“The staff make this hotel what it is” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Hotel Eventi

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #45 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hanover, Massachusetts
“The staff make this hotel what it is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Don't get me wrong - the hotel is beautiful - trendy, funky, delightful. Our "premier one bedroom suite" was large by Manhattan standards, featured lots of marble in the bathroom and floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom and main parlor room. But what made this hotel special for us was the staff. O'Neil, Victoria and Kevin were particularly terrific. But everyone - from Kirk who brought in our luggage to the housekeeper who went out of her way to get me ice when I could not find a machine...well, let's just say they "get" customer service. I don't get to stay in such lovely hotels often, but when I have, the staff is not always as good as the folks at Eventi. They made our stay spectacular!

Other tips and info for those considering this hotel:
We were on the 12th floor, and yes the building creaked in high winds (50 mph one day we were there). But otherwise, I could barely hear the traffic and could not hear folks in nearby rooms - which is what usually keeps me up in city hotels. I slept like a rock the two nights we were there.

The hotel is about 5 blocks south of the Empire State Building, and even closer to Macy's. It's an easy walk to just about any subway line you may want to get to. One day O'Neil gave us a "VIP" card to the Empire State Building that let us by-pass at least an hour's worth of the line!

O'Neil was great about letting me use the front desk computer one day when I was getting frustrated by my touch screen on my iPhone. Victoria also helped me solve a related ticket printing problem.

There is no breakfast included...just complimentary tea and coffee, and a wine hour from 5-6. The chardonnay was not that good, and the only non-alcoholic beverage for my teenagers was water - a disappointment for them. The tea, however, was delightful and coffee drinkers seemed to plow through pot after pot of coffee from what I could see.

I got a "reasonably good" deal on a just-after-Christmas rate, but was unable to take advantage of the free parking offered here on Trip Advisor as a result. If you self-park in the lot under the hotel, it's $57 a day for an SUV. If you let them valet it, the price goes to $65 for an SUV. I was disappointed when I realized I was not getting free parking...O'Neil gave me a $30 credit just out of the goodness of his heart as a result.

I say "reasonably good" deal, but trust me, it was very expensive. If you have the money to spend on a place like the Eventi, do it. Make sure you ask for O'Neil. :)

Room Tip: We faced the west side - not a great view - but it was still a great room. There are 23 floors...we...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

A word about my reviews... I review luxury hotels against luxury hotels and diners against diners. I review for what they are; not what they aren't. So... It's hard to imagine in Manhattan... a hotel where the front desk staff learns your name right away... that is kind and solicitous... rooms that are spacious, quiet, well designed, comfy and not outrageously priced. An easy walk to 30th Street Station. This hotel has everything going for it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Empire State Building side have stunning views. Spring for the corner suite if it'...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed here within a few months of it opening and were very impressed that there were no apparent teething problems we have experienced in other newly opened hotels.
Our room was clean, comfortable and had amazing views of the city.
The terrace was a lovely place to relax with a complimentary glass of wine after a day pounding the sidewalks if NYC.
We would love to stay again and would put it at number one for our future trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Empire State
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

The staff at the Eventi Hotel on 6th Ave. in Manhattan, went out of there way to make our stay extraordinary! Thank you Gabriella and your staff. We had a view of the Empire State Building from our room, which really enhanced our first stay in the City. The hotel had "wine hour " from 5pm to 6pm every day and was very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed here in December for a quick NYC weekend for my boyfriend's birthday. I could not have possibly picked a better hotel for the occasion. The staff were FANTASTIC and the hotel was everything you could ever ask for- ESPECIALLY by NYC standards.

We arrived from DC at 11 in the morning and went to check in with the hopes of just dropping our bags off until official check-in time, but to our surprise, they actually already had a room ready for us! (where does this EVER happen in 4+ star hotel??). Check in was smooth, and friendly- we were upgraded to a room on a high floor with a view of the Empire State Building. Room was large- very clean, and well-equipped. Floor to ceiling windows, and we got a free "raid the mini-bar" pass for $15. (where does this EVER happen in 4+ star hotel??) A total treat.

The bed...omg the BED! So comfortable and luxurious. Bathroom was large with a spa-like feel. And did I mention the rain shower? OMG the rain shower. I need this in my life :-)
The staff sent up a complimentary bottle of wine and cupcakes for my BF to celebrate his birthday (where does this EVER happen in 4+ star hotel??). A wonderful gesture which just added to an already exceptional stay.

We went to see a show on broadway and came back just in time to catch the wine hour- which was great. A lovely lounge, great wine, with some snacks and appetizers.

I must say, I've travelled A LOT and have stayed at more hotels than I care to mention- but this experience stood out. Staff were pleasant, helpful, and went above and beyond. The hotel itself was clean, trendy and comfortable. In a day and age where you are just happy to get decent service, Kimpton brings the old school back and really makes you feel like you're getting your money's worth. I will stay here every time I come back to the city- and recommend it to any and everyone doing the same. Thank you Eventi!

Gabriella- you and your staff are to be commended. Take a bow. We'll be back for sure.
~ DrB

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Full disclosure... I am a big fan of Kimpton so I am primed to like their properties anyway. Eventi did not disappoint. My wife and I did a Manhattan baby moon trip and this was the perfect spot for us. Great staff, great location (walk to Flatiron, Rockefeller, Broadway, Times Square, Empire State, 5th ave, Central Park, subway stop is about 2 blocks north), cool room, pretty much what you expect from Kimpton.

Room Tip: the higher floors have a great view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

The service upon arrival was very good. Me and my wife arrived early, so we left our luggage and went out on shopping. When we came back to check in, we got upgraded due to our honeymoon and got a room with a view of the Empire State Building.
In the room, we were welcommed with a bottle of champagne and strawberries. The room was very nice and clean, and had more space than other New York hotels we have stayed in. As mentioned, the city view was very nice!
The location of the hotel was perfect! Close to Penn Station, and good if you want to go either way on Manhattan.

Liked most: Everything!
Liked least: Have nothing to complain about.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple