“Perfect location, great value for nyc”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #47 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Hotel was modern and staff was welcoming. Easy walking distance to all tourist sites and subway. Beds comfortable and nice view of empire state building. Awesome wine hour.

• Stayed: December 2011
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear geschult,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review!
We are happy that you had a fantastic stay with us.

Looking forward to your return.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Everything this place was great. Service, location, decor..everything. Only suggested change would be a better coffee brand in their morning coffee service in the lobby, Caffe Vita - subpar choice. Had Stumptown Coffee at the Ace Hotel. - it rocks. Otherwise, fantastic place - I would absolutely stay at Eventi again.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Maxis18,

Thank you for your awesome review and for sharing your feedback regarding the coffee.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I just returned from a long weekend in Manhattan. I spent three nights at the Eventi and enjoyed every minute of it. The room was modern, clean and very comfortable. The bed was an excellent blend of soft yet firm, and even though I was on the sixth floor, the noise level was very low. I could very faintly hear a subway or two early in the morning but the sound level was irrelevent and kind of reminded me of listening to trains go by at a distance when I was a kid. There is a jumbotron TV screen on the wall of the building facing the hotel's restaurant which played short films almost all the time. Watching them without sound was dreamlike and defilitely enhanced the experience since I had no view to speak of. OK the cons, the oatmeal I had for breakfast was a little cooler than it should have been. Picky, picky. I ate all of it. Also, having just now read the review from a few days before by the person who received birthday champagne and cupcakes, it was my birthday the day I checked in and I got bupkus. Zip. OK, so big deal. Perhaps Kimpton may not want to be starting a precedent here, but then again maybe when I stay there next time I'll point out this review and perhaps score a cookie or something, or a free glass of wine. Oh, wait...

Room Tip: I you are a member of the Kimpton's group you get free Wifi.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Dear alan f,

Thank you for the great review and high score!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but I'm disappointed we missed your birthday, happy belated birthday! Do you mind sending me your contact information including your mailing address?

info@eventihotel.com

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Usually when I visit New York, I sleep on my sister's couch, so this was definetly an upgrade. It was for work, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to stay in such a great location and in such a nice place. The hotel itself seemed pretty new and trendy. The lobby was small, and so was my room, but the beds were very comfy and the bathroom was nice. The room was very quiet, always important when staying in Manhattan. Only had two real complaints: there were no coffee makers in the room (NOT good for an addict like me), and sometimes it was hard to figure out how to use the technology (it was 3 days before we figured out the do not disturb light button). Overall though, really good location, good service, liked the conference rooms, paid wifi in all the rooms, quiet, comfy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear lisarose,

I'm very glad to hear that you found our location convenient and that you had a good stay with us.
Please let us know next time you visit us so we could place a coffee maker in your room. Since we offer complementary coffee in the lobby, we only place coffee makers in the rooms upon request, we would be happy to do so for you.

Hope to see you again soon at Eventi!

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night in December, it was a little bit of a splurge for us. The hotel was very clean and up to date. We got there around 1pm and were able to check in early which was nice. We wished we had looked into the parking situation before valeting the car since parking was right around the corner. We were warned that getting our car back would be a long wait, which it was.

The room was great; big windows, decent size, LG flatscreen TV, comfy king bed, nice bathroom. I do have to say that we both didn't like that there was no shower door--found it cold in there since the steam couldn't build up.

My husband went downstairs around 9/9:30am on a Sunday and it was a zoo to get from the 8th floor to the lobby to grab a coffee. The three elevators were jam packed with ppl all waiting to get to the lobby. Also there was a stairwell blocked off so he couldn't walk down to the lobby.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and I found it a little noisy, I'm not use to hearing traffic at all ho...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Alissa98,

Thank you for your feedback.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay and liked our large windows in the guestrooms and our comfy beds. I'm sorry that your husband had to experience a very busy lobby on Sunday. I do hope you visit us again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My family and I just returned from a short weekend in NYC and picked this hotel because we found a good price. What a great value an wonderful stay! We arrived very early (9 a.m.) and instead of leaving our bags with the valet, as I had expected, we were immediately checked into our room. The doormen were friendly and the evening wine reception lovely. Also, we came by train and wanted to see the holiday sights, including Macy's, so the location was perfect. Our only gripe, the TV. The sound made it unusable. It was either too quiet, or blaring without changing the volume at all and you couldn't understand what people were saying. Of course, most people don't go to NYC to watch TV in their rooms, but still.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Patti M,

Thank you for sharing such a great review!
I'm glad that you enjoyed our wine hour, our convenient location and great service offered by our doorman. Thank you also for letting me know about the glitch with your TV, our engineering team is looking into this.

Hope to see you again at Eventi!

Reviewed 17 December 2011

I am a big Kimpton fan and always wanted to stay at this property since I always drove past it in a cab. I may have just been one with bad luck this time around, but I definitely don't plan on staying back here anytime soon.

Walk into the hotel - small lobby, so-so decor, small wine-bar, etc. Checked-in to very friendly staff. Received a one bedroom suite which was still very plain and small for what was paid (I'm a NYC resident). No view. Had one too many issues with my room as well (See below) and the staff was not willing to do much.

Ultimately, there are so many better hotels in NYC for the price range and experience.

Hotel issues: 1) After check-in, my key did not work and security worked 30 minutes to get my key to work 2) After settling in, I make the mistake of not putting a do-not-disturb sign on - sure enough my room actually was some kind of stop for a hotel walking tour. Not one, but 5 groups ended up trying to open my door after I called in to the front. 3) The best the hotel was able to comp me after both of these inconveniences was a $50 credit towards on property food & beverage. Unfortunately, the room service menu (especially late night) isn't the best...either is the cocktail menu and Bar Basque isn't the best place to visit. The credit went to waste since there was literally nothing to order.

Will continue to visit Kimpton properties that I love around SF and Miami but definitely not this one.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank sbajaj621
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear sbajaj621,

I thank you for your feedback.
Please feel free to call me directly at 212 564-4567 so we could coordinate your refund.

Warm Regards,