“Nice Hotel, Great amenities, Close to everything”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Hotel, Great amenities, Close to everything”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The Eventi is the second Kimpton hotel that we have stayed at. The first was 70 Park Ave, which is a slightly different style of hotel, but no less friendly, with great amenities.
The room we stayed in at the Eventi was the King with city view. The washroom was a nice marble floored and tiled room. The only issue was that the floor was quite slippery. Due to the design of the shower, which is open to the rest of the bathroom, water tends to get pretty much all over the bathroom if you are a messy showerer!
The rooms were clean beds were well appointed with nice linens, double curtains, individual climate control (a little noisy) and the lighting was variable and well done.
Otherwise everything worked, and there were nice italian bath products provided.
All the basic amenities were provided, including robes and a generous closet, safe and fridge. There is nowhere other than the bed and one chair to sit, so this definitely isn't a room to be hanging out in, but New York is not a place to hang out in your hotel room anyway!
The location at 6th ave and 35th street is a few blocks from Penn Station and not far from any subway or bus. Shopping is limited around the area but since it's Manhattan nothing is very far away.
The FoodParc restaurant on the ground floor is very handy and has a great variety of different types of cuisine at reasonable prices. There are lots of other food options in the area. The in hotel Spanish BarBasque restaurant is excellent as well. One of the best in hotel restaurants that we have experienced. There was a summer prix fixe menu on when we were there in August which was excellent value. Some may find the prices high, but the food was delicious and well prepared with decent portion sizes. The staff was very friendly and helpful with our 2 year old too!
We didn't use the business centre or the fitness centre so we can't attest to the amenities there.
I would definitely recommend the Kimpton to anyone, especially those looking for a premium hotel in NYC.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear YYZDesign,

Thank you for this great review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the design of our hotel, ideal location, and restaurants. We are currently working on the air conditioning system to make it a little less noisy. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have an Eventiful Day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I was just at the Eventi with my family and we all had a great time. My 6 year old declared it to be a very family-friendly hotel. They had special backpacks and coloring books for my kids at check-in and kid-sized bathrobes in the room. The Eventi has a big screen (about one story tall) in the courtyard behind the hotel and Tuesday night was movie night. We all watched E.T. for free in the warm summer air.

I can also recommend the spa. Shawnta gave me an amazing massage that got all the kinks out of my neck. All the staff were really friendly and helpful. Kurt showed us around our room and one of the concierges, Nika, gave us a special pass that allowed us to jump to the front of the ticket line and get a special gift (which was three big postcards) at the Empire State Building.

The beds were super comfortable. The HD TV was great. I loved the floor to ceiling window. The rain shower head in the bathroom was awesome.

There's a free wine hour from 5-6 and (when the weather is good) it is on the 5th floor veranda, which is a beautiful, comfortable, and fun place to hang out. There's also Sangria and lemonade, if you don't want wine.

The "Food Parc" next door is good. They have super big pancakes, which made the kids happy at breakfast. It's is sort of like a fancy food court and sort of like a cafeteria. It's casual and the food is healthy, yummy and quick, which makes for a welcome change from eating slices of pizza on the go.

I've got nothing bad to say and I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'm a Kimpton fan and this might be my favourite.

Room Tip: Higher up will give you a great view of either the Empire State Building or downtown, depending on w...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Hankpop,

Thank you for this fantastic review! It is reviews like yours that make me even more proud to be a part of this company and work with such great people. I am happy that you enjoyed our little gifts at check – in, movie night, super comfy bed, evening wine hour and Food Parc. I will certainly pass on your appreciation to Nika. I look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Winsted, Ct
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed three nights at the Eventi Hotel with her two dogs. The room was lovely. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding was luxurious. The location very convenient. The staff was welcoming and helpful. We loved the wine hour in the early evening and the coffee in the morning. Valet parking was provided and the charge was competitive with neighboring garages. I can not think of one negative thing to say. It was a wonderful experience and we shall be back!

Room Tip: We especially liked our corner room. Huge windows and lots of natural light.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear DonnaWinstead_CT,

Thank you for this great review. I am so pleased that you, your daughter, and her dogs had such a wonderful experience with us. I’m delighted that you enjoyed our luxurious bedding, convenient location, exceptional staff, and our guest favorite, the evening wine hour. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Florida

Dear Shannon and Thomas,

The Eventi makes its guests feel like family, and its staff exemplify professionalism.

I can't thank you enough! You and the hotel staff have taken such good care of me. I just adore Jocelyn, Caitlyn, Colby, and Dwayne. They are superb. Great examples of Kimpton customer service!

Dear Sheri 12,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!! This review has certainly made my day and I’m sure it will do the same for Shannon and Thomas. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our stay with us and that Jocelyn, Caitlyn, Kolby, and Dwayne helped to make your stay exceptional and I will relay your appreciation. We loved having you as a client and we look forward to your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Outstanding service, contemporary surroundings and clean. Minimalist style and reasonably priced for a New York midtown/flower district hotel. Close to subways and Penn Station. Cheap 'Foodparc' for breakfast next door also. We even had a bed-bug check by a hotel beagle!....which didn't reveal any bugs. If I had to say anything, a minor irritation was that the service was sooooo attentive, even when we put the 'do not disturb' light on, we had a number of housekeeping knocks, phone calls and turn-down service requests from hotel staff. All good though. Highly recommended and will be looking to stay in other Kimpton hotels in future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Muzzmania
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Dear Muzzmania,

Thank you for this great review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our ideal location, Food Parc, and exceptional service. However, I do regret that you were disturbed during your stay. We will be making the necessary changes to ensure that this does not happen again. I look forward to seeing you again soon at our property or at any of our sister properties.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 20 August 2011

City view King room deluxe was smaller than I thought but overall cleanliness is very good and bed is very comfortable

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1603, view was pretty good but my colleague had the room on the opposite side also...
1 Thank Bcychui
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear Bernadette Chui,

Thank you for this great review. I am happy that you enjoyed our comfortable bed and level of cleanliness. I would like to encourage you, if you have not already, to become a Kimpton InTouch Member where you will be able to receive recognition, rewards, free internet, exclusive e-offers, and so much more. And the best part?! It’s free! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have an Eventi ful Day!
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed here for four nights. Kimpton hotels are known for top-notch service and the Eventi does not disappoint. The customer service here is, simply put, outstanding. Every staff member goes out of his or her way to ensure an excellent stay. They greet you at the door, at the desk and at the elevator, which adds a level of security as well that is reassuring. Wine reception is a lovely treat and we loved sitting with our wine on the verandah with a view of the Empire State Building. Very civilized! The rooms are gorgeous with cool, modern touches, great art and a sweet shower. First class all around. Location is perfect. We walked to Times Square, Greenwich Village and Chelsea Market, no problem. We will stay here again and we will recommend it to everyone we know traveling to NYC. Become an Kimpton member and enjoy the perks. Like them on Facebook for other bonuses. Love the Eventi and love the Kimpton chain!

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Kitkatos123,

Thank you for this great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here us and that you were especially pleased with our outstanding customer service, our wine hour, spectacular views, and great location. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for being a Kimpton Intouch Member.