“Pleasant business home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #120 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Pleasant business home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The 23rd floor of the Trump Soho was my home for 2 weeks. I found the elevators increasingly slow, so much so I dared take the stairs twice up 23 flights (yes I arrived later than had I waited for the elevator) but it bordered on obscene. The hotel overall is very good and the attention to detail is really great.

Room Tip: North side rooms on the higher floors have the best views. South side is fine for views of Jersey...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank J T
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear J T,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay but I apologize that your expectations were not fully met. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great part of Soho. Great staff who were really attentive during my stay. The rooms are well equipped but be aware rooms on the lower floors can be really,really noisy. Ask for a room above floor 15 for slightly less noise. I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness of the public washrooms which seemed to be dirt most of the time I was at the hotel. That said I would stay here again

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear road noise ask for a room on a very high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KDD03
Dear Karen D,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with regards to the restrooms - I will certainly bring this to my team's attention. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Whenever my husband and I want a quick get-away to the city we always choose the Trump Soho. From the minute you arrive, the service is excellent. I always find the doormen and front desk personnel to be very professional and friendly. The hotel is sleek and beautiful. The beds are super comfortable - in fact, I would love to buy the pillows for our bed at home! And, the views from our room are always amazing. I also love the location. It is great to be able to walk around Soho with so many stores and restaurants to visit. I am looking forward to visiting this summer to enjoy the outdoor bar.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Travelingtwins04,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo for your "stay-cation"! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. If you would like information about purchasing pillows or beds, please feel free to reach out to me at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com and I would be happy to send you the details. We are looking forward to welcoming you back this summer!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We've stayed here a few times now and it is, in short, amazing. Be warned, it is not cheap. Expensive, in fact, but..c'mon...it's Trump SoHo.
Getting there is what it is (we flew in to JFK and the price is set at $52.50) and the view on the way in is great for those of us in love with the skyline.
Checkin is simple and the staff are consistently fantastic. For three of our stays we have arrived early (mid-AM) and they have been incredibly accommodating with an early checkin.

ROOM
The most recent leg saw us upgraded to a corner room on the 30something floor looking over Tribeca and downtown which was fantastic. The bathroom, in this floor plan, is behind a door and it feels more like a small 1BR than a studio which was nice. You do need to pay for the higher floors but I think it's definitely worth the cost - my preference from what we've experienced is the north east side of the building looking back uptown. It's an incredible view and really does remind you that you're in NYC.
The beds have to be experienced...they are so incredibly comfortable it's other-worldly.
Nespresso machine in each room (which is better than pretty much any coffee you'll find in NYC..ick) which is nice for an espresso or two looking over the city before you head out.
AMENITIES
Trump SoHo is missing a bar with a vibe. Koi is only open certain hours, and the bar is tiny, and the pool level also has a bar but it lacks ambience. But if you're looking for an NYC bar experience, you have countless options near and far so leave the hotel!
We have used the pool in summer and it's great. Get there early if you want a couch (you need to put your name down) as the space is limited, but noone had any trouble sitting somewhere to enjoy the summer-poolside-vibe.
FOOD
The food at Koi is excellent and the service is fine. The potstickers are fantastic and there's a reasonable variety on the menu so, if you're a fan of Japanese-inlufenced food, you're in for a treat.
Our package included a room service credit, so we enjoyed room service twice. The dinner was great (Chicken Tikka Masala) - although not as spicy as you would hope - and breakfast the first time was great. The second...not great... Different prep and plating for the omelette and messed up the order completely. Replaced it incorrectly after a call, so ended up eating half as we ran out of time on checkout. Not the end of the world, but surprising. My feeling was it was a one-off and things went off the rails a little.

ISSUES?
Four stays now and it's definitely not been without issue, but these things are to be expected in any hotel and I judge a business on its ability to resolve the problem and adequately compensate should it be particularly painful.
A few bugbears tho...:
• I'm not a fan of no door on a bathroom - which, if they aren't already, architects from the early 2000s should be slapping themselves in the head for such an idiotic decision - but the fittings etc are fantastic.
• Noone should be paying $15/day for in-room internet these days, certainly not in the US and certainly not at these room prices.
• The lifts can take a LONG time...not sure why, but they only seem to operate 1-2 at a time and you can wait a couple of minutes to get anywhere

OVERALL
Staying at Trump is like the first time you fly business class...so fantastic that every time you imagine going back to economy, you shudder ;) The little niggles are easily overshadowed by everything else. So treat yourself to this amazing hotel and enjoy the location, the staff and everything incredible that it has to offer.

Room Tip: Stay on the north east side of the building up as high as you can. And brace yourself as you become...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PoolBarPlease
Dear PoolBarPlease,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing this great feedback! I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed every stay here and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Amherst, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I brought my daughter and her 11 year old cousin to NYC to celebrate my daughter's 9th birthday. We booked the Trump Soho for the location and because they participate with AMEX Fine Hotel and Resorts program. From the moment we arrived our car was meet by a most courteous doorman, who then remembered my name and where I was from for the next three days. The check in staff was friendly and efficient, and nicely up graded us to a one bedroom suite. Another bonus was that I had signed the girls up for the Trump Young Entrepreneurs program so the girls were presented with baseball hats, stuff animal and a free in room movie coupon (sadly unused as the movie selection was poor).

Our room was quite nice with numerous amenities and very comfortable beds. That afternoon the girls were brought a little plate with some mini cupcakes and milk, and as if that weren't enough that evening they received a tray with microwave popcorn, soda and more candy than I would let them have!

On the second day we tried the fitness center which while not large had good equipment. My daughter also had a pedicure at the spa given by an absolutely lovely women.

Overall, other than some problems with room service at breakfast, I would say that the hotel is well worth the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kirsten v
Dear kirsten v,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo for your daughter's birthday celebration! I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and extra amenities, but I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at breakfast. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!

Kind Regards,
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my first time staying at the Trump Soho Hotel. I've stayed previously at Trump International by Central Park so had very high expectations for this property as well. I could not have been more pleased with my stay. When we arrived we were offered water and a warm scented cloth to freshen up with. We then checked in and were promptly greeted by the head of guest relations. Our room was beautifully appointed and had everything we needed and then some. It was simply the best shower I have ever been in at any hotel. We had drinks at Koi Lounge one evening and Eddie the bartender was outstanding. David the bellman was fantastic and very helpful as well. Our room was on the 10th floor so I would request a higher floor in the future for the views. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor for great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear J H,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I will definitely pass on your kind words to the rest of the team. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Trump SoHo soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you like shopping at boutique stores - this is the place to stay. So close to great shopping, Little Italy and China town. Eating and shopping couldn't be better. The views at the hotel are just wonderful. Request a higher floor - it is most definitely worth it. Design of the rooms was very nice. Bed was super comfortable. It is pricey but for a nice getaway it is worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Rhonda S,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the great location. We hope to welcome you back again!