“Amazing Service”

Ranked #117 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Loved the hotel, loved the location and loved the staff.
My husband and I were travelling with our 1 and 3 year old. My son got sick and the staff was so kind and accommodating.....they didn't rush us to check out (my son was napping) and Raquel, at the front desk, was so sweet....she recommending a pain reliever for my son and helping us where to find it. It's something little, but it meant a lot to me. If you want friendly and helpful staff with a smile on their face....you should stay here....makes your stay more enjoyable. Overall the hotel is clean and beautiful!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Dear Libra7888,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that our staff was able to
accommodate, especially when your son was sick. As a father of three young children, I know how hard that can be! I will share your thoughts with Raquel as well. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards,
David Chase, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Thomaston, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stayed at the Trump SoHo during our recent trip to New York. When we checked in, we were attended to by a woman named Vanessa. She was extremely pleasant and helpful. We had booked a King Room but were upgraded free of charge to a King Suite. It was simply beautiful and very spacious. The room has all of the amenities you would expect in a 5 star hotel, right down to the electronic drapery closure. The staff was extremely helpful and polite throughout our stay and we could not have asked for a better stay. The only thing I would note is that I did not bring a makeup mirror with me as just about every hotel now has a makeup mirror in the bathroom. This hotel did not so you should bring one with you.

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to many wonderful boutiques and stores. There also appeared to be a lot of wonderful restaurants in the area although we did not eat at them. We did have the breakfast buffet at the hotel both days and it was pretty good by New York standards -- not overly extensive but good.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 7 October 2010
Dear MaureenConnecticut,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind compliments about the team and the amenities. I will share your thoughts with Vanessa. I’m sorry the mirror was missing from your room. We look forward to seeing you again!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 October 2010

The service at this hotel was bar none. Everyone from the bellmen to the bartenders were knowledgeable and very helpful. As for the room, it was smaller than expected but larger than the other boutique hotels in the area where we normally stay. The bed was amazing, the towels were plush and the room was very quiet since the rooms start 20 floors up. Then there is the hip factor--papparazzi staked outside of the hotel everyday for the celebs, Saudi prince, and rockstars that were at the hotel. Gets my vote for best Soho hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear madge-on-the-go,

Thank you for the vote for best SoHo hotel, we appreciate it! I am delighted to hear that our team was able to make your stay so enjoyable. See you again on your next trip to NYC.

paris
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We have stayed at the trump Soho Hotel in June 2010 during a long week end of june. We've made a reservation by a french tour operator for a one bed room suite. The tour operator was not able to precise to us if the bed room suite was with view or not, so we sent a request by mail to have if possible a room with view (the request was made by my sister working for a five star hotel in Paris were we usually go and we were ready to pay for an eventually upgrading).
When we arrived for the check in our request was unfortunately not satisfied...we were at the level 11 not very far from the elevator...
The room was very spacious with a high windows, nice decoration (made by Fendi Casa).
The only point is that were in a adjoining room with a very bad isolation so we've had sometimes the feeling of being with our neibourgh in his bath room.
The fitness room and swimming pool were not available during our stay.
We tested the room service and were very disappointed by the breakfast with poor choices and and very big prices: more than 150 US for a healthy breakfast (omelette, fruit salad and yoghurt) and a continental breakfast (some pastries and bread). Note that if you ask an extra bread (4 pieces of "standard" not home made bread) it will cost you 17 US...We never saw such prices for an in room breakfast even in five stars hotels in Maldives, French Polynesia or Mauritius...
To end the business center at the level -1 is very correct with free internet access, opened 24/24 h.
So the hotel location is really great, the one room are very spacious and well decorated. But we won't go back because we felt quite anonymous in this hotel. May be the consequence of french tourist bad reputation (some time justified) all around the world an specially in Big apple...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djilali
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Dear djilali (paris),

Thank you for your candid review and compliments on the décor. We do have guest rooms available that are not adjoined and would be happy to place you in one. The fitness room and pool in late summer however, the Pool is now closed for the season. Our in-room dining prices are on par with other hotels in our neighborhood. We pride ourselves on our gracious staff and attentive service and are sorry that you felt anonymous as this is not our intent. We hope you will join us again.

USA
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I've stayed in pretty incredible places in NYC the last few years -- with London NYC coming to mind as the best place. But nothing has compared to Trump Soho. It's pricey but worth every penny.

Super stylish and comfy rooms. Overly attentive staff. Calm environment. Big rooms. Wonderful views.

It's far on the West Side but it actually has a calming effect in that with the exception of Varick Street, you walk out of the hotel and it is not madness. Plus, if you want to spend most of your time downtown it's a great location.

Top notch and one of the Top 5 hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear foureyes18,

Thank you very much for your generous compliments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments with the team. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Newcastle, UK
Reviewed 29 September 2010

It was a record time arrival for my umpteenth trip to New York.
From landing with Delta at JFK T3, immigration and bag pick-up to getting to the hotel check in took less than 45 minutes.

