“Extraordinarily Chic, Cool, and Comfortable!”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #120 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Extraordinarily Chic, Cool, and Comfortable!”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This has now become my new New York City Hotel! This hotel has done everything right. Location, design, decor, service, amenities--perfect. From our welcome to our departure, we were treated superbly during our 3-night stay. My 2 granddaughters (ages 6 and 3) were treated like princesses and they cannot wait to return. Two weeks ago, we had all stayed at a 5-star hotel in Beverly Hills, which was quite nice; however, had we stayed there AFTER our Trump Soho experience, we would have been a little disappointed, to say the least. The icing on the cake was our incredible view of the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks from our fabulous suite. Our special thanks go to Kensa, for her gracious and professional manner.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Dear Gfarmer,

Thank you for making us your new New York City Hotel! I am pleased to know that the experience met your expectations, and that you were able to enjoy the magnificent views for the 4th of July festivities. I will let Kenza know that you are pleased with her attention and professional manner.

Please come back soon, we look forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo New York.

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Impeccable from curbside to bedside and back. Trump SoHo is not inexpensive, but it's worth every cent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 9 July 2010
Dear Middleagedblackman,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad we met your expectations and that you appreciate the value of the service we provide.

We hope to see you soon,
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The location is perfect, the rooms are wonderful and the bathrooms are down right exceptional. The bed is like a big pillow and the view was outstanding. Room service was prompt. The overall feel is very good and everything is new. In the category of "almost" the elevator was on the fritz, the in room controls are difficult ( for the life of me I could not turn on the bedside lamp), they charged me for the previous occupants mini bar bill ( also removed) and they messed up the breakfast room service order. I will chalk this up to new hotel and will return so I hope they clear this issues up. Overall I would recommend especially for the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Dear VoxVolpe,

Thank you for your feedback as this is important information for us to evaluate. I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite certain hiccups. Please be assured that we are addressing the areas that you mentioned and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Chorley
Reviewed 4 July 2010

This was our first time in New York and what a fantastic time we had, the hotel is elegant and minimal. The pool and gym area was not open, but we were not there to relax but to shop and sight see. Trump SoHo is very close to the subway, which takes you Uptown and to the Meatpacking District, the doormen are very helpful with directions and in hailing you a cab (remember to tip).

There are some great vintage shops near the hotel, if you are in fashion and like to be an individual.

Jennifer, the concierge at Trump Soho, is wonderful, not only did she recommend a wonderful Italian restaurant (Giorgione) to go to, she even booked us a table on the same night as per our request, very short notice! and we bumped into a Desperate Housewives celebrity. This is how good Jennifer is, she even got us a table at Buddakhan, the hippest Pan Asian restaurant in the Meatpacking District on a Friday night. This restaurant is featured in the first "Sex and the City" film, (SJP's pre wedding dinner). After we had been to dinner, Jennifer would always make a point to ask us if we enjoyed ourselves and made us so welcome.

The Taschen's Library is great in the evening relaxing with a cocktail or a glass of wine, flicking through the pages and chilling to the music

We had a view of the Empire State Building from our room and the deep bath for two was romantic, double basin and a shower to die for. The room itself had some great little touches, like a Nespresso machine to make coffee, Ipod dock/radio and television in bathroom. Lack of storage in the way of wardrobe space but plenty of drawers to store clothes. Very luxurious room, so don't listen to all the negative comments. We were breath taken. The bed was so comfortable, like a giant marshmallow. We both slept very well. Would have loved to spend more time in the hotel, but we were too busy exploring NYC. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to stay in modern minimal, luxurious hotels. This is amazing. It really made our holiday.

When there, we would recommend the helicopter trip and the sex and the city tour (great to get your bearings around New York). Other must do's include Central Park, Ground Zero and the Meatpacking District (for the designer shops).

All in all we had a fantastic first trip and hopefully not our last. Thank you to everyone at the Trump Soho in making our first stay in New York awesome!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard and Lisa,

What a great New York City experience you had! It seems as though your first time was well spent and I am happy that we provided a comfortable and welcoming environment at the end of your days.

Thank you for your kind words regarding Concierge, I will let Jenifer know that you were very happy with her friendliness and insider knowledge!

Please consider us for your next trip to New York and hope to see you soon.

