“Great location in New York!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Hotel Eventi

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #45 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scotts Valley, California
“Great location in New York!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed here for a week and were extremely confortable. The hotel is new and very clean. The rooms and bathroom were spacious. We were on 27th floor and noise wasn't an issue up that high. It's 3 blocks from Penn Station which worked great for using trains from JFK and not having to spend money on taxis. And we had friends to visit in New Jersey so it was very convenient for us. Its also was close to the Empire State Building. Its about a 15 min train ride to the lower east side, greenwich village. We didn't get a chance to eat at the hotels reastaurant but we did run down to the small market/cafe that served a variety of food for breakfast, lunch & dinner. All hotel staff were extremely nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here next time I'm in New York.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 25 September 2011
Dear Jenznomi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay!
I'm so glad you found our location to be convenient, and that you enjoyed our rooms and friendly service.

Hope to welcoming you back soon to Eventi!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (962)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

As New York hotels go, this is far from being over-priced and it's modestly comfortable. Beyond that, there is little to recommend it.

The bed was comfortable enough, the housekeeping rather patchy (two huge palm prints remained on the window throughout) and the room lighting was rather inadequate. We had booked a suite, their most expensive option - and yet, where one would normally expect to find the complementary spring water stood two bottles priced at $5 and $7.

While perfectly tolerable, New York City has far more interesting options which I suggest you explore if utter mediocrity is not your thing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MacSasha
Dear MacSasha,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy that you found Eventi to be a good value.
We are making changes with our lighting in order to make it more adequate. Your feedback regarding housekeeping is very helpful to me and it will be addressed immediately. Please do accept my apologies.
If you decide to give us a second changed please contact me directly.

Thank you.
Wasington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

Typical of a Kimpton, the place was somewhere between fancy and casual, somewhere between expensive and reasonable, and somewhere between upscale and average. Plusses for cleanliness, the service and staff, and the niceties (like the bedding and the pretty bathroom fixtures). Minus for a slightly high price compared to other lower Manhattan places--maybe I just picked a bad time to go. I wasn't thrilled with the location, but I was there for night-time outings to restaurants and bars (it's just a block east of Madison Square Garden).

Room Tip: East side gets you a nice very of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Arachnphi,

Thank you for your review.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel, and our friendly staff.
September is a very busy month with high demand and high rates for all hotels in NYC. If you are not a Kimpton InTouch Member, I recommend signing up so you could get great deals and promotions for our hotels.

I look forward to seeing you again.
Montreal, QC (Canada)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

This is the perfect hotel for anyone wishing to treat their girlfriend to a special weekend (birthday, engagement, etc.). Allow me to describe why:

1) The staff at the Eventi was both very courteous and friendly. I had alerted them in advance that I would be arriving from Montreal to celebrate my girlfriend's b-day. When we arrived at the front desk, Omar wished my girlfriend a happy birthday before we even exchanged one word. Omar, you are the best. Your timing couldn't have been better! Second, on that same evening, we were greeted in our room by a gentleman who brought two champagne glasses, a box of chocolates, and a nice bottle of bubbly. No, not the cheap kind either. Did I mention that he also brought a beautifully enveloped letter with b-day wishes? Needless to say, this was extremely appreciated. Finally, Omar was kind enough to upgrade us to the 22nd floor overlooking the city...absolute bliss.

2) The hotel's amenities were top-notch (Etro soaps, gels, and hair products; nice gym facilities with the latest cardio machines) as was the complementary wine hour on the terrace, the latter which is on the 5th floor, beautifully furnished and giving gorgeous views of the city (incl. Empire State Bldg). Hipness factor indeed.

3) Location: The hotel is centrally located and every cool neighborhood is easily accessible by foot or subway (on 28th Street).

I hope that potential travelers will find this review useful. I will no doubt return to a Kimpton hotel and urge others to do so. You will not regret it!

Kimpton InTouch Member 100816601

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear Yanni0324,

Thank you so much for your amazing review!
I'm so happy that you had a great weekend with us. I have shared your feedback with Omar, we are so lucky to have him in our team.

I hope to see you again soon at Eventi!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

This hotel is lovely. I recently returned from a 2 night business trip, and quite seriously the Eventi was the best part of my trip. It's gorgeous, impeccably clean, and the staff are very nice. Also the bed was unbelievably comfortable. Go!

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Bikramgirl,

Thank you for your lovely review! We really appreciate your positive feedback.

Hope to see you again soon at Eventi.
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I recently spent 4 nights at the Eventi Hotel in NY. I found this design hotel conveniently located-easily accessing my midtown meetings, tourist atractions and trendy restaurant neighbourhoods in short taxi rides. My room was large, clean, modern and well-equipped.
The decor is modern, stylish and engaging. The staff, helpful and friendly. The price very reasonable, especially for NY standards. I found it to be very good value and would definetly return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Aabg,

Thank you for your positive feedback.
I am extremely happy that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our rooms, decor and friendly staff.
We would love to see you again at Eventi!
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Just back from a 3 night stay (Sept 15-18). What a beautiful hotel. The room was great, the staff were all very helpful and friendly and the location can't be beat (2 blocks from Penn Station and central to everything). Take a walk over the the High Line (about 4 or 5 blocks) and experience a great urban NYC path/park above the city. Walk a short distance and experience Eataly. Amazing food and dining. Jump on the subway close by and get anywhere quickly or cab it from this central spot. Wine hour on the hotel patio is great.
Also, no bedbugs. Very clean. Checked all the reports/sites.
Well done Eventi.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear David S,

I cannot express how grateful we are about your review!
Thank you for pointing out our great location and the fact that our hotel is super clean.

Please let me know if you are planning a next trip to NYC, I would love to welcome you back!