“SoHo SoGood” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #120 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chorley
“SoHo SoGood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

This was our first time in New York and what a fantastic time we had, the hotel is elegant and minimal. The pool and gym area was not open, but we were not there to relax but to shop and sight see. Trump SoHo is very close to the subway, which takes you Uptown and to the Meatpacking District, the doormen are very helpful with directions and in hailing you a cab (remember to tip).

There are some great vintage shops near the hotel, if you are in fashion and like to be an individual.

Jennifer, the concierge at Trump Soho, is wonderful, not only did she recommend a wonderful Italian restaurant (Giorgione) to go to, she even booked us a table on the same night as per our request, very short notice! and we bumped into a Desperate Housewives celebrity. This is how good Jennifer is, she even got us a table at Buddakhan, the hippest Pan Asian restaurant in the Meatpacking District on a Friday night. This restaurant is featured in the first "Sex and the City" film, (SJP's pre wedding dinner). After we had been to dinner, Jennifer would always make a point to ask us if we enjoyed ourselves and made us so welcome.

The Taschen's Library is great in the evening relaxing with a cocktail or a glass of wine, flicking through the pages and chilling to the music

We had a view of the Empire State Building from our room and the deep bath for two was romantic, double basin and a shower to die for. The room itself had some great little touches, like a Nespresso machine to make coffee, Ipod dock/radio and television in bathroom. Lack of storage in the way of wardrobe space but plenty of drawers to store clothes. Very luxurious room, so don't listen to all the negative comments. We were breath taken. The bed was so comfortable, like a giant marshmallow. We both slept very well. Would have loved to spend more time in the hotel, but we were too busy exploring NYC. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to stay in modern minimal, luxurious hotels. This is amazing. It really made our holiday.

When there, we would recommend the helicopter trip and the sex and the city tour (great to get your bearings around New York). Other must do's include Central Park, Ground Zero and the Meatpacking District (for the designer shops).

All in all we had a fantastic first trip and hopefully not our last. Thank you to everyone at the Trump Soho in making our first stay in New York awesome!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 9 July 2010
Dear Richard and Lisa,

What a great New York City experience you had! It seems as though your first time was well spent and I am happy that we provided a comfortable and welcoming environment at the end of your days.

Thank you for your kind words regarding Concierge, I will let Jenifer know that you were very happy with her friendliness and insider knowledge!

Please consider us for your next trip to New York and hope to see you soon.

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

I just returned from a one night stay at the new Trump Soho hotel. The experience was phenomenal from check-in to check-out. I was greeted by a lovely concierge who offered me a refreshment towel (nice touch!) and asked if I needed any reservations or arrangements during my stay. I told her it was my boyfriend's birthday and she immediately asked for his name and told me the hotel would send up a gift (a bottle of champagne, as it turned out). Again, very nice touch. I reserved a "deluxe" king, which is a 400+ square foot bedroom with a huge low rise bed, magnificent tufted leather headboard, seating area, 42 inch flat screen, electronic window shade, light, and TV command, Nespresso machine, and a microwave. The bathroom was huge, with a full view uptown including the Empire State Building, which could be seen from the window adjacent bathtub. A separate shower stall with excellent pressure, his and hers sink areas, and more. The hotel restaurant, Quattro Gastronomia, has impeccable service, a beautiful dining room, and memorable food. The pool and gym were not yet ready (the hotel opened in April), but the experience promises to be in line with the rest of the property. The lobby area is peaceful and a large sitting area is also found on the mezzanine. The hotel has a tasteful, modern decor that dispenses with the opulent vulgarity of some other Trump properties. The staff are delightful and the experience is one we will treasure for a very long time.

Dear STYLEONTHEGO,

I enjoy the fact that your review highlights all of the qualities we are proud of at Trump SoHo, from the personal touches brought by our attentive staff to the physical aspects of the property. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was delightful, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

We arrived at the hotel and were instantly upgraded to a deluxe suite on the 36th floor as we were on honeymoon, room was large well equipped and had fanatastic views, could not imagine a better panoramic view of the Empire State building, Chrysler building etc from the bedroom and all of downtown from the bathroom.

