“Nice Anniversary Getaway”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #142 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We've been to NYC on many occasions and decided to stay at Trump Soho. I wanted to be pampered and experience great service for this trip. And I was not disappointed in the Trump Soho. Very pleasant check-in staff, the door men were friendly and helpful. I rate hotels on their cleanliness as the highest level when I travel. And the rooms were very clean. The bathroom can use new caulking in the shower...but no big deal. I was able to comfortably relax in this space.

I reserved rose petal turn down service and chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered at the same time. The strawberries arrived hours before the turn down...but again no deal, each service was still really nice.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. One thing I would suggest is do a little research before you start off walking in the Soho area. There's so much that can occupy your time. It would have helped me to know in advance what shops and little Cafes I wanted to visit.

Room Tip: High floors
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,193)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently stayed here with some family members (we had 3 rooms) and had a wonderful experience. The staff was exceedingly courteous and helpful, rooms were spacious and comfortable. Check in went smoothly and we were greeted with warm towels and water. The concierge was able to help us find wonderful restaurants nearby, and also printed our theater tickets for us. The area is convenient to great shopping, plus walking distance to the Freedom Tower. This is definitely my new favorite hotel! (didn't hurt that we saw Jessica Alba, and Ashley Greene while we were there)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Good location with very luxurious, comfortable rooms. Had a 1 bdrm suite on the 34th floor with huge view over the Hudson across to huge slice of Jersey. Great natural light, sophisticated but easy to work electronics, very comfortable luxurious bathrooms. Bonus- there is a small pool on the 7th floor. Concierges are not the most sophisticated in NY, but I just do some of the research on my own to make up for it. They gave us a generous upgrade for being returning guests which was much appreciated. Tons of celebs - I have seen actors, musicians and athletes at TS as well as lots of paparazzi. Great doormen. This is my uncontested Manhattan favorite.

Room Tip: ask for high floor facing west
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel quite often. The rooms and views are great - we usually get a high floor corner suite with amazing views.

The bfast downstairs is pretty lame. The menu is limited and the staff consistently mix up orders. I now opt for Starbucks across the street or the gourmet deli just a block north.

Room service menu is expensive but the good is very good.

Service at the pool area is very slow.

The gym is nice but there are no fans for the exercise bikes or treadmills so it's a bit of a disgusting sweat fest. Also, there is no restroom at the gym so one has to return to her room - a major inconvenience given the elevator situation.

They blew it with the elevators. There are constantly elevators out of service and the waits at busy times can be almost 10mns!!

I always here people grumbling about this and the staff all nod in agreement.

The nespresso. Machines in the room are a great touch.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ridley E
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Ridley E,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry to hear that we didn't quite meet your expectations. Please note that our elevators were undergoing maintenance during your stay. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,
Andreas Oberoi

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Having been in a variety of (most of the times presumed) luxury hotels, I was curious about the Trump Soho which is, without any doubt, among the best in town. Being a new building, it doesn't suffer from the first two problems (in my opinion) of most Manhattan's old-school hotels, which are thermal insulation and noise. This said, the property is effortlessly elegant (sometimes unusual for the Trump trademark which is, needless to say, most of the times, loud!). Service is attentive (altho not always super effective: had to wait almost forty minutes to get someone to help me with my bags on the way out) and friendly. Spacious, efficient and well insulated rooms with dramatic views over the city (expecially from high floors). Room service is to die for (my in-room breakfast was actually better than the one I had served in the main restaurant). Good (altho pretty small) gym. Well crafted cocktails at the bar. Very few and little cons: slow elevators and frigid AC in restaurant, which can be annoying in the morning, during breakfast (good by the way).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A slice of luxury in an urban area. Modern decor, hi-tech room. Convenient to Soho, the Village, Chinatown, and Little Italy. Close to art galleries, lively popular restaurants, Washington Square park.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just spent four days here on business. Used to stay at the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park or the London in Midtown, but found that the former lacked a lot of neighborhood options for eating/entertainment, while the latter was too far away from the federal courts at Foley Square. A friend recommended the Trump SoHo, and I'm glad he did: smack in the heart of SoHo, plenty of restaurants and clubs in SoHo and Tribeca within walking distance, and (depending upon your room location) stunning views from your room. (I had a corner suite on the 22nd floor, which provided great views of lower Manhattan and the Hudson.) Service was impeccable, from the front door to the front desk to the housekeeping service. Smiles all around from the stafff -- and they didn't seem forced. A great spot for people-watching, too; seemed like the guests were mostly sharp-dressed Europeans and willowy models. You might see some paparazzi camped out near the front door at times; last group was there to catch snaps of one of our American actresses. (I asked.) At night, my friends and I would head out into SoHo or Tribeca for some tasty meals, followed by musical entertainment at one of the many Greenwich Village clubs -- and all of this within walking distance of the Trump. In sum, whatever your opinion of "The Donald," this place boasting his name provided a great hotel in the heart of lower Manhattan.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing south and west; you'll get great nighttime views of One World Trade...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business