“Great hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany, New York
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Just recently had a single night stay at the Eventi. The hotel and room were meticulously clean and well maintained, which is always my first priority. Location is great, close to subway stops and walking distance to Penn station. Location is of course subjective in NYC, depending on where you need to be.

We stayed in a city-view king on the 18th floor. Spectacular views, our room faced east so we had an excellent view of the Empire State Building. Road noise was reasonable during the day and practically non-existent at night with the blinds drawn. HVAC noise was of course present but within a reasonable level. Room was perfectly clean, great condition, and quite sizable by city standards. Bathroom was spacious, modern and functional. My only complaint with the entire property was with the bed. I prefer a really firm mattress and this one was a bit soft for my liking. Actually seemed like the topper could use replacing. That being said we slept fine, pillows and linens were nice.

We ate breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and the food was very good. Culinary choices are plentiful in NYC but it’s nice to know that you can also get quality food without leaving the hotel. There’s also a free wine hour in the late afternoon which my wife took advantage of, she commented that it was a great opportunity to meet other travelers.

The staff were friendly and attentive. We arrived at around 11AM expecting to just drop off our luggage but they had a room available so we were able to check in immediately. The day we checked out it was raining so I asked the staff were I could get an umbrella. They said we could use the one from the room, even though we were checking out, and to just return it before we left the city. These are just little things that make the stay more enjoyable.

Great hotel, great stay, would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Western MA
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at the Eventi many times and have always been extremely happy with it. The staff are welcoming, helpful, and friendly. I'm a member of the Kimpton loyalty program and booked my stay as part of their birthday-month discount. I was pleasantly surprised to find champagne and chocolates (excellent ones!) in my room wishing me a happy birthday.
The neighborhood isn't the most interesting in NYC but it is safe enough and is very convenient to Chelsea and downtown. And being right on 6th Ave, it's also very easy to get a cab uptown. The quick taxi ride to or from Grand Central is only about $5.
One of the best things about the location is that it's only a few blocks from the High Line park, which is a great way to take a walk downtown.
The rooms are always clean and comfortable and are of generous size for New York.
Bottom line: I recommend it highly and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Whenever we stay in a major US city, we stay at a Kimpton. They are friendly, clean, comfortable, have all the convenient amenities, and great deals. Eventi in NYC was no exception, although the water was not refilled during the day, there was a free wine-based happy hour, a pleasant way to meet other travelers and to relax after a day of sightseeing, which for us, is mostly walking. This Kimpton is conveniently located. It was an easy walk to Union Square, the public library (in the opposite direction), Central Park, etc. We found our deal through Sneakaway. If you are looking for a place to stay in NY, you might want to check them out. Our bill was about half the usual price.

Room Tip: We had a lovely nighttime view of the city. I would suggest asking for an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Great boutique style hotel. Rooms were nice size for NYC. Bathrooms large, marble, with awesome shower. Very clean. Very convenient walk to/from Penn Station. Stayed one night for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Very good location.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 November 2012

One of my favorite hotel stays in awhile. The entire staff was friendly and helpful from the moment we walked in. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite and were also sent cupcakes and a bottle of champagne to say happy birthday. But that isn't why I loved the stay (it was really nice though). The rooms were very quiet, well appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom had a terrific rain shower and they offered tons of amenities. The location on 29th and 6th was ideally situated. We were able to walk all over Chelsea and had easy access to some other locations we were going to over the weekend. I never ate at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the 6th street side have a great view of empire state building.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I arrived at Hotel Eventi to do a tour of their meetings rooms with the Catering Sales Manager Darian. He provided me a lovely tour. This hotel has only been opened for 3 years so everything still looks new and well maintained. The hotel looks very stylish, modern, and chic. I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful decors and thoughtful layouts of the meeting rooms. It's definitely a great place to hold social and business events. I've been on a few tours for the last couple of months in NYC hotels and this has become my favorite. It's really a gorgeous property! The service was very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Great hotel on mid/ west side. We stayed there as a family and the hotel made a convenient and friendly base for our NYC excursions. We arrived early and were given a room right away even if our intended room wasnt ready yet. Room itself was very pleasant, large windows and light colors. Didnt feel trapped at all as in so many other NYC hotels. Windows were well insulated and kept out the noise of the city while allowing a good view (even if quite dirty). Bathroom was large, good shower pressure and nice products. Bed was both soft and comfortable which is usually a contradiction to me. We are not tv consumers by any means but noted that the hotel had a pay per view service for movies, which felt a little weird in that type of hotel. A free media library (norm in so many places) would have been better and allowed the hotel to focus on the hospitality business and not movie rental.
Gym is quite good and spacious and staff easy going but also professional.
I would recommend the hotel to any business traveler and families with children alike.

Room Tip: we had a city side room on 10th and had no complaints.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family