“Nice value luxury hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #48 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Stayed 19 to 21 December - second time visiting which says something.

Decent rooms (ask for a high floor) and nice that the windows open to get real air rather than just a/c [although NY can be noisy!!!).

Very comfortable beds.

Great toiletries from Etro.

Good easy food next door [Foodparc] and plenty of nearby availability.

Free wine hour from 5 to 6.

Decent location although not quite central for touristing.

Stay, especially if you get a good price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear DIsraeli,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers and for staying with us for a second time.

Hope you continue to visit us!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,484)

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Just returned from a trip to NYC and the Eventi. Nice, helpful people running a top-notch place. Great neighborhood for shopping, food, subway, and relatively easy walks to many of sites in Midtown and downtown on Manhattan. Rooms were larger than most places and no wait for the elevator.

Dear Tng8torgirl,

Thank you for the fantastic review and for pointing out our convenient location, great staff and comfortable rooms.

Hope to see you again soon at Eventi!

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed at the Eventi from 13-18 December. Had a great time. The hotel staff were really nice, always curteous but never 'in your face'. We were given a room on the 22nd floor with great views of the Empire State building. My husband and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and there was a bottle of champagne, chocolates and a bowl of strawberries and blueberries to welcome us in the room - a real treat after a long flight from London. The hotel location was a few blocks away from Macy's (which was cool as there was a sale on with an added 20% off on the weekend we were there). We were also within walking distance of the Clearview Cinema which is where I love to watch the latest movies which aren't out in the UK. The bed was like sleeping in a feather cocoon - it was so difficult dragging ourselves out of it every morning! My husband and I managed to make it to the wine tasting hour most nights which was a real bonus. All in all, a really great hotel. I'll definitely be making the Eveni my New York hotel of choice from now on.
Mrs K Small

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views over Manhattan
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Kungwa S,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for choosing us as your home away from home whenever you are in New York City. We would love to welcome you back at Eventi!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Another Kimpton winner. Nice room and great staff. On our last night, we failed to get housekeeping service even after two separate requests. But the mgr made it good Since we had prepaid through hotels.com he couldn'adjust what I had paid but comped us 2 $26 breakfasts the next a.m. Thank you Kimpton

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Dana1020,

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and comfortable rooms.
I'm glad that the oversight from housekeeping was worked out.

Hope to see you again at Eventi!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Hotel was modern and staff was welcoming. Easy walking distance to all tourist sites and subway. Beds comfortable and nice view of empire state building. Awesome wine hour.

Dear geschult,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review!
We are happy that you had a fantastic stay with us.

Looking forward to your return.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Everything this place was great. Service, location, decor..everything. Only suggested change would be a better coffee brand in their morning coffee service in the lobby, Caffe Vita - subpar choice. Had Stumptown Coffee at the Ace Hotel. - it rocks. Otherwise, fantastic place - I would absolutely stay at Eventi again.

Dear Maxis18,

Thank you for your awesome review and for sharing your feedback regarding the coffee.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I just returned from a long weekend in Manhattan. I spent three nights at the Eventi and enjoyed every minute of it. The room was modern, clean and very comfortable. The bed was an excellent blend of soft yet firm, and even though I was on the sixth floor, the noise level was very low. I could very faintly hear a subway or two early in the morning but the sound level was irrelevent and kind of reminded me of listening to trains go by at a distance when I was a kid. There is a jumbotron TV screen on the wall of the building facing the hotel's restaurant which played short films almost all the time. Watching them without sound was dreamlike and defilitely enhanced the experience since I had no view to speak of. OK the cons, the oatmeal I had for breakfast was a little cooler than it should have been. Picky, picky. I ate all of it. Also, having just now read the review from a few days before by the person who received birthday champagne and cupcakes, it was my birthday the day I checked in and I got bupkus. Zip. OK, so big deal. Perhaps Kimpton may not want to be starting a precedent here, but then again maybe when I stay there next time I'll point out this review and perhaps score a cookie or something, or a free glass of wine. Oh, wait...

Room Tip: I you are a member of the Kimpton's group you get free Wifi.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Dear alan f,

Thank you for the great review and high score!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but I'm disappointed we missed your birthday, happy belated birthday! Do you mind sending me your contact information including your mailing address?

Eugenia Simons