“Super stylish & gorgeous hotel, great location - can't wait to return!!”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #134 of 466 Hotels in New York City
London
“Super stylish & gorgeous hotel, great location - can't wait to return!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Ok so let's be clear, staying in New York is never going to be the cheapest thing you ever do, but when you stay in a hotel that's so impressive you forget how expensive it was, you're onto a very good thing. In this case, that impressive hotel is most definitely the Trump Soho.

Situated on the edge of Soho, New York's coolest place, filled with everything from designer stores to neighbourhood pizza parlours (Ben's Pizza on the corner of Spring and Thompson is thoroughly recommended - just don't think you can share a 16" pizza between two, because it really can't be done!!) , Trump Soho is in a great location.

The whole place is so beautifully and tastefully decorated that if I was rich enough, I'd like someone to do my house up just like it - bronze metallic leather wingback chairs and huge sculptural chandeliers in the lobby, leather walls and block wood panelling in the corridors and lifts, super comfy armchairs, gorgeous bathroom tiling and oversized button-down headboard in the guest suites. Our room also featured what looked like a 42" TV, with an all-in-one remote that controlled the electric curtains (oh yes!), the room temperature and lighting - genius. The bathroom, which had a separate bath alongside the super duper shower, also gave us two sinks / vanity units, which when you have two girls sharing, makes all the difference!

There were lots of nice little touches in the room, including a very handy little kitchenette type area (with a fridge, microwave and sink), a wardrobe which lit up when you opened the door, a total of three phones (one next to the bed, one on the TV / desk unit, and one in the bathroom), plenty of notepaper and pens, a bench / ottoman at the end of the bed, and lots of useful guest information, such as the pillow menu on offer, which naturally we took full advantage of! One of the most impressive extras were the bathrobes on offer, which were just fabulous!! I often find that towels and robes in American hotels really aren't big enough for anyone over a size 12 to use comfortably, but the Trump Soho totally confounded my previous experiences, as the robe and bath towels were all plenty big enough, and I just regret that I didn't purchase a robe to take home with me - maybe next time.

The reception, concierge, bellboy and housekeeping staff were all really helpful, friendly and professional - particular thanks must go to Roger, our check-in receptionist, who very kindly managed to wangle us a corner room, and Mike, our favourite bellboy - and our one negative experience with service (a rather embarrassing and uncomfortable incident at the pool area and bar) was very quickly rectified at main reception when checking out.

No doubt about it, Mr Trump knows what he's doing when it comes to creating a hotel experience to remember in New York, I was massively impressed by the Trump Soho, and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Dear Trixie1008,

Thank you very much. Your comments about the décor, amenities and team are greatly appreciated. I will be sure to let Roger and Mike know your thoughts. We look forward to your next visit from London!

Kind regards,
David Chase, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 September 2010

fantastic hotel. the beds were very comfortable.
i can really recommend it to everybody. its very close to soho.
nice rooms. very stylish. beautiful view. very competent and friendly staff. i felt myself very welcome and at home. next time again. The tube is very close and you can reach soho, meatpacking, financial district an greeneach village by feet.
enjoy it!!

• Stayed June 2010
Dear gido79,

Thank you. We appreciate your “simply great” review! We look forward to welcoming you back to your NYC home very soon.

Kind regards,
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We chose the Trump Soho based on the many positive reviews for a special birthday weekend getaway. We were not disappointed. The check in process was extremely easy and quick. The hotel staff is top-notch. From doormen to floor attendant to concierge, each employee we encountered was professional, pleasant, and friendly. We let them know in advance that this was a birthday trip, and on our first night, they left a beautifully presented plate of gourmet chocolates and a card. Truly a nice touch that you normally only find in the smaller boutique hotels. When we checked out, they seemed genuinely interested in our stay.

Our rooms were on the 39th floor and had a spectacular view of the river and city. The rooms are very modern (leather, brushed bronze, and marble) and quite large for NYC. This is a new hotel and it feels like you are the first guest. The bed was extremely comfortable and with a fluffy down comfortable. It felt like you were sleeping in a cocoon. It was so comfortable, we even came back for an afternoon nap. :-) As mentioned in previous posts, the curtains and lighting are controlled through the remote control. We didn't have anyone explain it to us, but it was not too difficult to master. You can have the tv on or off to use the remote, but it may be easier with the tv on if you are intimidated. The bathroom was spacious, with a big window to let the light in (if you choose), and had a separate tub and shower (with rain shower and hand held nozzle). There were also fluffy bathrobes, Trump toiletries, and a variety of other sundries. Design-wise, there were a couple of things like the tv and lamps that didn't seem well placed, semi-blocking the view. But this certainly did not affect our experience.

