“Just fantastic!”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great great great!!! We had a wonderful stay at the Trump SoHo! From the very beginning we felt so special and unique! Angelina at the check in was the sweetest person. Our room on the 38 th floor had the geratest view! Rooms are spacious, chic and comfortable. The area is just nice, you can walk, take the metro or even a bike to discover Manhattan!

Room Tip: Choose a higher room! Great view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeLu2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,157)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

What a great location on spring street to access all the shops and restaurants in soho. Rooms are well furnished and finished. The pool was an excellent retreat from the shopping and it was strictly manged for residents only which ensured there was always somewhere to sit. Will be my regular for new York trips.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Got a spacious corner-room with nice interior and great view over Empire state building and Freedom tower from 32nd floor. Child friendly hotel with stroller, crib, high chair, microwave, refrigerator, bathtub and a nice pool. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is in a great area with lots of god shopping in soho and close to nice playgrounds for kids. Can´t wait to return.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for the great view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights over Memorial weekend as part of a trip to NYC, reminiscing and catching up with old friends as I used to live there. From the moment I checked into this hotel, sadly, the door staff and the check in staff were all very unhelpful, and, the latter, bordering on unfriendly and curt at times. I had arrived 2 hours after check in time opened, and was told I'd have another hour to wait until I could get into my room. It was now getting close to dinner time, and I had to grab a shower and head out to meet friends. That's what I was paying for, right? Plus, I was thirsty and starting to get hungry having carried luggage to the hotel. So I said I'd go to the pool bar and grab something to drink / a snack whilst I waited. No offer to pay for that, just, would you like a bottle of water? No, my friend and I want a cold, read drink an snack I thought, anyway... I just asked if they would place our bags into a hold, rather than being in the middle of the lobby as I would not be present to look after them. They said they would call a doorman to do that. Thankfully, I just suspected that this may not happen and I was anxious with my shopping bags not to leave them, so I took them to the pool bar with me, leaving my luggage for the doormen to put away. 1 hour later I came back to reception to see my luggage in exactly the same place I had left it - nobody had bothered to touch it, especially not the doormen as promised, and I was told that my room was still being cleaned. How long can any room take? 15 more mins. Well - you get the drift...it was another 10, and another etc, then it was being checked! yada yada, Until I gave up and the receptionist just came over to say when it was ready. It was unbelievable!!! I am now already rerunning late for dinner, have not had a shower and am really annoyed. The receptionist just said that they would comp by WIFI for the trouble. And would I like a bottle of water? Agh, is that all they can do? I think my time is more valuable than that! No, thanks, I'm good for water!
So, I grabbed my own bags and ran to my room. And yes - the lifts are REALLY slow. One is always out, so there is basically 3 for a 40+ story building. One finally in my room, it was nice, the bed was super comfortable, it was spacious by NYC standards and the view was excellent. But seriously, the attitude of much of the front of house staff needs to be sorted out. The cleaners and a maintenance man I spoke to were both lovely though, so it is not everyone, I do want to say. Also, the hotel is in a great spot, down in Soho, so great for shopping, bars and restaurants. The pool area is nice too, not huge, and it doesn't have a view, but it's nice to have in the city. Ok - then comes check out, and, of course, the receptionist has an attitude. I wasn't asked if if had a good stay like I could hear the others checking out around me. Almost as though they knew there had been the issue at check in. They print off the invoice, and guess what? My complimentary WIFI was not on there - of course!! I'd been charged. Despite waiting for hours to get into my room at the start of my stay... I was quick to pull them up on that and it was taken off, but seriously. Had I not checked? So - do check your bill.
I'd like to think I was unlucky, but I see a few common themes across a few other peoples reviews. The hotel has a lot of great potential, but also has a lot of work to do...

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views - just be ready to wait for those elevators Both aspects are great, e...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Legs26
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Legs26,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations and I will certainly share this with the front office team. I would be happy to personally discuss this with you, and I can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212.842.5527.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Tobi is a big fan of the Donald, that is why we trusted this brand/name and booked this hotel. OMG what a disappointment! Sure the view was great from the high floor we got, however we first had to be lucky that an elevator stopped at either the lobby or our floor. Next the room: small room (compared to other nyc venues) and very very sticky air. We almost couldnt breath at night - even though the air was on... For that price (expensive) you can definitely find other better hotels in nyc. We would not return to this place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Breakaway T

Dear Breakaway T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations, and I would be happy to personally discuss it with you. I can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212.842.5527.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This very nice hotel offers the best views imaginable of New York City. Location is good and you have walking distance to a lot of shopping and restaurants in Soho. Nice spa and pool area. The rooftop pool was a very nice hangout during our stay. Perfect for Business trips or romantic weekends.

Room Tip: Be sure go get a room facing uptown.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Mrmbr,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and took advantage of the wonderful location and spent some time at the pool. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

if you want to a place to stay that is impecable from the service to the bedding. This place is for you. It is away from the larger tourist attraction. If you love walking around soho, shopping while sipping a coffee. This place is for you.

only down side - wifi is not free.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Janner519,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the service was to your liking. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Kind Regards,