We were still admiring the views when a member of staff arrived with complementary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to congratulate us on our wedding and to thank us for choosing to celebrate our honeymoon with the Trump Soho! The accompanying note asked that should we have any concerns or requests that we contact directly the duty manager. The only problem was that the stay was so pleasent that we never felt the need to try and enhance it.

From check in to check out everything was smooth and the staff were all extremely helpful and proffesional. A personal thanks has to go to the concierge staff Jennifer and Cullen, who seemed to instinctively know what we were after and helped secure us a number of grerat reservations at very short notice. That said, it was not just the concierge staff, but the door men, the housekeepers, and indeed everybody that we ran into at the hotel who made us feel very much at home.

To balance this review, a few negative issues may be that the pool was not yet ready, and the gym was still a temporary setup. That said, the pool for us would have only been a bonus, and with the amount there is to do in New york I'm pretty sure we would not have had time to use it anyway! I do imagine though that once all of these things are completed the hotel will be truly first class.

The only other thing to mention is the area, we initially picked the hotel, and didn't really think about the area, but having stayed in Soho and visited both up and downtown from there, we came to the conclusion that the area, at least for us, was the ideal base, with great restaurants, bars, shops and sights right around the corner, and the rest of New York, a short stroll or subway ride away.

All in all a great hotel in a great city, glad we chose both for our honeymoon, and hope we will stay again in the future.

1 Thank sco
Dear Sco,

It sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful honeymoon with us at Trump SoHo New York, and I am pleased to know that we enhanced your stay in this manner. I must say I am very proud of the staff we have hired and it makes me happy to know that every aspect of your stay was executed with such attention to secure what ultimately resulted in your pleasant stay. I will certainly let Jenifer and Cullen know of your gratitude as well as the rest of our team encountered during your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary or sooner!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed in a deluxe one-bed corner suite on the 37th floor, and would thoroughly recommend this hotel. The views (particularly from the higher floors) are amazing, and the hotel itself is situated in a good area - close to lots of shops and bars. Despite that, the room I stayed in was very quiet and I had a completely undisturbed night sleeping in a wonderfully comfortable bed.

I ordered room service one evening and the food was quite exceptional - much better than the usual in-room dining stuff one usually gets. It wasn't cheap though, and you should be prepared to pay a high price for any extras you choose when staying here (for example - you have to pay $15 per 24hrs for wi-fi connection!).

As others have pointed out, the hotel is still being finished, so the pool and spa were not operational at the time I stayed. That didn't bother me too much, and there didn't appear to be any noise or disturbance from the work being completed.

All in all, I would certainly recommend this hotel, but don't come here if you're counting your pennies, as your final bill will end up being more than you may have budgeted for.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RobertDawes
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 1 July 2010
Dear BKHLD,

Thank you for recommending Trump SoHo. I must agree that the views from the 37th floor are one-of-a-kind! Being that high up does also allow for peaceful sleeping, especially after a pleasant in room dining experience.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

David Chase.
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

The Trump Soho in my opinion is a so/so experience: It is brand new, the location is superb but there are some drawbacks: We got assigned a room on the 10th floor, which is definitely too low for the right experience - the room is rather dark as the surrounding buildings are much taller - for sure this gets better the higher you move up - so make sure to ask for a room as high as possible. We were staying a deluxe king room - the room itself is just fine, however the bathrooms are not particularly well designed - the water is running from the shower into the room due to design flaws ...
In the first night we came back to the hotel late and where quite astonished to find a roll-away bed in our room - as we were travelling as two partners, we of course did not request such bed. It turned out, they put it in the wrong room. Mistakes can happen, so there is not too much fuzz about that, but what weights higher than that is the fact that we had to call them twice to get the bed removed as from the first call nothing happened within 15 minutes.
The restaurant offers okay food and so/so service - the probem there though is the aircondition which blows very strongly and very coldly from up above - we had to move table for fear of catching a cold.
Last but not least - and this leads to our value for money concerns - the price would probably be okay if the Spa and the pool were in operation. This however was not the case as they are obviously still working on the finalization of these areas - nobody told us when we booked the hotel and they are advertising a pool and a spa on their homepage. So we were quite disappointed not to be able to use those - quite important - parts of the hotel and hence believe the price is too high compared to other hotels which offer such amenities in the area.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HamVienna
Dear HamVienna,

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconsistencies experienced during your stay. I am sorry that you were not aware that our spa would not be available during your visit. I know that our Attaché team has been making it a point to contact every guest prior to arrival to extend all of the proper information regarding the spa, fitness center and pool. I am sorry if for some reason you did not receive that call or email. I am also sorry that you did not notice this information on our homepage.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo.