New York City, NY
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I just returned from a one night stay at the new Trump Soho hotel. The experience was phenomenal from check-in to check-out. I was greeted by a lovely concierge who offered me a refreshment towel (nice touch!) and asked if I needed any reservations or arrangements during my stay. I told her it was my boyfriend's birthday and she immediately asked for his name and told me the hotel would send up a gift (a bottle of champagne, as it turned out). Again, very nice touch. I reserved a "deluxe" king, which is a 400+ square foot bedroom with a huge low rise bed, magnificent tufted leather headboard, seating area, 42 inch flat screen, electronic window shade, light, and TV command, Nespresso machine, and a microwave. The bathroom was huge, with a full view uptown including the Empire State Building, which could be seen from the window adjacent bathtub. A separate shower stall with excellent pressure, his and hers sink areas, and more. The hotel restaurant, Quattro Gastronomia, has impeccable service, a beautiful dining room, and memorable food. The pool and gym were not yet ready (the hotel opened in April), but the experience promises to be in line with the rest of the property. The lobby area is peaceful and a large sitting area is also found on the mezzanine. The hotel has a tasteful, modern decor that dispenses with the opulent vulgarity of some other Trump properties. The staff are delightful and the experience is one we will treasure for a very long time.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear STYLEONTHEGO,

I enjoy the fact that your review highlights all of the qualities we are proud of at Trump SoHo, from the personal touches brought by our attentive staff to the physical aspects of the property. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was delightful, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

cambridge
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We arrived at the hotel and were instantly upgraded to a deluxe suite on the 36th floor as we were on honeymoon, room was large well equipped and had fanatastic views, could not imagine a better panoramic view of the Empire State building, Chrysler building etc from the bedroom and all of downtown from the bathroom.

We were still admiring the views when a member of staff arrived with complementary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to congratulate us on our wedding and to thank us for choosing to celebrate our honeymoon with the Trump Soho! The accompanying note asked that should we have any concerns or requests that we contact directly the duty manager. The only problem was that the stay was so pleasent that we never felt the need to try and enhance it.

From check in to check out everything was smooth and the staff were all extremely helpful and proffesional. A personal thanks has to go to the concierge staff Jennifer and Cullen, who seemed to instinctively know what we were after and helped secure us a number of grerat reservations at very short notice. That said, it was not just the concierge staff, but the door men, the housekeepers, and indeed everybody that we ran into at the hotel who made us feel very much at home.

To balance this review, a few negative issues may be that the pool was not yet ready, and the gym was still a temporary setup. That said, the pool for us would have only been a bonus, and with the amount there is to do in New york I'm pretty sure we would not have had time to use it anyway! I do imagine though that once all of these things are completed the hotel will be truly first class.

The only other thing to mention is the area, we initially picked the hotel, and didn't really think about the area, but having stayed in Soho and visited both up and downtown from there, we came to the conclusion that the area, at least for us, was the ideal base, with great restaurants, bars, shops and sights right around the corner, and the rest of New York, a short stroll or subway ride away.

All in all a great hotel in a great city, glad we chose both for our honeymoon, and hope we will stay again in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sco
Dear Sco,

It sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful honeymoon with us at Trump SoHo New York, and I am pleased to know that we enhanced your stay in this manner. I must say I am very proud of the staff we have hired and it makes me happy to know that every aspect of your stay was executed with such attention to secure what ultimately resulted in your pleasant stay. I will certainly let Jenifer and Cullen know of your gratitude as well as the rest of our team encountered during your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary or sooner!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed in a deluxe one-bed corner suite on the 37th floor, and would thoroughly recommend this hotel. The views (particularly from the higher floors) are amazing, and the hotel itself is situated in a good area - close to lots of shops and bars. Despite that, the room I stayed in was very quiet and I had a completely undisturbed night sleeping in a wonderfully comfortable bed.

I ordered room service one evening and the food was quite exceptional - much better than the usual in-room dining stuff one usually gets. It wasn't cheap though, and you should be prepared to pay a high price for any extras you choose when staying here (for example - you have to pay $15 per 24hrs for wi-fi connection!).

As others have pointed out, the hotel is still being finished, so the pool and spa were not operational at the time I stayed. That didn't bother me too much, and there didn't appear to be any noise or disturbance from the work being completed.

All in all, I would certainly recommend this hotel, but don't come here if you're counting your pennies, as your final bill will end up being more than you may have budgeted for.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RobertDawes
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 1 July 2010
Dear BKHLD,

Thank you for recommending Trump SoHo. I must agree that the views from the 37th floor are one-of-a-kind! Being that high up does also allow for peaceful sleeping, especially after a pleasant in room dining experience.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

David Chase.