We didn't use the pool or the spa, but both were open. The location was great for us. We've stay in midtown and the theater district several times and we wanted a different feel this time.

Con: The only negative experience we had was breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. It was not only disappointing, but extremely expensive for what you get. Breakfast for three was $80-- one breakfast buffet, one egg-white omelet, and two eggs over easy with a spoonful of potatoes. The egg-white omelet was flavorless and bland and the fried eggs were over-cooked. I was still hungry after I finished. I would've been happier with an egg mcmuffin. Seriously... although the service was good, the breakfast experience needs some work.

Really, this is a great hotel. We would definitely stay here again and we would recommend this hotel to others in fact, we are already trying to plan our next trip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 7 October 2010
Dear L&JinVA,

Thank you for your in-depth and kind comments. It is always a pleasure to celebrate special occasions with our guests and I am delighted that you had a great birthday. I will certainly let the team know your thoughts. Thank you for your comments about the breakfast, we have taken them into consideration. We are pleased to offer an extensive breakfast buffet and are reviewing pricing. Good luck with trip planning and we will see you soon!

Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I am a native New Yorker now living in NJ. My wife and I have travelled extensively around the world and have stayed in NY hotels locally many times for weekends.

We stayed Saturday September 25 for a night out and to catch the last night of the San Genarro festival.

This is, by far, the best experience we have had in recent memory. We were upgraded to a larger corner room without asking at check-in, the size of which was remarkable by NY standards . The hotel and room fit and finish was beautiful and the staff friendly and accommodating. Absolute quiet at night in the room.

The attentiveness of the staff and quality and thoughtfulness of the design and features reminded me of what I have experienced in some of the finer new Las Vegas properties like the Aria, but on an intimate scale and without the noise and bustle. Even the fresh flowers in the full marble bathroom were beautiful.

Well Done, Trump Soho! We are looking forward to coming back for a family wedding in NY on 10/23.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear NJcritic_10,

We truly appreciate your kind compliments, thank you! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you again on the 23rd.

New York, NY
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I am a native New Yorker who now (forcibly) lives across the Hudson but I stay overnight in the city about 30 times a year.
These guys have got it right. I know it's early (they are mere babes, opening in the past year), but he service was spot on.
The room was spotless, beautiful, stylish, inviting, spacious and extremely comfortable. The bed...let me tell you about the bed, you have to come here just for the bed. Without question one of the most comfortable beds you will find in any hotel room in the city.
The bathroom was sleek, with a seperate (deep) bath and shower room. The shower room had one of those "rain shower" heads and a seperate hand held sprayer.
Personally, I like the water pressure so high it threatens to break the shower door, but this was not a deal killer.
The room itself was very spacious (Room 2011) and I really don't know if it was a "standard room" or not. I had a seperate couch and bar area. Just tell them you want 2011 and say Javatrader sent you..
Did I tell you about the comfy bed?
Many of my visits to the city include bringing my family, but this was more of a bring your wife (or girlfriend) vibe. The lobby was small but stylish and the bar was very nice.
This trip was a business trip and if you can swing it, you want to try and wrangle this hotel for a business visit. The hotel staff is extremely attentive and you got the feeling that they were all about making sure you were pleased. Although I did not use any of the business services, you definitely got the feeling that nothing was beyong their ability or desire to accomodate.
The single minus is the location. But the reality is, you are taking cab wherever you go in the city anyway, so it really wasn't a big deal.
This is definitely a 5-star experience and I have stayed at all of the 5-stars. Highly recommended and you really need to stay here at least once.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 28 September 2010
Dear javatrader,

Thank you very much for the in-depth and kind comments. We certainly aim to please and I am delighted that our team was able to make your stay so enjoyable. We invite you to stay in our comfy beds any night!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 September 2010

My first stay here was nothing short of exceptional. Incredible staff, excellent service, nice room. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that I had tp search for the bar open to grab a night cap. I travel a lot, and this place is now one of my favorites. I will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
Dear Elmc01,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Glad you were able to get that nightcap! We are delighted to be one of your “favorites” and look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in NYC when on business trips. Generally, they come out below expectations (tired decor and bored staff). The Trump SoHo was different. It's a big hotel, with very friendly and efficient service, and very comfortable rooms and especially beds. The lights, curtains, TV etc. can be handled via remote control from your bed and there is a Nespresso machine in each room with complimentary coffee. This was most appreciated when trying to get over my jetlag!

I was too busy to truly enjoy the great amenities in this hotel, but everything looked fabulous.

The location is very convenient for SoHo, TriBeCa or Wall Street. I will be back!

Dear KarinGlobal,

Thank you for the kind compliments. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed the in-room amenities and our service. We will be delighted to have you again on your next business trip and are always here to help you recover from jetlag or a reason to get jetlag!