“Best hotel I have ever stayed at...”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My girlfriend and I live in NYC and decided to do a "stay-cation" for MLK weekend and save some money instead of going away. Therefore we were looking for a luxury hotel with great amenities, as we would be spending most of our time in the room, and not exploring the city that we live in.

I booked a basic room at the Trump SoHo for Sunday evening. Prior to my arrival, I traded several emails with Ashley in the Attache department to set up a surprise rose petal turn-down service for our stay. She was extremely helpful and attentive to my needs. Little did I know that my girlfriend was also emailing with her as well to arrange for a surprise bottle of champagne to be in the room upon arrival.

We arrived around 3:30pm to check in and Aaron at the front desk helped us. I asked if it was possible to upgrade our room and he took a look and said if we were willing to wait about an hour, he could upgrade us to a beautiful room on the 39th floor with great views. We said an hour would be no problem. So we took our complimentary champagne and went up to the 2nd floor Library lounge to wait. Aaron called me 35 minutes later to tell me our room was ready and he personally came up to the Library to give us our keys. Aaron was a great first impression of the hotel and we were looking forward to seeing our room.

We arrived on the 39th Floor and the room was everything we had hoped for and more. I am a seasoned traveler in the US and Europe and have stayed in lots of different hotels and I can say that this is by far the nicest I have ever stayed in. It was extremely spacious for a NYC hotel, as it had a large foyer area with mini bar area, desk area, king sized bed with a bench at the end and then a full size couch next to the window. The bathroom was as big as a studio apartment with 2 sinks, toilet, walk in shower and large tub under the window. The views were facing east and we could see uptown to our left. There were wonderful plush robes and slippers and the bed was like a cloud. So comfy and cozy with a giant headboard behind it. The room was impeccably clean as well.

When we returned from dinner that evening, the rose petal turn-down service had been done with a rose-petal heart on the bed as well. We took a wonderful bubble bath that evening complete with candles. I highly recommend taking a bath if you are looking for a romantic time on your stay.

We requested a 2pm late check-out and spent the morning in bed. We opted to run out to get Dunkin Donuts down 2 blocks up the street instead of room service, as to save some money.

All in all, Trump SoHo did not disappoint and I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a luxury stay in NYC. Ashley and Aaron made our stay even that more enjoyable and I can't thank both of them enough. Run don't walk to book the Trump SoHo!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Dear Maxxwell8,

Thank you very much for your in-depth and thoughtful comments. It sounds like you had a very special time with your girlfriend. We greatly appreciate you compliments about the level of service you experienced as well as the hotel amenities. I will certainly share your words with Aaron and Ashley, who I know will be delighted. We hope to see you on your next stay-cation!

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Staff, rooms, location, service, ammenities... this is a 10+ hotel. Thanks

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Dear screennamepain,

Wow! Thank you for the 10+ rating! Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

We moved from another hotel that really got it wrong. This was a terrific experience. Firstly, the smallest room in the hotel is 450 sq ft. which is amazing for NYC. The service is first class. The restaurant excellent. They are doing everything right! (Except this ridiculous daily charge for the internet which all hotels are doing for some stupid reason - if you ask they will remove it) The rooms are beautiful. The suites on the top floors are panoramic and in SoHo you can still get amazing views without being blocked by tall buildings. I would happily stay here again. I understand it is an Ivanka project, doesn't surprise me. She is a pretty impressive lady.

Dear emjaytx,

Thank you. It pleases me greatly that you felt we were able to “get it right.” We appreciate your kind words about the level of service as well as your experience in Quattro. We do have complimentary internet available in all of our public spaces as well as a 24-hour business center. You are right, Ivanka Trump is a very impressive lady! We are delighted that she was and continues to be as involved as she is with Trump SoHo. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

Stayed here for Christmas. We were upgraded to a room with a wonderful view of Manhattan. We really loved it! Spacious room, wonderful bed, big bathroom, soft big towels. Great service. We ate once at the Library - good sandwiches & wine. Nice but small fitness center.

Just a block from the subway with direct access to the airport. Lots of restaurants within walking distance, Starbucks right across the street.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2011

The Trump Soho was a wonderful experience with excellent customer services from the minute you arrive until the minute you leave. Rarely has the art of customer service been sustained consistently to such a high level by all the employees.

We had a beautiful room with a floor to ceiling window overlooking the Hudson River; stunning during the day and just as stunning at night.

The location of the hotel was perfect for our visit with the Metro station, shops and restaurants all within a few minutes walk.

The only negative was that there was not free Internet.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Dear RobbLee,

Thank you for your very kind compliments. I am delighted to read about the level of customer service you experienced and will be certain to share with the entire team. We do have complimentary internet available in our public spaces as well as a full service 24-hour business center. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2011

We chose the Trump Soho after much research ( being a very special Holiday for us).
On arrival we were upgraded to a Room on the 32nd floor with an amazing view of the Empire State Building ( especialy good from the sunken massive bathtub). Great room, can't think of a single complaint. Even had a TV in the huge bathroom. Beds amazingly comfy, and the finish high quality throughout.
Service from all staff was excellent. Conciege were great during our stay and they even e-mailed me a list of great restaurants prior to arrival in New York so that we could have a look and research slightly. They also booked for us as we wen't along through the week and literally nothing was too much trouble. Thankyou especially Raquel who was so so nice and helped us a great deal.
House maids always left the room beautiful with fresh flowers and if you like turndown service this was on offer everynight. This includes leving a drink and chocolate for you.
The Gym was great, smallish but everything there and top class equipment.
The Resaurant Quattro nearly escaped us but we had our last dinner there before leaving for the airport. Really good and despite people having said prices were high, this is not true. I would highly recommend the Fillet Minion.
The Location is great. Soho is great inself for shopping, eating and drinking but Soho is walkable to the North and South of Manhatton ( not in heels!) . Also really easy subway access and various lines are minutes walk away. It's not in the bustle of mid town but there is a buzz about Soho and great for people who want to have great eateries and bars close but don't mind a good walk to the tourist attractions.
We would like to say thankyou to all the staff who made our Honeymoon very special, especially having Champagne and choc dipped strawberries sent to our room twice during our stay.
I cannot think of a single reason why not to stay at the Trump Soho. It was our first trip to New York but when we go back I know where we are staying.
Thankyou Trump Soho. New York was the Honeymoon of a lifetime and you were the icing on the cake.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

Me and my partner often travel and stay in Hotels . I can say that not only our stay was pleasurable but the Hotel is amazing from the staff at the front desk to stylish & comfortable Room.I would definitely recommend to stay there if you are in NY and Soho is also a very Hip neighborhood. PS the espresso in Room was a great touch and the fact that when you get in at night the room is already all set for you to go to bed and be comfortable.

Dear rino1,

Thank you! I am so glad you had such a pleasurable experience with us and enjoyed the room and amenities. We look forward to your return.

Kind regards,