“Third Time is a Charm”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Third Time is a Charm”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Actually, we've loved all four of the stays we've had at the Eventi in the past year, but the December trip was quite wonderful, with it's hot chocolate and holiday decorations in the lobby, cheery staff, and great views. Originally reviewed in the summer just after the hotel opened, we are glad to report the hotel has continued it's upkeep, the staff is as friendly as ever (do they send out a memo with our dog's picture on it or does everyone REALLY remember his name from stay to stay :-), and the location is pretty fantastic. We return on labor day weekend at the end of August, and look forward to another relaxing stay. In December we tried a late nightcap at the uber-sleek upstairs bar, where I could mortgage my house for a martini, but that is status quo in Manhattan (as it is here in DC). The drinks were phenomenol, the red reverberating color made me think I was in Berlin (as did the techno beat throbbing in the background.) We also loved the little food kiosk place that opened since our first stay. Not fancy, but served it's purpose for a quick snack or salad. We enjoy our new home away from home in Manhattan and hope to find everything in good stead when we return.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New England
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Was in NYC with my sister and mother to see a show. The Eventi was close to Penn Station and convenient to the restaurant and theater. Very accommodating staff at check-in, gave us complimentary upgrade. The hotel is sleek, clean and well appointed. Rooms are not enormous (this is NYC after all) but very comfortable and the bathroom was wonderful. Complimentary wine in the evening and coffee in the morning. This is the second time I have stayed there and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask about an upgrade, of course.
Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Dear JanieD,

Thank you for your great comments. I am very happy that you especially enjoyed our design, complimentary coffee, and wine hour. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for sharing a great tip.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at Kimpton hotel in San Francisco. Had such a good time that I decided to book Kimpton for this trip. I wanted something special because it was my 10th anniversary.
I chose Eventi because it is more central than Ink 48 (both Kimpton in NYC).
Let me tell you! I had the best time ever. You should stay there!!!
Every detail was better than expected.
The room had great views with floor to ceiling windows. From my room at the 22nd floor on the east side you could see beautiful moonrise and incredible view of the Empire State building.
The room has very nice beds and bathroom with cool showers.
The service was wonderful.
Every single employ was polite, educated and nice.
Members of Kimpton “In Touch” program get free Internet and U$ 15 of the minibar. And because I mentioned at reservation that it was my Anniversary we were welcomed with sparkling wine and strawberry.
We asked the concierge where we could rent some bikes and what a surprise: the hotel has free bikes for its guests (with helmets and locks, one bike had bad brakes but I am sure it will be repaired). So my wife and me biked across the Brooklyn Bridge. A U$ 100 value for free.
The hotel has (as all Kimpton do) Wine Tasting hour from 5pm to 6pm at the terrace. A nice opportunity to meet some of the other guests while drinking some nice wine.
Although I try to stay at different hotels to know new places, it will be hard to stay anywhere else the next time in NYC.

Room Tip: East side has incredible view of the Empire State building.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This hotel was wonderful in every aspect of the word!! It was centrally located (2 blocks from Madison Square Garden & 3 1/2 from Times Square), the beds were very comfortable, the rooms were very large, and the staff was incredibly helpful. Every time I called down to the front desk or concierge they handled my inquiries with great urgency and treated me as though I was their only guest. Amazing job everyone on the Eventi staff. We'll definitely be staying here when we return to NYC in the winter. Thanks again:)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear Angiebeans03,

Thank you for this fantastic review! It is reviews like yours that keep us motivated. I am pleased that you enjoyed our room and the service offered. I look forward to seeing you again soon and making your stay extraordinary.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Kimpton Hotels have a reputation for having small rooms, but this one had a pretty decently-sized room and a HUGE bathroom. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't gigantic, but it had plenty of room for my Wife and I to stay for 3 nights.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful; we stayed here for our honeymoon and were greeted with a chilling bottle of champagne and some fresh fruit. Very nice.

The room itself was very modern, clean, and well appointed. It had floor-to-cieling windows and a great view of the city.

The hotel has a large balcony area on the 5th/6th floor which is surprisingly relaxing and a great feature when you are tired of a zillion crazy New Yorkers.

The location is pretty convenient to a lot of places, including subway lines.

The price is decent for NYC; we've certainly paid more and gotten way less, but it's not super cheap.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
DearDavetron5000,

Thank you for this great review! I am delighted that you chose us to celebrate your honeymoon and that your stay was enjoyable. I am especially happy that you were delighted with the special treat placed in your room, as well as, the design of the room and the terrace. I would like to encourage you to join theKimpton InTouch Guest Loyalty program, where you can receive personalized stays, a Raid the Mini Bar card, recognition, rewards, exclusive offers, and so much more! Plus it’s free! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Definitely enjoyed staying here. Was in a great location for walking-many stores, including Macy's - was only a short walk away. Room was a good size and very clean. Bathroom was large. Had great service from the hotel staff as well. Would definitely stay here again, as well as recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear MI Trip Girl,

Thank you for this great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am especially happy that you enjoyed the service offered and the size of the room. I would like to encourage you, if you have not already, to become a Kimpton InTouch Member, where you can receive special discounts and personalized stays. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Paris, France
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I spent a long weekend at the Eventi with my spouse in a superior King - room 1418. Is was a corner room with city view. We arrived early and they allowed us to check in early. The room was spacious, the bed perfect. I was a little surprised at how fixings in the bathroom and the furniture was all banged up. For a luxury 4*, it was unfortunate that they don't provide complementary slippers, and trying to sell me sox for $15 was a bit weird! In the room they have designer bottled water which is over the top expensive! The bathrobe was nice. The wireless Internet is free, if you sign up for their points plan and it's fast. The hotel is in a super location. The reception personnel were sheer pleasure and their car service to the airport was excellent (Germaine was super!). I appreciated the complementary refreshing water available at reception, but it was too bad that the hotel doesn't offer coffee/tea-making facility in room. First thing in the morning the last thing you want to do is get all dressed up to go to the lobby to grab a coffee... While I'm sure that the daily evening wine reception would be nice, it was always way too early for us... All in all, however, we appreciated our stay and the attention we received.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Dear Rivoruss,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed our bed, free internet access as a Kimpton InTouch Member, and the car service provided. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the room provided and the location of our hotel. However, I regret that you were displeased with the timing of our wine hour and the lack of coffee/tea kettles in the room. We do offer coffee/tea makers upon request. Please let us know if you visit again so that we can have this amenity set up in your room. I hope that you would give us another opportunity to make this up to you. I look forward to seeing you again soon.