“Very nice hotel better than park avenue location”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very nice hotel better than park avenue location”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Another Kimpton winner. Nice room and great staff. On our last night, we failed to get housekeeping service even after two separate requests. But the mgr made it good Since we had prepaid through hotels.com he couldn'adjust what I had paid but comped us 2 $26 breakfasts the next a.m. Thank you Kimpton

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Dana1020,

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and comfortable rooms.
I'm glad that the oversight from housekeeping was worked out.

Hope to see you again at Eventi!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Hotel was modern and staff was welcoming. Easy walking distance to all tourist sites and subway. Beds comfortable and nice view of empire state building. Awesome wine hour.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear geschult,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review!
We are happy that you had a fantastic stay with us.

Looking forward to your return.

Warm Regards.
Seattle
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Everything this place was great. Service, location, decor..everything. Only suggested change would be a better coffee brand in their morning coffee service in the lobby, Caffe Vita - subpar choice. Had Stumptown Coffee at the Ace Hotel. - it rocks. Otherwise, fantastic place - I would absolutely stay at Eventi again.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Maxis18,

Thank you for your awesome review and for sharing your feedback regarding the coffee.

We hope to see you again soon!
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I just returned from a long weekend in Manhattan. I spent three nights at the Eventi and enjoyed every minute of it. The room was modern, clean and very comfortable. The bed was an excellent blend of soft yet firm, and even though I was on the sixth floor, the noise level was very low. I could very faintly hear a subway or two early in the morning but the sound level was irrelevent and kind of reminded me of listening to trains go by at a distance when I was a kid. There is a jumbotron TV screen on the wall of the building facing the hotel's restaurant which played short films almost all the time. Watching them without sound was dreamlike and defilitely enhanced the experience since I had no view to speak of. OK the cons, the oatmeal I had for breakfast was a little cooler than it should have been. Picky, picky. I ate all of it. Also, having just now read the review from a few days before by the person who received birthday champagne and cupcakes, it was my birthday the day I checked in and I got bupkus. Zip. OK, so big deal. Perhaps Kimpton may not want to be starting a precedent here, but then again maybe when I stay there next time I'll point out this review and perhaps score a cookie or something, or a free glass of wine. Oh, wait...

Room Tip: I you are a member of the Kimpton's group you get free Wifi.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dear alan f,

Thank you for the great review and high score!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but I'm disappointed we missed your birthday, happy belated birthday! Do you mind sending me your contact information including your mailing address?

Eugenia Simons
info@eventihotel.com
Seattle
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Usually when I visit New York, I sleep on my sister's couch, so this was definetly an upgrade. It was for work, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to stay in such a great location and in such a nice place. The hotel itself seemed pretty new and trendy. The lobby was small, and so was my room, but the beds were very comfy and the bathroom was nice. The room was very quiet, always important when staying in Manhattan. Only had two real complaints: there were no coffee makers in the room (NOT good for an addict like me), and sometimes it was hard to figure out how to use the technology (it was 3 days before we figured out the do not disturb light button). Overall though, really good location, good service, liked the conference rooms, paid wifi in all the rooms, quiet, comfy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear lisarose,

I'm very glad to hear that you found our location convenient and that you had a good stay with us.
Please let us know next time you visit us so we could place a coffee maker in your room. Since we offer complementary coffee in the lobby, we only place coffee makers in the rooms upon request, we would be happy to do so for you.

Hope to see you again soon at Eventi!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night in December, it was a little bit of a splurge for us. The hotel was very clean and up to date. We got there around 1pm and were able to check in early which was nice. We wished we had looked into the parking situation before valeting the car since parking was right around the corner. We were warned that getting our car back would be a long wait, which it was.

The room was great; big windows, decent size, LG flatscreen TV, comfy king bed, nice bathroom. I do have to say that we both didn't like that there was no shower door--found it cold in there since the steam couldn't build up.

My husband went downstairs around 9/9:30am on a Sunday and it was a zoo to get from the 8th floor to the lobby to grab a coffee. The three elevators were jam packed with ppl all waiting to get to the lobby. Also there was a stairwell blocked off so he couldn't walk down to the lobby.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and I found it a little noisy, I'm not use to hearing traffic at all ho...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Alissa98,

Thank you for your feedback.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay and liked our large windows in the guestrooms and our comfy beds. I'm sorry that your husband had to experience a very busy lobby on Sunday. I do hope you visit us again in the future.

Warm Regards,
Eugenia Simons
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My family and I just returned from a short weekend in NYC and picked this hotel because we found a good price. What a great value an wonderful stay! We arrived very early (9 a.m.) and instead of leaving our bags with the valet, as I had expected, we were immediately checked into our room. The doormen were friendly and the evening wine reception lovely. Also, we came by train and wanted to see the holiday sights, including Macy's, so the location was perfect. Our only gripe, the TV. The sound made it unusable. It was either too quiet, or blaring without changing the volume at all and you couldn't understand what people were saying. Of course, most people don't go to NYC to watch TV in their rooms, but still.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Patti M,

Thank you for sharing such a great review!
I'm glad that you enjoyed our wine hour, our convenient location and great service offered by our doorman. Thank you also for letting me know about the glitch with your TV, our engineering team is looking into this.

Hope to see you again at Eventi!