“Not what I expected”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The best thing this hotel has is the location, other than that its not really good.
The beds didn't let us rest as they are extremely soft and we ended up with a backache. The concierge wanted to charge us 3x the ticket price for a show without telling us, they are supposed to do you a service not trick you.
The water in the shower stays hot for 3 min. And then goes to lukewarm, and the elevators take 10 min. Each time you want to take them.
Definitely not worth what we paid for.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank D_traveller_19
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Dmd719,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry that your stay did not live up your expectations, and I would be happy to personally discuss it with you. I can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The most beautiful way to see my city of New York is to stay in the one bedroom executive suite!!!Ive worked and played many times than I could count in NYC but had never experienced such a wonderful view of this city.It was spectacular and mind blowing!!!The room had a great decor,full mini bar ,1 1/2 bathrooms,3 flat screen high def tv's,comfy bed,tub,bars,pool area,spa,and Koi(restaurant).The first night we ate at koi and it was delicious!!We had the capriccio,lobster salad,and dumplings with about 3 martinis each.The pear martini was tasty!The next day we ordered room service and had burgers and NY pizza!! What a great meal and right on time.I love the Trump hotel in sunny isles Florida so I knew this would be great.No problems at all here. We would be coming back here soon ,that's a promise.

1  Thank TravelWithChrissy

Dear TravelWithChrissy,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and food & beverage offerings. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is by far the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed in. The location was perfect- in the heart of the cafe & shopping scene in New York. The staff are unbelievable & cater to your every need. And the room itself- from Fendi furniture to the Nespresso machine in your room & sweeping views of New York are unparalleled. I would rate everything about this hotel. Stay here! There's nowhere else in New York you'd want to be than Trump Soho.

Dear Devrosilva,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and location, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a week's stay at the Trump Soho. Very glad we picked this over a few of the cheaper hotels in the area. Booked through the hotel and got a great rate. The room was immaculate, view was amazing (we could see the ESB and a few bridges from our room), and the bathroom was huge. The hotel is very close to a subway station which was a big plus.

One thing that stood out was how kid friendly the hotel was. They provided a stroller and a crib free of charge. We had issues with some of the strollers and they replaced them until we got one that worked for us. The staff was also very friendly to my little one and provided her with a little care package with a stuffed animal, coloring book and some crayons.

We skipped the pricey wifi, which seemed to be targeted at business travelers with a corporate expense account. There's a Starbucks across the street with free wifi.

The staff seemed very accommodative and were always polite. Housekeeping had to make a few special stops at our room thanks to my little one and they in no way made us feel like a burden.

Also, if you choose to take private transportation, it seems like the hotel's location makes it very easy to get around without being in the gridlock traffic of midtown. We used a mixture of public and private transportation and the hotel makes both a breeze. Quite a few places to eat within walking distance as well.

Staff, rooms, views, and location make this hotel a winner in my book. Can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank A_Bear_A_Bear
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear A_Bear_A_Bear,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your detailed feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's location, and were able to take advantage of our family-friendly amenities and services.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am fortune enough to have stay at leading hotels around the world for business and pleasure and have a list of favorites in most large cities when in New York The Trump Soho is my favorite home base for both business and pleasure
J:D

Dear JohnDavenprt,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo for your repeat NYC travels, and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that we are your hotel of choice, and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

What a pleasant stay at the trump soho! I was there to celebrate an occasion and was treated like royalty from the moment my taxi pulled up. Michelle was a true stand out. The room was gorgeous (and upgraded), and the in room dining was seriously fantastic. Everyone was kind, cheerful, helpful....I can't recommend this hotel enough!

Dear millicent d,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that we could take part in your special occasion. I will be sure to share your kind words with Michelle and the entire associate team.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel doesn't disappoint, staff are extremely friendly and professional no matter what level of interaction: front desk, housekeeping, and room service. The rooms are modern in appearance with up-to-date amenities and high quality furniture and linen. I stayed for a business meeting and had a great experience - bringing along my family who were able to equally enjoy the amenities while I was at my conference. Only criticism is that the hotel side I was on (East) seemed to be a bit noisy at night given some of the local bars - I could hear noise even up on the 14th floor. On par though, this is a great hotel, I would feel extremely comfortable hosting a business meeting or to stay while on vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mike K,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, from the room amenities to service. I look forward to your return to New York City.