As soon as we got out of the taxi the friendliness of the door men was evident.
Check in was easy and my request for a high up floor was met.

We stayed in a standard room – they call it “Superior” and boy was it.
Certainly the largest hotel room in New York I’ve stayed in, plenty of room for luggage and sorting out all that shopping. Plenty of functional and clean storage.
The room had a pull out microwave and great coffee machine. The Mini bar was exceptionally well stocked – as were its prices, try a half bottle of whisky for $100.
If you really want to put the boat out why not try the bottle service in Kastel Bar, $7000 (that’s seven thousand dollars) for a decent cognag - sure!

The room central control from the TV system remote was easy to work, if you don’t want to use that, then a panel of wall switches offers a substitute.
The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable for a great night’s sleep.
Our views from the huge windows gave a nice open vista towards South East Manhattan and the Brooklyn bridge.
A gang of Mexican roofers across on top of the neighbouring building gave us a wave each morning!

The bathroom was clad in beautiful striped marble with dark bronze fittings, I think I used a fresh towel or two on every bathroom venture and still I found new ones tucked away unused each day!
The rain shower was great and roomy, toilet had an IP phone installed so you could check the weather while taking your morning constitutional.
Everything worked and everything was just right.

I guess it depends on your own budget, but for the price I would expect Wi-Fi to be included as part of the room deal, it’s too expensive as an addition.
We used the business centre instead which served our requirements, though with only 2 PC’s there may be a wait.

The library area was outstanding, you can spend hours looking at the amazing collection of Taschen books.

There’s a first come first served policy on the house car ( a 7 series black BMW) which takes you anywhere between Battery Park and 14th Street for FREE! Don’t forget to tip.
We did make use of it once for a trip to Tribeca Grill and can thoroughly recommend it.

Getting around is simple from this great downtown location:
There’s a bus stop on 6th Ave near to the hotel.
Spring Street C, E Subway is a 2 minute walk.
Houston Street 1,2 Subway is a 7 minute walk.
Greewich village and the Bleeker St, area is an easy 10 min walk.

It was a splurge to stay here, sometimes you may regret spending on lavish accommodation but we certainly didn’t on this occasion and would say for a great location and a huge room in New York we certainly got what we paid for.
I wish we had time to sample to pool area and deck bar, maybe next time because at the right deal I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear gst1,

Thank you for your detailed and very kind comments. It sounds like you really had the opportunity to take advantage of the hotel amenities and our neighborhood. I am particularly delighted that you enjoyed our library and Taschen books – we are quite proud of this partnership. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Best regards,
London
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Ok so let's be clear, staying in New York is never going to be the cheapest thing you ever do, but when you stay in a hotel that's so impressive you forget how expensive it was, you're onto a very good thing. In this case, that impressive hotel is most definitely the Trump Soho.

Situated on the edge of Soho, New York's coolest place, filled with everything from designer stores to neighbourhood pizza parlours (Ben's Pizza on the corner of Spring and Thompson is thoroughly recommended - just don't think you can share a 16" pizza between two, because it really can't be done!!) , Trump Soho is in a great location.

The whole place is so beautifully and tastefully decorated that if I was rich enough, I'd like someone to do my house up just like it - bronze metallic leather wingback chairs and huge sculptural chandeliers in the lobby, leather walls and block wood panelling in the corridors and lifts, super comfy armchairs, gorgeous bathroom tiling and oversized button-down headboard in the guest suites. Our room also featured what looked like a 42" TV, with an all-in-one remote that controlled the electric curtains (oh yes!), the room temperature and lighting - genius. The bathroom, which had a separate bath alongside the super duper shower, also gave us two sinks / vanity units, which when you have two girls sharing, makes all the difference!

There were lots of nice little touches in the room, including a very handy little kitchenette type area (with a fridge, microwave and sink), a wardrobe which lit up when you opened the door, a total of three phones (one next to the bed, one on the TV / desk unit, and one in the bathroom), plenty of notepaper and pens, a bench / ottoman at the end of the bed, and lots of useful guest information, such as the pillow menu on offer, which naturally we took full advantage of! One of the most impressive extras were the bathrobes on offer, which were just fabulous!! I often find that towels and robes in American hotels really aren't big enough for anyone over a size 12 to use comfortably, but the Trump Soho totally confounded my previous experiences, as the robe and bath towels were all plenty big enough, and I just regret that I didn't purchase a robe to take home with me - maybe next time.

The reception, concierge, bellboy and housekeeping staff were all really helpful, friendly and professional - particular thanks must go to Roger, our check-in receptionist, who very kindly managed to wangle us a corner room, and Mike, our favourite bellboy - and our one negative experience with service (a rather embarrassing and uncomfortable incident at the pool area and bar) was very quickly rectified at main reception when checking out.

No doubt about it, Mr Trump knows what he's doing when it comes to creating a hotel experience to remember in New York, I was massively impressed by the Trump Soho, and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Trixie1008,

Thank you very much. Your comments about the décor, amenities and team are greatly appreciated. I will be sure to let Roger and Mike know your thoughts. We look forward to your next visit from London!