“An instant classic - service, rooms, decor.”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 October 2010

To put this review in context, let me say that between my wife and I, we stay in about 12 different places per year. This was my 10th trip to NYC in the past 15 years - different hotel each time. This was the best. Superb service (check-in efficient and helpful, concierge efficient and helpful, housekeeping efficient and helpful). Great location (if you want to spend your time in Soho, as we did, but close to subway to get uptown if needed). However, for those not familiar with NYC - the immediate streetscape around the hotel is nothing special, and it is away from the (maddening) crowds of midtown. Beautifully appointed rooms (ours was a corner suite with a view of the hudson and of midtown manhattan - this building is a bit of a rarity in NYC, with no big surrounding buildings to obstruct the views). Very nice bubbly and upscale snacks at 4pm. The library is absolutely beautiful, filled with taschen books of all varieties - a perfect place to use the free lobby wifi, or to recharge for a few minutes with the bubbly/snacks. The hotel is obviously well managed and well maintained - I can't recommend it highly enough. One minor irritant is the charge for in-room wifi - I appreciate corporate-type hotels that have done away with these charges.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Dear vancotraveller,

Thank you very much. I am delighted to read that your stay with us was “the best.” We appreciate your comments about in-room WIFI and will certainly take them into consideration. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to NYC!

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed 20 October 2010

It was a short business trip - one of those where you are unsure whether you actually want your body clock to adjust to your new location as you will soon be on a flight back home.
Whilst the initial hotel appearance was disappointing the reception and restaurant staff soon overcome this initial concern. Food was excellent as you would expect and the service attentive but not intrusive. The room was well equipped with loads of space.

My only concern relates to the cost of breakfast and any snacks in the drinks bar.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank GardenerBuff
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Dear GardenerBuff,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your experience at Quattro Gastronomia Italiana. When setting pricing we take into account quality and “going rates”. Our breakfast and appetizer prices are on par with other hotels in the neighborhood. We look forward to seeing you on your next business trip!

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Just returned from an amazing 2 night stay at this hotel. From the moment we arrived to the day we left, we had the most exceptional service. I have stayed in numerous hotels in NYC and without a doubt this is by far the best. We were celebrating our birthdays and prior to leaving the UK i did contact them and advise them of this. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a higher floor and our room was breathtaking, the views through the 2 glass fronted walls in the bedroom spread from the Hudson River to the Empire State, It was truly stunning. We were also greeted with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. The room was very spacious for nyc standards and everything was clean and lovely. The bed was the comfiest bed i have ever slept in, the bathroom was stunning and everything was state of the art, loved the remote control curtains!, i cannot say anything bad about this hotel, i would definetly return and intend to do so in the new year with my husband, - i have never returned to any other NYC hotel! Thank you Trump SOHO for an amaxing 2 nights.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Dear ilovedubaibut,

Thank you very much! I am so pleased to read that you experienced “exceptional service” at Trump SoHo. I will certainly share this with the team. We would be delighted to have you again on your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

I live in Union Square in NYC. My girlfriend surprised me on the weekend of my birthday in late September. We woke up Saturday morning; she told me to pack a bag because we are going away. By "away", she meant downtown to the Trump Soho.

The hotel was gorgeous, the staff was more than accommodating; going above and beyond to make me aware that they recognized it was my birthday and going out of there way to make sure we had a great time.

The rooms nicer than you would expect (saying a lot since its a trump property). We had a view facing NJ and the stature of liberty. The bed is like nothing you ever slept in the and the bathroom is even better.

The food was great and the location is perfect. Walking distance to the west village and only 10 minute walk to Little Italy. Only a few blocks from the best restaurants in Tribeca.

All in all, the Hotel is amazing and the Staff makes it even better

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear markzabnyc,

It sounds like you have a very nice girlfriend! We truly appreciate your thoughtful comments about the hotel and our team. I am very pleased that you felt that the team was able to make your stay so special. Looking forward to having you celebrate many more happy occasions with us.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Excellent location - This new Trump Soho located in the most trendy area of Soho, it definitely offers a absolute convenient day and/or night going-out spot. We walked everywhere from the hotel to Broadway, Greenwich and East Villages with merely 30-40 mins. Taxi ride to Madison Ave. and Fifth Ave. take about 15 mins.
Hotel Design - innovative, modern, stylish and yet elegant without losing the old-school touch. We had a suite and one other room on 22nd floor with a view overlooking the Hudson River (both from living room and bathroom).
Hotel Services - I can only say positive words to the entire hotel staff including bell boy, porter, reception, concierge, restaurant, bar, spa, hairdresser - most professional trained hotel staffs we have ever encounted in New York City!! Breakfast is supreme, prepared with passion.
First Hotel we stayed without any complains from my side. My family was totally astonished! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Dear queenofuniverse,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments about our team! We always strive for the highest levels of service and I am so happy we were able to “astonish.” We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2010

We enjoyed the hotel. On the plus side: location was great (although a bit removed from he core of SoHo if that's what you want), staff was outstanding, rooms are new and stylish, the bed is very comfortable. The pricing was very good value for the quality of hotel. On the downside: the heating/coolng unit in the room was loud (to the point of waking my wife up), and the hotel is fairly corporate in feel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear boston65,

Thank you very much. I am pleased that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable. I will certainly follow-up with our engineering team about the heating/cooling system. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2010

This was my first stay at a Trump hotel and I loved it. I will definitely stay again. The room was spacious and clean. The decor isn't edgy or cool, but tasteful and comfortable. The bed was extremely soft and the bathroom was gorgeous. The location in soho is great for shopping. The staff was always helpful and the lobby always full of "beautiful people". This hotel has a great vibe - - you feel away from the tourist crowd and more like a rock star.

My only complaint is that the bathroom should have a door. If you're sharing the room with a friend, it can be awkward to take a shower or bath since you have little privacy. I'd also recommend that Trump upgrade to brand name toiletries. Right now, there is a generic Trump brand, which I wasn't impressed with.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Dear diamondsnowball,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that Trump SoHo was your first taste of the Trump Hotel Collection and that you enjoyed your time with us. We do have rooms with bathroom doors available and we would be happy to place you in one next time. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts on the toiletries, I will certainly share your words with our rooms manager. We look forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo again soon!

Best regards,