw us and gave us the warmest greet and helped us get check it, He was very good!! I noticed a group of women in fur coats came up behind us and vanessa gave them the warmest greeting I've ever seen. maybe we weren't dressed right. Unfortunately to check out we had to see her again. They added over $300 to our bill for things we didn't get(we weren't even checked in when the items were apparently used) we dropped our things off to the room and went straight to the spa, then the wedding. We tried explaining and she was extremely snapping it really put a damper on our check out. I'm not sure what her problem was.

All in her i wont let one employee spoil our mini staycation and wedding celebration it was truly an amazing experience. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Check your bill before you leave!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear areasontoawake,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience, and that we could be a part of your special day.

I would be to discuss the other aspects of your stay with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Large room, pleasant decor, friendly service, great location, updated 24/7 gym. All the positives from our previous stay, and this time at an attractice rate (for NYC). I would definitely recommend for anyone who likes the lively Soho area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mojo2018babushka
Dear mojo2014samba,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo once again, and for sharing your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.