“Eventi shines again”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Eventi shines again”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We have made this hotel our home away from home on our frequent travels to NYC. And even though it is a cool landing spot, with clean lines and a techno music vibe, we do feel quite at home each and every time we visit. By now, after perhaps 10 or so visits to this hotel, we have had the opportunity to stay in a variety of rooms - all seem just a bit different, many with stunning views and those without the city views are often suites - a bonus if space is your thing. Without exception, the rooms are quiet and extraordinarily clean. We love that somehow the professionals who man (and woman) the front desk and lobby remember our tiny four legged pooch each time we visit. It is likely because he is a wild little guy, but we like to think the top notch Patrick, who often checks us in and Gabriella, who problem solves just about anything, just have outstanding memories! Do take in their happy hour on the 2nd floor, but be sure to wander up to the 5th floor terrace, even in brisk weather to catch a glimpse of 6th Avenue facing downtown at dusk - just lovely. The hotel is in a section of town that is getting better and coming back. Restaurants and shopping (the famed Macy's is just three blocks north) are often just a few blocks away - and if you're a walker, you are in a perfect location to take in mid-town, Chelsea and even mid-town east shops and dining. We love the location because it is a block from Penn Station and on a straight thoroughfare uptown or downtown. The hotel has kept its standards high since our first stay the week they opened. It sounds like they are working on getting the bar/cocktail lounge up and running - so we'll look forward to that on a future visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hip, central, welcoming stay and deals can often be found if you book well-enough in advance. We are certainly looking forward to our next stay in just a few months - can't wait!

Room Tip: If having a view is important, then by all means request that - you'll either get a city view or...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CAScott
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
CAScott-
AGAIN - thanks so much for making us your home away from home. That means so much to us, we read your review aloud today at one of our shift changes and really appreciate your feedback. Can't wait to see you and your hound again this fall!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, MD, USA
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Eventi is a clean, modern hotel on 30th and 6th Ave within walking distance of NY Penn station and Times Sq. The rooms are small, but clean and quiet. The staff are friendly and helpful. The new restaraunt, Brighton, offers reasonably priced pizza, burgers and fish in separate 'shacks'.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cookeam
cookeam,
5 outta 5! Thanks! We really appreciate you taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. You are right - all the new fun food options in Brighton are delicious, we just tasted some of the new pizzas...our favorite is the Hawaiian! See you this fall!
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Simply blown away. From check in to check out, and everything in between.

A friend and I were in town to celebrate my birthday for the weekend. The Eventi had a bottle of champagne, chilled and waiting in the room upon our arrival to start the celebration. Awesome! Later that night, we went to Club XL, where someone slipped something into my drink (NOT a fun experience!). What Eventi did for me blew me away. The club called the hotel, who sent a Town Car for me, there were several employees waiting outside for my arrival, who helped me to my room, and made sure I had everything they could offer to make me more comfortable. I never saw a bill for the car, and they checked on me in the morning to make sure I was okay. They weren't obligated to do ANY of that for me.

Not only am I blown away by how far this amazing hotel was willing to go out of their way for me, but I will be forever grateful. If you look on Trip Advisers top 25 list of the best hotels this year, 4 of the properties are Kimpton Hotels. Surprised? Not in the least! I will never, EVER, stay at a property other than Kimpton. Forever loyal. Well done Kimpton, well done :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Excellent value for money. This is the best mid range hotel I have stayed in New York. Room was spacious and clean. Staff helpful. Loved watching the US open tennis on the big screen from the outdoor bar. Hotel in good location within walking distance of many of the iconic sites of NYC.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Debs593,
Who wouldn't love to be called GREAT??? Thanks for the review and be sure to come back and see us soon. We think the BIG SCREEN PLAZA behind our hotel is a fabulous place to watch fun events, we second your opinion!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Brilliant!!! This is a VERY nice hotel, Staff is friendly and helpful, you feel welcome the moment you walk in. The hotel is gorgeous and clean, from the lobby area to the restaurant and lounge area (with outside seating) to the rooms! We enjoyed the weekday wine & cheese hour on the closed in Patio... there was a big movie screen TV across from the patio where we were able to watch Monday night football! Perfect! The staff was extremely helpful and kind, all seemed to enjoy their job. Dinner and dessert from Humphrey was delish! I also order room service breakfast (French toast in the morning) which was also good. Everything we requested we received, I asked for a quiet corner room on a high floor and I got just that (room 1817 a city view King) stayed in that room 2 nights then came back for a 3rd night because our flight was cancelled and they gave me an executive suite! (room 1412). Both rooms amazing, spotless, with a great view and that SHOWER... Very Impressive.... They give several extras such as free internet and a $15 coupon to raid the mini bar... I forgot my deodorant, called the front desk and they were knocked on my door within 5 minutes with a new stick of deodorant. It rained while we were there and they had complimentary umbrella's for us to use. I can’t think of anything negative to say! Great place for a business traveler, good location right down the street from Penn Station! No complaints, I will be back! Very pleased!

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better view! Cityview King, Floor 18 or higher! Corner rooms!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Freetoy,
WHOA - We Love You Back! Thanks so much for the glowing review and for sharing with other traveler's. We can't wait to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you this fall. Thanks again!
Rockaway
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I live in New Jersey and have been to NYC many of times; however, this was my first time every staying over night. It was recommended by my friend and I am so glad that I took his advice. The staff was absolutely great, always smiling and willing to help me in every way even getting me a taxi. The hotel is very clean and the bed was so comfortable. My view was out of this world - 16th floor. I plan on staying there again and would highly recommend Eventi.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed at the Eventi Hotel for a week while visiting my son. I booked a Premier one bedroom suite for my husband, son, and I with hopes of a relaxing stay (in between helping to move my son to a new apt). We loved the Eventi from the moment we arrived in our 23rd floor suite, where a bottle of chilled wine and cheese & fruit plate were waiting for us (thanks Patrick!).

The suite had an incredible view of the Empire State building & NYC skyline. The bathroom had double sinks, a walk-in shower, spa tub, and separate toilet area. Lots of marble everywhere. I absolutely loved the rain shower --- be sure to use it. The parlor area had a leather chair and a sleeper sofa that was comfortable for my teen. Our room was super quiet---we never heard another guest during the entire stay. The bed was so comfortable and the pillows were supportive, so I slept incredibly well during my stay.

The hotel was centrally located for us. We either walked or took taxis depending on our destination. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. We were assisted with our auto on numerous occasions during our shuffling of goods for my son's move. The staff went above and beyond to help.

I look forward to spending time at the Eventi Hotel again---I am spoiled now!

p.s. don't forget the wine reception from 5-6 pm