“Perfect.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Easton, Maryland
“Perfect.”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We recently came with some friends to the Big A to have a little fun and go the U.S. Open. At Eventi, the rooms were comfortable, quiet, and chic. The staff was very courteous and helpful. An unexpected bonus was a large screen at the hotel. From the 2nd floor bar and restaurant, we enjoyed some U.S. open matches and tasted some seriously good drinks. The Georgian and Cosmos come to mind. And, it's hard to criticize the free wine from 5-6pm!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank volkanGI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2012

After a lot of great stays at Kimptons across the country we were really hoping the Eventi would really be their flagship in quality and service. I'm glad to say the Eventi really lived up to everything we could hope for.

I didn't pick the Eventi for it's location, but when I was looking on how to get to the hotel, I may as well have chosen it for it's great location. The best part is it is literally 2 blocks from Penn Station, so no need to grab a cab or hop on the subway after Amtrak. Also means it's easy to catch just about any train to the rest of the city. During this visit to New York we had to do some shopping in the garment district and the Eventi was also just a quick walk over.

Once we made it to the hotel, we were quickly greeted by Stephen at the front desk. He was amazing. He was excited to hear about how we were doing and really was glad to hear us use the magic code word for the summer. Each time we came and went during our stay, when he was at the desk, he greeted us and asked us how we were doing. We really enjoyed having Stephen there to help us out and it really felt like he cared about making sure we had a great stay. At checkout the gentleman at the front desk was also great. He double checked to make sure we enjoyed our stay and made check out super quick. At both check out and check in I was thanked for my loyalty as an IC member, which is always a nice, simple touch. To go along with that simple touch, came an amazing set of welcome amenities. We got a great bottle of wine, delicious snacks and to top it off, we even got a bottle of champagne. This was really great after a long day of work and traveling to the hotel.

I had booked a Premier One Bedroom Suite and really didn't expect an upgrade as the only upgrades were named specialty suites, but I don't think I could have wanted much more from our room. We were given a suite on the top floor and while we didn't have the exciting Empire State Building view, it was still great to be so high up and look down on the other buildings. The room itself was set up really well. There was a long entrance way, which put us away from the hall and helped keep the bedroom quiet and that's always nice. The room is full of darker wood and furniture. It all worked very well together with the lighting and simple art pieces. One thing my girlfriend really liked were all the nice reading lamps on the bed and chair. And one thing I really liked is that it was a real suite. None of that executive room with a sofa dividing the space and calling it a suite. The living room was separated from the bedroom with a solid door, which just added to making the bedroom quiet. All over the suite there were plenty of outlets. I really like the outlets that Kimptons are adding next to the beds and the Eventi has this set up in a very classy fashion, built right into the bedside tables.

The bathroom was spacious, especially considering we were in NYC. The toilet had it's own little room, which is also always a nice design feature. The bathroom is full of marble and was well lit, making getting ready in the morning and evening easy for both of us. The only very minor complaint is that the shower was a bit small. This is probably due to sharing some space with the bath, but it was all set up very nicely. Overall it may not be the best bathroom we've ever had, but was easily one of the best in NYC.

The entire hotel was very clean, which is not surprising for a Kimpton. One really nice part about the cleaning at the Eventi was the housekeeper left us a little note thanking us for the tip and for staying at the Eventi.

Like usual for a weekend stay we enjoyed some in room breakfast one morning. Ordering was easy and it arrived a little before they said it would. The person who brought our breakfast was friendly and handled our small problem perfectly. The eggs on my girlfriend's order did not come as ordered and he immediately went to fix it and came back up after just a few minutes.

Overall the Eventi really seemed to take all that Kimptons stand for and do it perfectly. Every staff member seemed like they honestly wanted to help us and make our stay great. It's obvious that Kimpton is really empowering their employees to have the freedom to provide their guests with a great experience. There is no doubt in my mind that we'll be staying at the Eventi next time we're in NYC.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and enjoy the view!
1 Thank Mark H
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The Eventi is a beautifully furnished modern hotel. The wine hour was more than wonderful. I usually skip the Kimpton wine hours, but the sangria's here were amazing.

