“Perfect hotel in the city”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfect hotel in the city”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at Eventi for both business and pleasure. The rooms are spacious for NYC, wonderful beds, huge bathrooms (with a great shower), nice views. we had a corner room on the 16th floor. Staff was very helpful and nice (which many in chic hotels are not). we arrived in the morning before being able to check in, and they stored our bags efficiently while we went off to meetings. Then again stored our bags at checkout as our flight wasnt until evening and we wanted to shop. Decor and design of Eventi is sleek, comfortable; and I loved the unexpected art. Their restaurant has a nice atrium style dining room. We ate a yummy lunch upon checking in, and also had a saturday continental breakfast buffet. Prices are normal for NYC, and the food excellent - fresh and tasty. Location is perfect. super close to hop on the subway to head up towards central park, or to head down towards soho. also easy to get cabs and walk to shop and eat.
theres a nice free wine reception in the evenings - though the friday night we came in from the impending blizzard they had already run out of red. Though with everyone coming in from the storm and there still having plenty of white- you cant really complain.
Seemed like a great hotel for business, for couples, and for families. There were a handful of guests with their little dogs (bc its dog friendly and I think the dog show was happening )--- but there was no noise or uncleanliness. ((and I am not and "inside dog" person ;)).
we'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
charlotte nc
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed at the Eventi Hotel for three nights while attending the Westminster Dog Show. Very nice hotel. Room had two comfortable queens beds. They offer a wine reception from 5-6pm every day, nice perk. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at quite a few hotels in NYC now and Eventi is right up there for quality for money. Welcome was wonderful, rooms are huge for NYC standards and very clean. Bathroom is huge and beds comfortable. Great location with lots close by. I'll be back again!

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 14 February 2013

After spending a weekend at Eventi in September in anticipation of attending the Global Hunger Festival in Central Park (featuring FOO FIGHTERS! among others), we've decided to invite friends to come back to stay with us. We loved the comfort, thoughtfulness and attention to detail the staff at Eventi directed toward us. Such a comfortable home away from home. We have never had a sofa bed made up in a way that I wanted to sleep on it instead of my sweet and scrawny 11 year old son. Puffs and piles of down comforters to illicit the dreams of grandma's feather bed in the mountains of the Alps with puppies and pigs sleepily snoring below. Warm chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate delivered at bed time to ensure a sweet sound sleep for my son, after a long day and evening listening to memorable music on Central Park, and a wonderfully thoughtful photo moment with Dave Grohl grabbing my son for a short chat. Kimpton is definitely my home away from home. The only hotel that makes me feel so comfortable and inviting, though, my only real experience is with the DC area hotels, I'd like to experience all the Kimptons in the New York area. We look forward to our time this weekend. Especially in light of the fact the friend i'm bringing has had many challenges in her life and deserves a little R&R.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed our stay at the Eventi. Very pleasant, helpful and efficient staff. Free wine reception every evening which is a very nice touch. No tea or coffee in rooms but free tea and coffee before 9am in the lobby. Decent location close enough to Time Square, Macy's, theatres, subway etc. although not much in the direct location just to hop out for a drink or quick meal. We dined in our room one night and the food and service were reasonable. The rooms themselves, we had two queen beds, are a fair size without being huge. Great shower and bathroom, small wardrobe, plenty of sockets and LAN points in the room, which is a bug bearer of mine. Free Internet once you join their club, and its very good reception. Overall I enjoyed our stay I would recommend and use again.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Just got back from yet another great ...weekend away at a kimpton hotel in nyc...this was our 2nd stay here ...after staying at there other hotels we couldnt wait to get back here although the other ones were great we love it here the staff is the best ..ashton,derrick and victoria are the best hotel staff ever were allreafy looking foward to our return in summer of 2013...

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013

They really must put something in the water here, because every single person I encountered was over-the-top nice. From the bellhops who helped with our luggage (12 bags) in freezing weather when we arrived to the concierge, DiPali, to the front desk clerk, Kevin, to the person who brought up contact lens fluid for me, to the housekeeping staff who left me a note after she cleaned my room. You really do feel so welcome here. The hotel is nice and clean (I've stayed here a few times) and when you come back they remember you! There's a lovely view of the Empire State Building if you're on the 6th Avenue side. Though the rooms aren't large, they're good size for Manhattan. I would highly recommend that anyone stay here. It's convenient to lots of things, near the train, you can get anywhere from here. Just a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: I've said it before , but I'd ask to be on the side where you can see the Empire State Build...