“Never staying anywhere else now”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #39 of 466 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Never staying anywhere else now”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Gorgeous hotel, super chic and cool. The staff are super friendly, courteous.

The hotel is at a fabulous location with an amazing view of the Empire State Building. Really, it was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at.

I wanted to move in!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Middletown
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I went to New York on a pleasure trip and stayed at the Eventi. I had never stayed at a Klimpton Hotel before but knew the area and it was close to where we were dinning and shopping aand it looked like a nice place and had some good reviews. From the minute we walked thru the main entrance we were welcomed with a friendily smile and asked if we needed directions anyplace or what else they could do for us. The front desk staff were a pleasure to deal with. The lobby and halls were clean and well maintained which is always and indication of how the hotel is kept. The suite we had booked was more than we expected from a New York City hotel. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The linens were soft and looked new although I don't think they were.

At breakfast the next morning the food was excellent as was the service. This was a romantic getaway and although I initally thought the price was a liitle high, I now think it was worth every cent and more.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as you are in New York City and if you have a room facing the street, the noise...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Gate City, Virginia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My niece and her daughter and I stayed at the Eventi Hotel in mid-July. It was my first stay at a hotel off of Times Square. We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The hotel is quite beautiful, and clean. The rooms are good sized and the beds were great! The staff were all so friendly and helpful, I couldn't have asked for any better. We were able to go straight to our room when we arrived and on the day we left, they stored our luggage for us after we checked out until we were ready to go to Penn Station. Speaking of Penn Station, we could have walked the distance from the station to the hotel but decided not to because of the hot day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I've stayed here for more than 30+ nights since 2011! To say I love this property is an understatement! From the minute you arrive- Marco & Victoria at the front desk make sure everything is effortless. Dinner reservations? Not a problem! Nightlife recommendations? They got ya covered! And then the rooms! Easily my fav suites in NYC. Spacious, well appointed living rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms. If you've never slept in a Kimpton bed- you are truly missing out. I always request a room with a view of the Empire State- you are in NYC after all. The wine happy hour is a perfect way to unwind after a day of working out & shopping! But please-management- lose the overly sweet Moscato.. just a suggestion. Anyway- I highly recommend the Eventi! I'll be back in Dec! Can't wait !

Room Tip: Splurge and get a suite! Sooooo worth it for the extra space and enormous bathrooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cipcipriano
DC
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I will always stay at this and all Kimpton hotels. I did usually have to wait 10-30 minutes for any room service request, but even so, I loved this hotel. The wine happy hour was divine. Everyone was always so friendly as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed 6 September 2012

7 day stay in NYC, working very long hours. Hotel was clean, room just big enough, and very quiet, even on the low 10th floor. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, right down to the late night security guards. Cannot be beat for a good mid town place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We recently came with some friends to the Big A to have a little fun and go the U.S. Open. At Eventi, the rooms were comfortable, quiet, and chic. The staff was very courteous and helpful. An unexpected bonus was a large screen at the hotel. From the 2nd floor bar and restaurant, we enjoyed some U.S. open matches and tasted some seriously good drinks. The Georgian and Cosmos come to mind. And, it's hard to criticize the free wine from 5-6pm!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends