“AMAZING Hotel with AMAZING Staff!!!”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #123 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We started planning our trip to NYC for the 4th of July weekend by reserving a couple different hotels with specials going on for the holiday weekend. My mother-in-law and I were torn between staying here and another hotel (another 5 star hotel) but located in Midtown because we wanted to make sure wherever we stayed we had the best view of the fireworks. Neither of us had ever stayed in SoHo because we always stay in Times Square, but the idea of seeing the fireworks kept pulling us back to the hotel in midtown. Since this hotel is so new I decided to come to tripadvisor and see what people had to say, as well as the other hotel. After reading ALL of the reviews for the Trump SoHo and being amazed that the General Manager responded to all the comments, we chose the Trump.

A few days prior to us arriving the attache department contacted us via email providing us with three different pool locations (and an apology about the pool not being ready) that we could use because the pool would not be ready until the end of July. They also informed us that the Trump would fully reimburse us for using any of the three pools we chose. We thought that was a nice touch because they didn't have to do this.

So based on some key information from the tripadvisor reviews we made sure we maximized our stay. When we arrived via car we were told that it would be $65 per day + $8 for an oversized car (Range Rover), but it was after 6 pm on a Friday evening so we parked on the street right across from the hotel for FREE where the doorman could watch our truck for 24 hrs. Our doorman Rashard was great, he helped us out throughout the weekend with directions and places to eat/see. When we checked in we were initially given keys to a 20th floor 1 bedroom suite, but after reading all the reviews on tripadvisor we requested a higher floor facing the Hudson so we could see the fireworks. The person who checked us in could not help us, so she got the manager Kenza who was AMAZING!!!! Kenza really took care of us and was soo genuine, she even called a few days later to see how we were doing. We ended up staying in 3009 with a corner view of the Hudson. Apparently the '09 series rooms have the best views of Hudson (and the city) and we hoped seeing the fireworks would be good from our room, and they absolutely were, but I will get to them in a minute. Because our original room on the 20th floor had a pull out couch, we were able to get a roll-away-bed for our 30th floor suite for free because they are normally $75/day. The difference between the two suites are the 30th floor has a powder room (so two bathrooms total) and no pullout couch, whereas the 20th floor does and the view probably wasn't as great.

So we get to our room and it was INCREDIBLE!!!! The suite was big, so you will not go wrong with this type of room. There was one huge window in the living room facing the Hudson (you could see all the way down the Hudson) and two HUGE corner windows facing the Hudson AND uptown; during the day you could see all the way up the Avenue of the Americas to Central Park! An absolutely breathtaking view from our room and bathroom (there was a large window right over the tub)! There was even a tv in the bathroom which was a surprise. The bathroom was very big, loved the all glass shower, bathtub and private toilet stall. We requested a refrigerator and it came up right away and we had no clue until the last day that there was a microwave in the room, oh well. A lot of the reviews I read said that the controls around the room were too high tech, um not so much, it was pretty simple and our bellman Jeff explained it very quickly. We also loved the decor everything in there was Fendi, which we were impressed by, classy. We also loved the divider that separated the living room from the bedroom, it helped us out with the kids when it was their bedtime. And the powder room was huge, not the normal size of a powder room, which was great!

Forgot to mention that when we arrived my children (6 yrs & 3 yrs) received adorable Trump kids bags with a stuffed elephant, coloring book and a few other goodies, they were super happy to receive a gift for staying. I also noticed a lot of people complaining on here about the high internet charge to use it in your room (which seems to be standard in a lot of hotels these days so I didn't understand the complaint) but I used the business center for FREE as David explained to many of the people complaining about the internet fee. In the business center they had a great copy machine (seemed pretty new), they had two computers and an ATM machine in the center. The only thing that happened to us the whole weekend was the Nespresso machine was acting up so they brought us a new one right away and had two staff members who were so sweet, show us how to use it (shot out to Anderson in housekeeping, so nice!!). The directions for the Nespresso are pretty simple but we wanted to ensure we didn't break the machine, my mother-in-law had two cups it was so good.

The entire time we were there all the staff members that came to room told us how great our view would be of the fireworks and they were RIGHT!!! OMG!! I mean it couldn't have gotten any better, seriously. We were soooo happy, we had tickets to sit on a pier with a million other people, but once we saw our room view we didn't go and that was the best decision we could have made!! It was perfect.

You are seriously in walking distance to everything so no need to worry about this hotel its got you covered. If my mother-in-law (who travels all over the world and stays in the best of the best hotels) if she is amazed by this hotel, this really has to be an amazing hotel because she is hard to please. We will definitely be staying here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Farmgirl4
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2010

Dear Farmgirl4,

First of all I must thank you for your generous words regarding our staff. Being that you are familiar with TripAdvisor and my responses, you must know that hiring the best team in Manhattan is something I am extremely proud of. This is the level of service and generosity we aim to deliver and you described it perfectly. From the Attaché pre-arrival emails and the doormen, to the bellmen and front desk managers, we truly aim to please our guests and offer the best service in the business.

I am very happy that you were able to enjoy the fireworks from your room and that despite having seats at another pier, you decided to stay with us. We are humbled by your review and look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

I had the pleasure of staying here in the middle of June for a few nights. They bumped me up to a corner suite on the 32nd floor. I was the first person to stay in that particular room, which I believe was 3209. Gorgeous, gorgeous, breath-taking 180' unobstructed view. Bedroom in corner so both sides were glass. Absolutely amazing. The bathroom was marble and had the Empire State building framed perfectly out the window. And the bed - - the most comfortable bed I've ever, ever slept in. It felt like sleeping on a cloud. It's true that the spa and pool were not open yet, however, they did provide free access to a gym down the street. Perfect location......I highly recommend the Trump Soho. Try and get the highest floor you can. You will never want to leave the room.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Dear Wisegrrl,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It pleases me very much to know that your experience with us was so exceptional and that despite the spa and pool not being open, we were able to meet your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

This has now become my new New York City Hotel! This hotel has done everything right. Location, design, decor, service, amenities--perfect. From our welcome to our departure, we were treated superbly during our 3-night stay. My 2 granddaughters (ages 6 and 3) were treated like princesses and they cannot wait to return. Two weeks ago, we had all stayed at a 5-star hotel in Beverly Hills, which was quite nice; however, had we stayed there AFTER our Trump Soho experience, we would have been a little disappointed, to say the least. The icing on the cake was our incredible view of the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks from our fabulous suite. Our special thanks go to Kensa, for her gracious and professional manner.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Dear Gfarmer,

Thank you for making us your new New York City Hotel! I am pleased to know that the experience met your expectations, and that you were able to enjoy the magnificent views for the 4th of July festivities. I will let Kenza know that you are pleased with her attention and professional manner.

Please come back soon, we look forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo New York.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Impeccable from curbside to bedside and back. Trump SoHo is not inexpensive, but it's worth every cent.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

Dear Middleagedblackman,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad we met your expectations and that you appreciate the value of the service we provide.

We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 5 July 2010

The location is perfect, the rooms are wonderful and the bathrooms are down right exceptional. The bed is like a big pillow and the view was outstanding. Room service was prompt. The overall feel is very good and everything is new. In the category of "almost" the elevator was on the fritz, the in room controls are difficult ( for the life of me I could not turn on the bedside lamp), they charged me for the previous occupants mini bar bill ( also removed) and they messed up the breakfast room service order. I will chalk this up to new hotel and will return so I hope they clear this issues up. Overall I would recommend especially for the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Dear VoxVolpe,

Thank you for your feedback as this is important information for us to evaluate. I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite certain hiccups. Please be assured that we are addressing the areas that you mentioned and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

This was our first time in New York and what a fantastic time we had, the hotel is elegant and minimal. The pool and gym area was not open, but we were not there to relax but to shop and sight see. Trump SoHo is very close to the subway, which takes you Uptown and to the Meatpacking District, the doormen are very helpful with directions and in hailing you a cab (remember to tip).

There are some great vintage shops near the hotel, if you are in fashion and like to be an individual.

Jennifer, the concierge at Trump Soho, is wonderful, not only did she recommend a wonderful Italian restaurant (Giorgione) to go to, she even booked us a table on the same night as per our request, very short notice! and we bumped into a Desperate Housewives celebrity. This is how good Jennifer is, she even got us a table at Buddakhan, the hippest Pan Asian restaurant in the Meatpacking District on a Friday night. This restaurant is featured in the first "Sex and the City" film, (SJP's pre wedding dinner). After we had been to dinner, Jennifer would always make a point to ask us if we enjoyed ourselves and made us so welcome.

The Taschen's Library is great in the evening relaxing with a cocktail or a glass of wine, flicking through the pages and chilling to the music

We had a view of the Empire State Building from our room and the deep bath for two was romantic, double basin and a shower to die for. The room itself had some great little touches, like a Nespresso machine to make coffee, Ipod dock/radio and television in bathroom. Lack of storage in the way of wardrobe space but plenty of drawers to store clothes. Very luxurious room, so don't listen to all the negative comments. We were breath taken. The bed was so comfortable, like a giant marshmallow. We both slept very well. Would have loved to spend more time in the hotel, but we were too busy exploring NYC. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to stay in modern minimal, luxurious hotels. This is amazing. It really made our holiday.

When there, we would recommend the helicopter trip and the sex and the city tour (great to get your bearings around New York). Other must do's include Central Park, Ground Zero and the Meatpacking District (for the designer shops).

All in all we had a fantastic first trip and hopefully not our last. Thank you to everyone at the Trump Soho in making our first stay in New York awesome!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Richard and Lisa,

What a great New York City experience you had! It seems as though your first time was well spent and I am happy that we provided a comfortable and welcoming environment at the end of your days.

Thank you for your kind words regarding Concierge, I will let Jenifer know that you were very happy with her friendliness and insider knowledge!

Please consider us for your next trip to New York and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2010

I just returned from a one night stay at the new Trump Soho hotel. The experience was phenomenal from check-in to check-out. I was greeted by a lovely concierge who offered me a refreshment towel (nice touch!) and asked if I needed any reservations or arrangements during my stay. I told her it was my boyfriend's birthday and she immediately asked for his name and told me the hotel would send up a gift (a bottle of champagne, as it turned out). Again, very nice touch. I reserved a "deluxe" king, which is a 400+ square foot bedroom with a huge low rise bed, magnificent tufted leather headboard, seating area, 42 inch flat screen, electronic window shade, light, and TV command, Nespresso machine, and a microwave. The bathroom was huge, with a full view uptown including the Empire State Building, which could be seen from the window adjacent bathtub. A separate shower stall with excellent pressure, his and hers sink areas, and more. The hotel restaurant, Quattro Gastronomia, has impeccable service, a beautiful dining room, and memorable food. The pool and gym were not yet ready (the hotel opened in April), but the experience promises to be in line with the rest of the property. The lobby area is peaceful and a large sitting area is also found on the mezzanine. The hotel has a tasteful, modern decor that dispenses with the opulent vulgarity of some other Trump properties. The staff are delightful and the experience is one we will treasure for a very long time.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear STYLEONTHEGO,

I enjoy the fact that your review highlights all of the qualities we are proud of at Trump SoHo, from the personal touches brought by our attentive staff to the physical aspects of the property. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was delightful, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.