“Big Hotel with Boutique Feel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #44 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Big Hotel with Boutique Feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

From the moment we pulled up to the Eventi hotel we were impressed. Check in was a breeze, the rooms were perfect, clean, spacious for nyc, and there was even a window to partially open (try finding that in nyc), and great for some fresh December air.

The property is only about 3 years old so everything is fresh and clean, but the staff is well seasoned and professional. On par with the other Kimpton properties we have visited.

We stayed for two nights and truely enjoyed this hotel, we will go out of our way to stay here in Manhattan from now on.

Room Tip: Rooms face the Empire State Building on one side, and a massive tv screen on the other. I would rec...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank My-Life-I-Sought
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
My-Life-I-Sought,
Love it - 5 star reviews are so much fun to read! It is so great to read that you will be staying with us going forward when you hit NYC. Hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Working in the hotel industry I always hesitate in writing reviews as I tend to be quite forthcoming...

I booked the Eventi on the recommendation of a colleague based from Boston as he knew the team quite well and recommended the hotel.

So here goes...

Making the booking was by far the easiest thing to do the rate was competitive and the hotel superb for our trip.

Reception was cool, calm and welcoming and offered complimentary Tea & Coffee each morning in the lounge area which was great while waiting for a cab, or in my case my other half to get out the shower (take away cups meant I was down and back in no time)

The concierge/front desk team (and I have to mention Marco) were fantastic. Marco was most helpful as I had a suprise Christmas Present and was also proposing to my partner, in making arrangements for lunch and for helping make the room feel all christmas like. MARCO you were a super star, and I cant thank you enough.

So we had a great room 2115 with its own sitting room and whirlpool/jacuzzi bath big enough for two. The views of the city and the Empire State Building were phenomenal and really spectacular at sunrise and sunset.

Room service was quick and efficient and enjoyable on the one evening we ordered.

I really dont have anything else to say except that this hotel is great for getting around its easily walking distance to Macy's, West Village, Chelsea and so much more

Room Tip: High floor if you can and dont forget tea and coffee in the morning
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GlobalOrbitz
GlobalOrbitz,
Wow - We heard from Marco that you really enjoyed your stay, but thanks so much for sharing. It is so heartwarming to read such great reviews. Thanks so much and Happy 2013!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have never written a review - anywhere. Given that I am on the road traveling on business many days each month, I have had more than one occasion where I thought about writing about this restaurant or that hotel but never got passed the thinking stage. I stayed at the Eventi with my family over the holidays and we had our dog along. Let me just say this from the start, the staff at the hotel set the bar for service. I have never, in 20 plus years of traveling, enjoyed such great service. I have stayed at every high priced hotel imaginable around the world - Asia, Latin America, Europe and almost twice a month, in New York. The Eventi staff made us feel like we were the only people at the hotel and my kids were thrilled to be treated so genuinely well. We had a room on the 21st floor I believe and the view was perfect - Empire State Building. Keep up the great work - I will be back every chance I get. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KMNDC
KMNDC,
We are honored we are your first online review, and 5 outta 5 stars to boot! Thanks so much for sharing with us and fellow travelers. We hope to have a happy and healthy 2013!
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

stayed here for 11 days for business and personal trip. the hotel isnt located exactly in the heart of nyc, but still there r subway stations, diners, drug marts all nearby. staffs r nice, room is clean and clean. if i were to go to nyc again, i would definitely choose eventi again.
just one minor problem, i cant find mtv channel... other tha that, everything's perfect...

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
tc0411,
Who wouldn't love being called PERFECT? Thanks so much and Happy New Year! We hope to see more and more of you for years to come.
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel is a rare gem located in the heart of manhattan. Its prime location and accommodating
staff made my first NYC trip unforgettable! The service given in this hotel was impeccable throughout my stay here. As soon as my husband and i entered the lobby, we were given a friendly greeting by the front office manager, Gabriella. She is truly an asset to the Kimpton company. Gabriella went out of her to make sure our stay was as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I would highly recommend the Eventi hotel to any NYC traveler looking for a great experience!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hanover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Don't get me wrong - the hotel is beautiful - trendy, funky, delightful. Our "premier one bedroom suite" was large by Manhattan standards, featured lots of marble in the bathroom and floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom and main parlor room. But what made this hotel special for us was the staff. O'Neil, Victoria and Kevin were particularly terrific. But everyone - from Kirk who brought in our luggage to the housekeeper who went out of her way to get me ice when I could not find a machine...well, let's just say they "get" customer service. I don't get to stay in such lovely hotels often, but when I have, the staff is not always as good as the folks at Eventi. They made our stay spectacular!

Other tips and info for those considering this hotel:
We were on the 12th floor, and yes the building creaked in high winds (50 mph one day we were there). But otherwise, I could barely hear the traffic and could not hear folks in nearby rooms - which is what usually keeps me up in city hotels. I slept like a rock the two nights we were there.

The hotel is about 5 blocks south of the Empire State Building, and even closer to Macy's. It's an easy walk to just about any subway line you may want to get to. One day O'Neil gave us a "VIP" card to the Empire State Building that let us by-pass at least an hour's worth of the line!

O'Neil was great about letting me use the front desk computer one day when I was getting frustrated by my touch screen on my iPhone. Victoria also helped me solve a related ticket printing problem.

There is no breakfast included...just complimentary tea and coffee, and a wine hour from 5-6. The chardonnay was not that good, and the only non-alcoholic beverage for my teenagers was water - a disappointment for them. The tea, however, was delightful and coffee drinkers seemed to plow through pot after pot of coffee from what I could see.

I got a "reasonably good" deal on a just-after-Christmas rate, but was unable to take advantage of the free parking offered here on Trip Advisor as a result. If you self-park in the lot under the hotel, it's $57 a day for an SUV. If you let them valet it, the price goes to $65 for an SUV. I was disappointed when I realized I was not getting free parking...O'Neil gave me a $30 credit just out of the goodness of his heart as a result.

I say "reasonably good" deal, but trust me, it was very expensive. If you have the money to spend on a place like the Eventi, do it. Make sure you ask for O'Neil. :)

Room Tip: We faced the west side - not a great view - but it was still a great room. There are 23 floors...we...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

A word about my reviews... I review luxury hotels against luxury hotels and diners against diners. I review for what they are; not what they aren't. So... It's hard to imagine in Manhattan... a hotel where the front desk staff learns your name right away... that is kind and solicitous... rooms that are spacious, quiet, well designed, comfy and not outrageously priced. An easy walk to 30th Street Station. This hotel has everything going for it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Empire State Building side have stunning views. Spring for the corner suite if it'...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo