“Great Hotel & Service”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #49 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The staff was great! Thanks Omar and team, we will be back. From the time we arrived from a hectic trip into the city, everything was great, easy, and helpful. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2011

Dear Daddybobo,

We really appreciate your fantastic feedback.
Thank you for recognizing our great staff and especially Omar who loves to go above and beyond for our guests.

Hope to see you again at Eventi!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,540)

Reviewed 28 September 2011

This hotel goes above and beyond to make their guests happy. Everyone from the front desk to the receptionist who took my room service order were very kind, helpful and pleasant. My room was great and the hotel is in an awesome location (very close to Madison Square Garden). They also have a complimentary wine hour :) I will definitely be coming back.

Dear joetsig,

I'm so glad you had a great stay with us.
Thank you for your great comments, they will be shared with our staff.

Hope to see you again at Eventi!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were very much looking forward to our 7 night stay after the reviews on TA (we stayed early Sept). However the hotel did not live up to expectations; hence my ramble below. Good: kimpton in touch program (free wifi; $15 minibar voucher); location (easy access to transport and Macy's/shops, good restaurant options around, convenience stores nearby, food parc downstairs with good outdoor terrace to relax & have a beer) and comfy bed. Bad: service. From the moment we arrived late in the evening the reception was not warm - it felt put on; unlike the other 4 hotels we stayed at during this trip, the eventi staff did not say hello as we came and went even on one night when we arrived home very late and there was only us and the reception person (she never even looked up). The doormen were often chatting between them as we walked through but not to us. We were there 7 nights and were fairly recognisable with a kid in tow - I did not feel welcomed here unlike all other places we stayed at. Housekeeping was poor - I requested the turn down service for the sofa bed - it didn't happen after 2 requests so I gave up. They overlooked doing the room one day and the first response to me when I queried this was to blame me that I'd left the don't disturb on (I hadn't). Toiletries were also rationed. I asked about a laundry and was told the nearest was on 23rd - there is in fact one on the same block (30th/7th). The car to the airport didn't show - did they really book it for us? The photos on the website are a little deceiving - the rooms are smaller than expected and dark. I'm still keen on the Kimpton brand although this one did not meet their usual exccellent standard and particularly the firendliness of staff.

Room Tip: We were advised when we arrived that the executive rooms with a sofa were only on one side of the bu...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Familygdl

Dear Familygdl,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, which is extremely important to us in order to learn and improve.
Please feel free to contact me directly at talktous@eventihotel.com as I would like to apologize and get more details about your stay.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here in early September and had a great one night stay! We were celebrating our 10th Anniversary and we were given a room upgrade. When we arrived in the room there was champagne, chocolates and a personal congratulations card from the hotel. The hotel made us feel welcome and appreciated. The rooms are very modern and clean with a high degree of comfort and design. The staff was friendly and the location was great. I stay in hotels 50+ nights a year and this was one of the best stays that I have ever had! This is one of the top 5 hotels in NYC.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an incredible view if the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear WashParkD,

Thank you for choosing Eventi to celebrate your anniversary and thank you for your amazing review!
I'm so glad you felt welcome and that you liked our rooms, decor and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Eventi.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We had lovely stay here location is great room is lovely modern big for being new york. Definitely will be going back here staff were excellent especially kirk. Only stayed 4 nights wish it was longer.

Dear Deblouise,

Thank you for your great review and for recognizing Kirk!
We hope to see you again at Eventi hopefully for a longer stay than 4 nights : )

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Eventi for our wedding anniversary just to see NY and stay near Times Square. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. A little pricey, but that is comparable to the area you are in. The service was great, the rooms were exquisite, marble shower was great. They even provided us champaign and chocolates for us to celebrate our day! We looked at other hotels, and saw complaints about elevators and possible bed bugs, but none during our visit. The exercise fascility was perfect for what I need to get done daily. Its a definate recommend.

Dear return06,

Thank you for recommending our hotel and for your fantastic review!
We are glad that you had a great wedding anniversary, and that you enjoyed our fitness center, rooms and service.

We hope to see you and your wife again at Eventi!

Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed here for a week and were extremely confortable. The hotel is new and very clean. The rooms and bathroom were spacious. We were on 27th floor and noise wasn't an issue up that high. It's 3 blocks from Penn Station which worked great for using trains from JFK and not having to spend money on taxis. And we had friends to visit in New Jersey so it was very convenient for us. Its also was close to the Empire State Building. Its about a 15 min train ride to the lower east side, greenwich village. We didn't get a chance to eat at the hotels reastaurant but we did run down to the small market/cafe that served a variety of food for breakfast, lunch & dinner. All hotel staff were extremely nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here next time I'm in New York.

• Stayed: June 2011
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Dear Jenznomi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay!
I'm so glad you found our location to be convenient, and that you enjoyed our rooms and friendly service.

Hope to welcoming you back soon to Eventi!