The rooms are well furnished and decorated. We stayed in Executive One bedroom suites on the 12 and 18th floor. The suite itself was spacious for NYC standards. We didn't have much of a view but I understand some guests get to see the Empire State building. The most amazing part of the hotel room was that it was QUIET. So quiet that I could sleep without ear plugs or a white noise machine. The only thing I would have to say is that the closet space in the suite was less than desirable. The bed and sofas were very comfortable. The decor in the rooms are unique and organic with plenty of light from the windows.

We checked in a little after noon and there was only one front desk staff and 8 couples/families in line ahead of us. It made me immediately think the hotel was understaffed, so I was prepared to cut their service some slack...

The water in the lobby was empty 8 out of the 10 times I'd walk by to get a glass. The service was hit or miss, more often you get the expected Kimpton cheerfulness and sometimes you get the NYC attitude. If you called guest services for anything, it would take 30-45 minutes, even for ice. Housecleaning wasn't the best, there was always strange things on the floor. For example, the blonde hairballs in the bathroom. I have black hair.

I would definitely stay here again because I love Kimpton hotels and I really enjoyed the hotel. As an in-touch member you get $15 off the mini-bar, free WiFi, and an extra smile at check-in. I think the service is something they can definitely work on, but I'm sure by the next time I'm here things will be better.

I rate the experience at 4-5 stars.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank travellotus
Winnipeg
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Plain and simple the staff at Eventi went above and beyond for us. We recently stayed there for 7 days, they upgraded us when we first arrived and after mentioning it was our honeymoon, we were greeted by champaign and treats in our room. The hotel and rooms are clean, modern and very comfortable, the beds are incredible. The staff are friendly, helpful and it doesn’t matter what time of day, they really will go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable and get you what you need.

We were extremely ill the day we were supposed to leave NYC and we had to miss our flight. The hotel was booked solid because of the long weekend, but the staff juggled everything around and made us a make-shift room for 2 extra nights. We can’t thank them enough.

The 5pm wine hour is another example of why this hotel is the perfect place to stay. A complimentary glass of wine on the patio is exactly what guests need after a long day of sight-seeing, before they head out for dinner. It’s a small thing that means a great deal, we enjoyed it thoroughly. There is a really cool restaurant that opened right beside the hotel (Brighton ), it opens up onto a grand outdoor space that during Hestler Nights (Thursday’s I think) was a lot of fun. They also had a movie night in their screening room, the options are really endless and innovative at Eventi.

The hotel's location is great, close to subways and shopping, we found it easy to get to any area walking or by subway, it never took too long.

The only issue, and this is a stretch, is that room service can be slow, and sometimes needs a second call before they come.

Sue and Gabrielle, you are all amazing and made our trip so comfortable, a special thank you to you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed for 3 days recently and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a Junior suite with my girlfriend. However, although the space was beautiful, I almost would have preferred to be back in a normal large room. The sliding door between the bedroom and living room rattled when closed & there was a breeze...when NYC is 90-100 degrees, my AC is on...so every time the fan kicked in, the door rattled. Both my GF and I were awoken multiple times in the night because of it and only figured what it was the last day. Second, I don't know the property age, but the flip lock on the door fell out on the 1st day...it was another rattle source as air coming under the front door caused that door to move too. However staff & food were perfect.

Dallas
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over this past Labor Day weekend and could not have been happier. Fabulous shower with a rainforest shower head that is mounted to the ceiling makes for a very invigorating shower..even has a teak bech that you can sit on while in shower. Fabulous mattress and pillows. The staff could not have Ben more accommodating. Great location within 15 minute walk to Times Square. Will definitely stay here again upon next visit to NYC.

Easton, Maryland
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Easy walk from Penn Station,good size room for NY and well furnished. Great shower and the view from 22nd floor East was great for beginning and ending of day. "Boardwalk beach" food and drink shops on ground level with plaza and GIANT TV on facing building made keeping up with the US Open easy. Also bar/terrace facing same TV on 2 was especialy good with complementary wine from 5-6.
Very pleasent, friendly and helpful staff. Coffee and ice water in lobby was perfect.
Could not have found a better place to stay than at 30th and 6th.

Room Tip: We were in a "King". Small adjustable spot lights at bed side and chair for reading.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends