“Beautiful views and spacious rooms”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #143 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've stayed here twice for business trips and both times had excellent stays. The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are also large and quite luxe. There is a very large desk to spread out on if you need to do work in the room. My room had beautiful views of the city, because the building is so much higher than the buildings around it. If you have vertigo you may want to request a lower floor because the floor-to-ceiling windows really are dramatic! Check-in/check-out were very smooth. Breakfast at the restaurant was just OK- its worth it to find other options in the neighborhood.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,193)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the hotel itself, the staff, the swimming pool area, the room and the view from it, everything was just perfect ! I just felt like home. I had a wonderful stay. It may be pricey but it worth it. I just found my new home while staying in NYC.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a very modern, stylish hotel. Check in was good, we got upgraded to a suite. It was very spacious with beautiful furniture, just amazing. The views of Manhattan and the Hudson River were magnificent by day & night. The Spa was just fabulous, I felt extremely relaxed and rejuvenated after a treatment there. We had breakfast in room and at the restaurant downstairs, I thoroughly enjoyed both. Although freezing, it was amazing being able to explore Soho on foot. There are amazing stores and restaurants there. The hotel is located close to the subway which makes travel uptown and downtown very easy. We felt at home at Trump Soho, and I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Hwak89,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to visit the spa as well. We hope to see you at Trump SoHo again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Best two nights I've spent in a hotel. I had the corner suite at the 29th floor and the view was spectacular. Gabrielle at the front desk was a delight, I room dining superb and overall service was excellent. I went to sleep smiling and woke up smiling and I kept on smiling all the way trough breakfast and spa treatments. This experience is worth every cent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Gun S,

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo very soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in late Winter, while spending some together time in the city we love. We stay in NYC once a twice a year and have tried a variety of hotels - everything from small boutique hotels to large chains. We decided to try a Trump property as we'd heard a lot about this hotel. We were disappointed with the overall environment and functionality of our room.

We were on a floor with a view, and while the view was OK I'm not sure it was worth paying extra for. The room was nice, but suffered from some design flaws. First, the bathroom has no door. The toilet is in a stall in the bathroom but the stall door does not go all the way to the floor. It made for some awkward moments using the toilet when we had a friend in the room. I was also caught off guard when I stepped out of the shower and discovered my husband had let the room service man in to deliver breakfast. The water in the bathroom sink had temperature problems - really hot or really cold. The shower water temp varied greatly as you were taking a shower. That was fun. One day we came back to our room and the room had been serviced but there was no toilet paper. I know mistakes like this happen, but I don't expect them when I'm paying so much for a room.

As for housekeeping, they were in and out of the rooms on our floor and in and out of the housekeeping closet/room (which was right near our room) for many hours every morning, and every time they left a room the door slammed. I was trying to sleep late and it was impossible as I heard the constant slamming of doors. I also couldn't sleep late another morning as they were testing the fire alarm system for what seemed like hours. I understand that they need to do this, but maybe the afternoon would have been a better time?

We went to the spa one morning, expecting a relaxing experience and it was anything but. The spa has the same problem, with doors slamming as you're being massaged. The massage was OK but not worth the price. The facility was disappointing. They really promote the spa as being world-class, but I've been in much nicer facilities. One of the reasons we went to the spa was so my husband could take a steam shower but the steam wasn't hot enough. None of the employees seemed surprised by this or apologetic about it, even when we mentioned it when we checked out of the spa. The towels in the spa were small and thin and there were no washcloths. This seemed like an odd thing to skimp on.

The elevators were having problems while we were there and it took forever to get an elevator and get to our room. That was very frustrating as we came back one night to a line of people waiting to use the elevator. Again, there was no explanation or apology from the staff.

The location of the hotel was good; within walking distance of lots of shops and restaurants. It could be difficult to get a cab sometimes but this is NY. We used uber a lot to get where we wanted to go. The doorman and front desk personnel were friendly and efficient without being stuck up (I really appreciate that). It wasn't too noisy at night (or even during the day).

I really expected better from this property - I expected peace and quiet, I expected things to work properly, and I expected a much better spa experience. And if things weren't working properly I expected an apology. We won't be staying here again nor will I recommend it to my friends. Unfortunately, this has soured me on wanting to try any other Trump properties too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura A
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Laura A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay last winter did not live up to your expectations. I would be happy to personally discuss it with you - I can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Trump SoHo. It is well located in Soho close to the subway and many great eateries.

We have stayed at the Trump Waikiki on several occasions and this hotel is just as good if not better than the one in Waikiki.

The hotel is tastefully decorated & we ordered room service several times and the food was the best we have ever had when ordering room service.

The staff were all very nice, particularly the housekeeping staff on the 12th floor.

We will definitely stay at the Trump Soho on our next visit to New York.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sydneyside
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Sydneyside,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the in-room dining food and took advantage of the great location. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Trump SoHo is in an excellent location within walking distance or a short cab ride away from shops and restaurants. The service here was exceptional, the rooms are nice, and the spa is excellent (ask for Courtney if you want a massage). In fact, the staff are the ones who make the experience such a good one. The only complaint we had was about breakfast at Koi which was well below standard and nothing at all like the breakfast experience at the Trump Chicago (in terms of service, selection and quality of food and preparation). But this is not a reason to stay elsewhere since there are several nearby places where one can enjoy a really delicious breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor if possible - if only because the views are nicer