“Excellent service and superb location”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #126 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent service and superb location”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Best two nights I've spent in a hotel. I had the corner suite at the 29th floor and the view was spectacular. Gabrielle at the front desk was a delight, I room dining superb and overall service was excellent. I went to sleep smiling and woke up smiling and I kept on smiling all the way trough breakfast and spa treatments. This experience is worth every cent.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Gun S,

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo very soon!

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in late Winter, while spending some together time in the city we love. We stay in NYC once a twice a year and have tried a variety of hotels - everything from small boutique hotels to large chains. We decided to try a Trump property as we'd heard a lot about this hotel. We were disappointed with the overall environment and functionality of our room.

We were on a floor with a view, and while the view was OK I'm not sure it was worth paying extra for. The room was nice, but suffered from some design flaws. First, the bathroom has no door. The toilet is in a stall in the bathroom but the stall door does not go all the way to the floor. It made for some awkward moments using the toilet when we had a friend in the room. I was also caught off guard when I stepped out of the shower and discovered my husband had let the room service man in to deliver breakfast. The water in the bathroom sink had temperature problems - really hot or really cold. The shower water temp varied greatly as you were taking a shower. That was fun. One day we came back to our room and the room had been serviced but there was no toilet paper. I know mistakes like this happen, but I don't expect them when I'm paying so much for a room.

As for housekeeping, they were in and out of the rooms on our floor and in and out of the housekeeping closet/room (which was right near our room) for many hours every morning, and every time they left a room the door slammed. I was trying to sleep late and it was impossible as I heard the constant slamming of doors. I also couldn't sleep late another morning as they were testing the fire alarm system for what seemed like hours. I understand that they need to do this, but maybe the afternoon would have been a better time?

We went to the spa one morning, expecting a relaxing experience and it was anything but. The spa has the same problem, with doors slamming as you're being massaged. The massage was OK but not worth the price. The facility was disappointing. They really promote the spa as being world-class, but I've been in much nicer facilities. One of the reasons we went to the spa was so my husband could take a steam shower but the steam wasn't hot enough. None of the employees seemed surprised by this or apologetic about it, even when we mentioned it when we checked out of the spa. The towels in the spa were small and thin and there were no washcloths. This seemed like an odd thing to skimp on.

The elevators were having problems while we were there and it took forever to get an elevator and get to our room. That was very frustrating as we came back one night to a line of people waiting to use the elevator. Again, there was no explanation or apology from the staff.

The location of the hotel was good; within walking distance of lots of shops and restaurants. It could be difficult to get a cab sometimes but this is NY. We used uber a lot to get where we wanted to go. The doorman and front desk personnel were friendly and efficient without being stuck up (I really appreciate that). It wasn't too noisy at night (or even during the day).

I really expected better from this property - I expected peace and quiet, I expected things to work properly, and I expected a much better spa experience. And if things weren't working properly I expected an apology. We won't be staying here again nor will I recommend it to my friends. Unfortunately, this has soured me on wanting to try any other Trump properties too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Laura A
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Laura A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay last winter did not live up to your expectations. I would be happy to personally discuss it with you - I can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Trump SoHo. It is well located in Soho close to the subway and many great eateries.

We have stayed at the Trump Waikiki on several occasions and this hotel is just as good if not better than the one in Waikiki.

The hotel is tastefully decorated & we ordered room service several times and the food was the best we have ever had when ordering room service.

The staff were all very nice, particularly the housekeeping staff on the 12th floor.

We will definitely stay at the Trump Soho on our next visit to New York.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sydneyside
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Sydneyside,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the in-room dining food and took advantage of the great location. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Montreal
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Trump SoHo is in an excellent location within walking distance or a short cab ride away from shops and restaurants. The service here was exceptional, the rooms are nice, and the spa is excellent (ask for Courtney if you want a massage). In fact, the staff are the ones who make the experience such a good one. The only complaint we had was about breakfast at Koi which was well below standard and nothing at all like the breakfast experience at the Trump Chicago (in terms of service, selection and quality of food and preparation). But this is not a reason to stay elsewhere since there are several nearby places where one can enjoy a really delicious breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor if possible - if only because the views are nicer
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank t-montreal
Dear t-montreal,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the service was to your liking. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2014

WE had checked into a nearby hotel where the room was the size of a closet and, in fact, it had no closet. We immediately checked out and, in despair, thought we were not going to find a hotel room on such short notice, 1 hour. We walked into the Trump Soho and the staff was immediately helpful at our plight. They stored our luggage and said they would call when a room opened up. Had a drink at their pool and in no time a room became available on a very high floor overlooking the Hudson River to Jersey and south toward the highlands in NJ over Wall Street. OK, it's expensive, but it is truly a big deal well worth the expense. Watching the river traffic in the mornings is worth the price of admission.

Room Tip: The bar tenders at the bar just off the lobby are wonderful at cocktail time. Also, don't overl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BayHeadTravelinBear
Dear BayHeadTravelinBear,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the views from the hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo the next time that you come into the city!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The position of this hotel is perfect, which is why I think many people stay there. The rooms in terms of decor and style are very average. The price without breakfast is a little high. The most outstanding feature is the excellent service in all dpeartments.

Room Tip: make sure you get one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear hoteljunkie273,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's location and service. We do hope to welcome you back again soon!

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Location and service is fantastic. Stayed for 6 nights, upgraded for the last night, both rooms were amazing with views to die for!!! Room service is a must ... Too tired to go out after a day in the city. An amazing deli around the corner to get breakfast. I really can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Chipdog1,

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful feedback! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo very soon!