“Great service, location, amenities”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #143 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I, who live in NYC, have stayed here two years in a row -- last year, the night of our wedding (which took place down the street, at City Winery) and this year, for a nostalgic anniversary stay. We've had an amazing experience both times. The folks at check-in could not be nicer or more attentive -- and the champagne in the lobby certainly didn't make me sad -- and all the extras we requested for our room were there when we arrived, ready and waiting. The bed was insanely comfortable, I loved the bathtub-with-a-view, and we enjoyed the room service breakfast we ordered. Plus, it's super-easy to get to and from the hotel, and it's located in close proximity to lots of great places to eat and drink in SoHo, Tribeca, Chelsea and the West Village. Great hotel. Only thing I found hard was figuring out how to turn all the lights on and off. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a river-facing room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear SandraGNYC,

I am so glad to hear that you have had wonderful experiences. Thank you for sharing this with us and choosing Trump SoHo once again. Congratulations on your anniversary - we hope to welcome you back next year!

Andreas Oberoi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,191)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my sister and I had an unbelievable experience.... I had never stayed in a Soho hotel before and it's made me a soho fan.... It's a little pricey but totally worth the experience...!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tracy Y,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience! I am very glad that you and your sister had a nice time. If you are interested in learning more about our Trump Card program where you can receive offers and benefits, please feel free to email me at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com. Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Trump Soho has a great position, at walking distance from the Greenwich, and quite close to a couple of lines of the subway.
The structure is modern, premium and very well mantained.
In general it's very good on many accounts, if you are ready to pay a premium price.
I do not recommend to take rooms below the 20Th floor, otherwise you will probably not enjoy the great view that the hotel might offer.
Wi-fi is available with an extra charge of approx 15 dollars per day.
Be prepared to see room prices changing significantly depending on the very day, as in many other hotels in NY.
The internal restaurant is OK, and in line with the rest of the Hotel, but NY offers countless and more convenient options.
We had a bit of a disappointment with the reaction time of the lift, as often we had to wait for more than 5 minutes in order to get one, and possibly already crowded.
On the other side, people at the reception and at the entrance have been great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear gabriele_palma,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay, but I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with regards to the elevators in our 46 story hotel. Also, please note that complimentary WiFi is available if you book directly on our website. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The room is spaciuous and gracefully decorated, with luxurious accents. The service is perfect.
I loved the Nespresso coffee maker in the room. The Soho location is very convenient when you want to shop around, have lunch at Ladurée, Balthazar or Cipriani.
A fabulous stay!

Room Tip: Register at Trump hotels website to get special deals.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank MoJ4

Dear MoJ4,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that the service and location were to your liking. Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The food SUCKS, the people at guest services are snobby and unattentive, the lights in the $1,500 SUITE hardly work, neither does the TV. There has been construction going on all around us in the building that we were not warned of, so we hear loud pounding and drilling ALL DAY EVERY DAY. We have ordered room service 5 times and we have yet to receive an order that is correct. On my birthday, my husband tried sending flowers, bubble bath, and cupcakes, and was charged $250 and I received 2 mini cupcakes, no flowers, no bubble bath, and no note. THIS PLACE IS A SORRY EXCUSE FOR A 5 STAR HOTEL!!!!!! NEVER EVER EVER STAYING HERE AGAIN!!!! I SUGGEST YOU DON'T EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Ansley M
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Ansley M,

I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations, which should have been a memorable stay. I have briefly looked into this matter and I do show some discrepancies that we have logged in particular to the amenities. I would like to find out what happened exactly and I am available to personally discuss this with you. I can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212.842.5527.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was my second stay at the Trump SoHo and both visits were very nice. I let the attache' know that I was looking for a quiet room, and she was able to accommodate me without any problem (see photo). I got engaged on my last trip, and the staff was very attentive without being intrusive.

Many hotels in the city seem to give off a faux luxury vibe, but this place is very straightforward. You get excellent views, and of course you're in SoHo, so there are tons of places to eat (hit up The Dutch if you can).

Long story short, a great hotel for for a variety of people, whether it's business or casual.

Room Tip: While it's worth spending a little extra for the higher floors, anything with a "city view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pzdk
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear pzdk,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the hotel's amenities, including our attache department. Congratulations on your engagement, hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your fiance back soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The staff was amazing and super friendly , from the doorman to the reception to the cleaning staff.
they went out of their way to help me with the smallest things
The view from the room is spectacular
The bed was great I fell a sleep under 5 min
The entire stay was great more then I hoped for, looking forward to staying there again

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Nittaah

Dear Nittaah,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience, from the encounters with the staff members to the comfort of the bed. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!