“Best Hotel in New York”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #129 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 January 2011

We only had a weekend in New York, but this hotel really made our stay. We had a fabulous room on the 36th floor with spectacular views over manhattan. The room was a fair size, with exceptional facillities; down bedding with pillow menu, fluffy towels, coffee machine and microwave, i-pod docking, tv in bathroom,etc.
In terms of location it is ideal, being in the heart of soho with it's range of cafes and shops, but being easy to get up to Times Square and Central Park as wel.
Undoubtedly the best hotel I've stayed in in New York....

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2011

Dear N0rthey,
Thank you very much. I am so pleased to read that we “made your stay” and that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our neighborhood. Looking forward to your next trip across the pond!

Kind regards,
David Chase, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,174)

Reviewed 27 January 2011

A friend and I traveled to NYC to visit friends and escape LA. We were able to book an AMAZING deal on the Trump SOHO through Jet Luxury, which made so much difference since fall NYC hotel prices are through the roof. When we arrived we were greated by the friendliest staff and truly felt like the service at the hotel was through the roof. Not to mention the rooms are super chic and the location can't be beat for shopping, going out and dining. We had the best time and, honestly, dont know if I will be able to stay anywhere else. Oh - and to top it all off we saw Rachel Zoe in the lobby! In good company!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Dear LBeez,
Thank you very much. I am delighted that we were able to make your getaway so special and that you felt the team was so welcoming and friendly. We hope you will escape from LA and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2011

We recently spent the weekend in NYC and found the Trump SoHo to be fabulous. The location was great...we could always spot the hotel while walking through the streets of NYC. The hotel staff were very, very nice, always greeted us with a smile; front staff, concierge, door men - always helpful and gracious. The rooms were a nice size and very clean - no worries. Made our weekend away so much more special. The champagne in the lobby was a nice touch. Thank you.

Dear Mapandus,

Thank you! I am so pleased that you had such a great stay with us. We appreciate your kind words about the level of service you experienced. We look forward to your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

PROS: This hotel is beautiful. We love the Soho area and it was great - close to all the shops and good eats. The concierge desk was amazing and gave us great recommendations for places to eat, drink and play. The complimentary champagne and fruit was a bonus! The rooms were a very nice size. Bed was VERY comfy and the bathroom was amazing. View was great. The maids were SUPER nice! Room service (we ordered every night after we got in around 3-4 am) was AMAZING. I am a vegan and they specially made my food for me. It was great. We paid a lot extra to get a floor higher up for the view and it was worth it.

CONS: There is only one. And for me, it was kind of a big deal. The guys at the door were nice - however, it was hit or miss. There was one guy who was wonderful, Eugene. We aren't "Gucci, Prada or Fendi wearing" people so when we walked up, they looked at us like we didn't belong. I mean, we weren't dressed like homeless people either but, dude! Just normal jeans and hoodie types of people...They didn't say hello or open the door. We were in and out quite a bit and again, nothing. One night we decided to go to the "club" or bar or whatever it is that's attached to the hotel - here's the kicker, there was 5 of them and we stood there behind the velvet ropes (we were dressed up, not looking like schleps or anything) and one guy opened the ropes. Then, we are surrounded by 5 guys and MY BOYFRIEND HAD TO OPEN THE DOOR TO THE CLUB! We even asked them, "are we allowed in?" and they looked at us like we were aliens and were like, "yeah." Seriously? Then we went in and the service in there was disgustingly horrible - we left and cruised to a bar down the street and were treated very nicely.

Again, the hotel was beautiful - but the service was hit or miss......

Love the location so I would recommend to a friend however, I don't think I would go back. I had better service at a boutique hotel in midtown. We visit NYC at least 2 times a year...for what you pay for you would expect to be treated VERY nicely.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candy311

Dear Candy311,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at the hotel overall and felt that concierge, housekeeping and in-room dining made your time in NYC special. I will share your kind words with Eugene at Front Desk. I am sorry that you felt that parts of your stay were less than perfect. I will follow-up with the staff at Kastel. Consistency of service on a daily basis is something that we strive for. We hope you will consider the many positive aspects of your stay when choosing a hotel in NYC again. To that end, I would welcome having a conversation with you off-line so that we may speak in further detail. You may reach me at 212-842-5500.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

The bed in our "deluxe King" room was like sleeping on a cloud. At home, I have high thread-count linens, a featherbed, a duvet--but this was even better. Great robes, great towels. Large bathroom with good light (picture window over soaking tub made for super bathtime views when the city lights cam on.) Super location for subway or walking.

The biggest negative for us was the lack of a bathroom door--a nightime trip to the bathroom meant the light could be seen from the bedroom. The door to the toilet room was partial, so all the sounds were shared. given the attention to every other design detail, I was surprised at this. If they can put a flat screen TV between the bath sinks, they should be able to figure out a bathroom door.

Espresso machine and mini-microwave were nice, but no provisions for tea or mugs (just tiny espresso cups.) Lights a little hard to figure out (turns out 3 bulbs were burnt out) but my distress calls were answered quickly, politely, and competently. Small issues.

Most of the concierge team were great--good suggestions and directions. One man, not so much--he said there wasn't a way to get to the Brooklyn Museum on the subway (hello, there is a stop called "Brooklyn Museum" on the Red Line.) Maybe what he meant was that his usual clientele didn't take public transportation!!

1  Thank lisa222

Dear lisa222,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the in-room amenities and cloud-like beds. We do have rooms available with bathroom doors and can arrange that for your next stay. Thank you for your understanding on the issues you mentioned. I am glad the Concierge team was able to provide good suggestions and I will follow-up with them about subway accessibility to the Brooklyn Museum. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2011

Everything about my stay at the Trump SoHo was exceptional; the service, the room, the ammenities, the location, the food at the hotel restaurant. I spent two nights at the hotel and enjoyed every minute. The rooms were spotless and a bed you dream about. Every hotel employee was kind and extremely helpful.
I highly recommend the Trump SoHo to anyone visiting NYC or an company/organization planning a conference, etc.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Dear dgr1,

Thank you very much. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, amenities and your experience in Quattro. We truly appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2011

Nice Hotel, good location can walk to all shopping in Soho, Quiet and not very congested.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Dear tarabunny89,

Thank you very much. We look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,