“UNREAL SERVICE”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #126 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We went for my wife's 30th birthday and we had never stayed at a Trump hotel. Been to several Ritz Carlton's, JW's etc. We have never received service like this. I was contacted by the attaché, Michelle, before my stay. I let her know that it was my wife's 30th and she went way above and beyond for us. She was able to get us the perfect room and when we arrived have my wife a bday gift on behalf of Trump Soho. She also knew that this was my wife's first time away from our 10 month old and Michelle had a picture printed off of her and put it in a frame by our bed. Like I said, way above and beyond.

The room was fantastic and our stay was just great. The hotel also recommended a great restaurant for us that was booked...but they were able to get us a reservation anyway. If you want to goto New York and do it the right way stay here. It's perfect.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here with my six year old son for a week this summer. The room was beautiful with a separate sitting room and gorgeous views of the river. Everything is quite high tech, which sometimes made it a little difficult to figure out which switch went to which light/drape. Room service was fine, though nothing spectacular -- and unfortunately, they did not come back from the cart when we were done eating after I called, so we ended up with the cart in our room the entire night. The pool and deck provided a nice respite after a day of city walking, though it would have been nice if we were able to use the pool after 7 pm. The location is fantastic -- so many fun downtown things within just a few blocks. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jules330
TrumpNYCSoHo, Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear jules330,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, and took advantage of our location and pool. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

It's a great hotel and have taken the suite we probably had a better sized room.. Toiletries are good and all is super comfortable. But that's not the soho location as Mercer is and probably a little bit off the main stuff. Ok it's spring street ok it's a few blocks away from soho, but to actually give it it's name and having people come out to a totally industrial area at night. Is probably wrong. Breakfast in the hotel is super expensive, and the lines near the elevator makes you wonder if the hotel is hosting conventions. Concierge not going out of their way.
The great looking interior does not cover up for the vices.
not much to say...skip...!

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank YAELMOSES
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The service by everyone we encountered was excellent and a primary reason why we would return to stay at the hotel. The rooms were also beautifully decorated and laid out well. We found the receptionist and the doorman to be particularly friendly and helpful.

We also enjoyed a fantastic view from our room and it was very comfortable and relaxing. It was a fantastic location and the beds were ultra comfortable. The rooms were kept clean and the amenities were great, the bathtub was fantastic and welcoming. The bathroom was lovely and well appointed.

Room Tip: Our room was great on the 29th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cynthia T,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback! I am so glad to hear that the service and location was to your liking. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the front office team.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Trump SoHo is definitely the place to stay in New York City, the location is unparalleled, the hotel is ultra chic, the rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, and the bed linens and pillows are so soft and comfortable that upon arriving home I ordered a set for my home.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, always greet you with a big smile, the room service is fabulous, and if you want the ultimate spa experience treat yourself to the Turkish Hammam. It was out of this world amazing! as good as the ones I've tried in Istanbul.
I've stayed at Trump SoHo three times and plan to continue staying there every time I visit NYC. Simply the best!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elle R

Dear Elle R,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback! I am so happy to hear that Trump SoHo will be your home away from home and that you've continuously enjoyed our service and amenities. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

surprise birthday treat for partner. hotel and surroundings amazing. did feel out of it a bit in that the staff did not give too much information about facilities available to us during our stay and were made to feel a bit like we were not good enough to be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolineg205
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Carolineg205,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I would be happy to discuss it with you and can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com

Andreas Oberoi

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Possibly the most trendy and hip hotel I have ever stayed at. Everything seemed thought trough, from the lobby to the paintings in the room to the curtains. All was very pleasing to the eye, and the rooms were huge with great window panorama, soft beds and wonderful bath tub. It was, unlike many hotels, furnished with a sitting group so one could relax without sitting in the bed. I did not try the breakfast, but was relaxing for hours by the pool (which is small, but really aesthetic) and had a wonderful massage at the hotel's spa. The staff, especially the door men, were very friendly and helpful with recommending shows, restaurants etc. The room service was however a disappointment, and we had to wait for over an hour for a plain pizza and when it finally came it was the wrong type. When we tried to re-arrange, it took an incredibly long time before they came back. Being a rather expensive hotel, this should not occur. But all in all, a wonderful stay at the Trump Soho.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Utan_namn,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience! I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, but I will be sure to express your concerns to in-room dining. Your feedback is much appreciated and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.