“Haven't even arrived yet!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I just called to reserve a room for my honeymoon. Unfortunately i couldn't get the In Touch membership working in which I had just signed up for. Upon calling the Eventi, Candace (spelling?) helped me sign up, book a room AND on top of that gave me a better rate than the ones i was finding on the website. I'm impressed with the level of customer service i was provided and i haven't even stayed yet!! Eventi, we will see you in a few days!!! Hopefully we still get to "raid the mini-bar" =) *BEFORE STAYING MAKE SURE YOU SIGN UP FOR IN TOUCH! well worth it.

Room Tip: Definitely research. The floor numbers are listed (generally not exact, i.e.; 6-12) room amenities a...

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Booked this hotel to stay at for a friend's wedding. I have stayed at various hotels in NYC from 3 to 5 star and was very content with our stay here. Cute boutique style hotel, service was great from check in to check out - the only issue with service was in regards to room service. Seems the hotel is or was going thru a transition with their F&B Dept. Room service was super slow and did not offer anything hot to eat after 10pm., menu choices were very limited. Hopefully, they will get this changed for the stay was very enjoyable. Bath towels were very hard but not going to hold it against them for the value of the room was worth the stay. Would recommend for guests staying at at $199 - $249 a night budget.

Room Tip: Room Service needs improvement & softer towels. Rooms were very quiet too!
Reviewed 26 May 2012

our first stay at this hotel was great. the rooms where modern and clean. the rooms where also big enough for our two week stay. the location was great, the hotel is in walking distance of the empire state building and times square and also of a big subway station. upon arrival we where told we had been upgraded to a cityview king room, when we entered our room we found out that we had a great view of the empire state building , so we loved our upgrade. the service in this hotel was great, we where constantly asked if everything was OK or if we needed anything. even when we had problems with our visa the front desk staff helped us with everything, they called our card company for us and eventually resolved the problem with them and us.
in conclusion we definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Eventi Hotel last weekend. The experience was amazing. I've never stayed at a luxury hotel before, and it was a wonderful experience. I'd stay there again in a flash. I felt like I was treated by every staff person like I was a queen and that my needs/requests were the most important thing in the world to the staff. Everything was very comfortable: the lobby (to sit and talk), the room, the exercise room, the rooftop where we had complementary wine one evening, everywhere. It was very convenient to Penn Station, which is how we came into New York. We had a GORGEOUS view from our room, but I guess that is just the "luck of the draw." Loved the complementary coffee/tea served downstairs in the AM, and the wine served in the late afternoon. Overall, I'd give the hotel an A+.

Room Tip: (I didn't know they had a swimming pool. I didn't know about the spa, I am assuming the spa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

A+....Thanks So Much! Our goal certainly is to make every guest feel like a queen (or king) so its great to read you felt that way. We have had a few days of rain, but looks like dry days coming up and I think we will be hosting wine hour outside...come back and join us!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

The location was terrific. We walked everyplace. The afternoon wine is also a nice touch. However, my friends were upgraded to a suite, and I supposedly was upgraded to a king bed with a city view because our rooms were not ready on time. My view was the back of buildings and a construction site. It wouldn't have been so bad but in comparison to what they did for my friends, it didn't cut it. Also, as a Kimpton member, there are supposed to be some perks like newspaper delivery (didn't come) and room location requests (didn't happen). They are undergoing a restaurant renovation but breakfast was available. It was horrible. The eggs weren't real, the coffee was cold, the service in the restaurant was terrible. So, this Kimpton doesn't have the top notch service I have received at other locations.

Room Tip: I always request rooms high up and not too close to the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jillnt6772

Jillnt6772,
Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us. It sounds like we missed some of your preferences, we are so sorry. We do truly value your business and as a Kimpton InTouch member we hope to see you again and make you love us...Have a great summer!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Did a stopover in NYC on a recent road trip with my son and stayed at Eventi. I really like Kimpton hotels and this one did not disappoint. The room was very comfy and the staff was friendly and very helpful. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

campbesa,
So great that our location worked out for you! And how cool you were able to enjoy Eventi and the city with your son. We are hoping for some beautiful weather this holiday weekend - wish you were here!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Firstly thanks to all the other Tripadvisor users whose recommendations I used to help me decide on a choice of hotel for our leisure break. I got a really good deal on the Eventi through Hotels.com and was thrilled with hotel. The customer service was exceptional from the moment we stepped through the door. I absolutely loved the decor, it had a cool contemporary vibe. We took advantage of the complementary wine each evening and enjoyed chatting to other guests about the sights.
Immediately after checking in (and sampling the wine) and over-excited at being in my favourite city I decided it would be a good idea for my husband and I to walk 25 blocks down to the West Village so I donned a dress and some killer heels for the night. What's wrong with that plan? The fact we'd just had a long flight from the UK and my swollen feet. 3 hours later I was in agony with huge blisters and the next morning thought our trip was ruined because I literally couldn't put down one foot. The Eventi came to the rescue. My husband mentioned it to concierge and up to the room came this fabulous wheelchair. The doormen sorted taxis and off we went to explore all Manhattan had to offer. A few days later I was able to hobble around so we dispensed with the chair.
Thank you so much Eventi you saved the day!
Oh and by the way we had a fabulous view of the Empire State Building from our room which was also beautifully appointed!

Room Tip: The higher the better in NYC