Kind Regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Had a great stay at the Trump Soho hotel, beautiful design and decor. The staff were absolutely excellent. No attitude, very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Definitely 5 star service hotel. Found the high tech stuff a little confusing, maybe a little guide as to how to use all the cool gadgets would be helpful. Loved the place, can't wait to return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I must thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. Hiring the right team is a priority of mine, and it pleases me to know our guests feel this when they stay with us.

In regards to our high tech in room system, we are looking into ways to provide our guests with instructions.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

hello my name is kiki, myself and my family(3 year old and 8 month old) just returned home a 5 night stay at the trump soho in a premier 1 bedroom corner unit (2809). we also had another king deluxe room(1504) for other family members (adult and 6 year old) that were traveling with us. i was there doing business and then stayed for leisure.

We could not have been more pleased! From the moment my reservation was made i felt so taken care of, even before arrival i received several emails form the hotel manager David as well as the attache department reaching out to see if there was anything they could do to assist us or see if we had any special requests. i am glad as they went out of there way to assure us of our welcoming.
i would advise anyone interested in staying here to become a member of the leaders club which offers its members special non advertised benefits such as upgrade and allows you to customize special requests, and they listen. (they provided us with extra pillows as well as a beautiful fruit plate upon arrival, a category upgrade and early check-in and late check-out) a crib was already set up along with welcoming gifts for the kids when we entered the room. the attache dept. set up a playstation 3 and provide the kids with games. t
when we arrived we were greeted out front by the bellman(Elvis and Mike), both whom were pleasant and assisted us in feeling at home the entire visit by providing us with friendly, helpful service.(graciously helped with our 2 strollers and any other information we needed. they were very knowledgeable.
Oscar at the front desk as well as the ladies were so kind. welcoming and professional.
Frank(operator) was very functioning and resourceful for us.
The rooms are beautiful with clear views (we had an unobstructed view of all things north of the hotel including a spectacular view of the empire state building and city skyline) the furniture was modern but still felt warm and cozy. if you are in to high tech you will love this as one remote can control lights, curtains, television, etc) the beds were so comfortable i didn't miss my tempur pedic!!
the housekeeping staff has kept the room so clean i felt comfortable in letting my 8 month old crawl on the floor (which is a rare fete for me). it even felt clean enough to walk barefoot. :) housekeeping accommodated every request (extra towels, toothbrush and even a late night vacuuming) happily and promptly.
the room service food was excellent! even though there are great restaurants (mr. chow, nobu, bubby's in near walking distance i preferred to order in and enjoy the wonderful food, in which each time the chef would send up an extra culinary surprise to be sampled.
the delivery persons from room service even assisted in making us feel comfortable.(although the kids menu includes a beverage and fruit or chips i still find it a bit pricey at $15 for a hot dog or turkey sandwich) there is also a $7.50 mandatory delivery charge) so order lots to justify the fee ;)
the hotel is in walking distance to basically any place you would need.
the only disappointment was that the pool and spa were still being finished and not ready until end of july. (i was told on the last day that we could have been provided passes to a pool and health club nearby free of charge)
i travel to ny monthly and have been a loyal customer to the trump columbus circle for many years and think i finally may have found a hotel that compares to their quality of service. God willing we will be staying there again on our future trips.
so if you are looking for a friendly staff, cleanliness, convenience and all around 5 star service, look no further. i wish i could remember the name of the housekeeping staff and other ladies at the front desk as well as the 2 other bellman as they all made this the best trip i have taken to new york. thank you, thank you thank you trump soho staff!!!!!!!
kiki

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank truesizetwo
Dear Truesizetwo,

I am so thrilled to hear of your stay with us. It pleases me very much to know that our staff met your needs in every aspect of your stay. I will certainly communicate to the team how happy you were with all details “from booking until you depart!”

I am extremely proud of our employees and it makes my day when I receive enthusiastic feedback from our guests regarding the excellent level of service they received while staying with us.

Please come back soon, we look forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo.