“Comfortable Accommodation honestly” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Accommodation honestly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Hi, I had a lovely stay out there. I must have to quote the comfortable rooms, cordial & caring staffs. The location was superb too and that's also against pocket pleasing cost. I would like to recommend this to all whoever wants to stay New York City.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

Booked this trip on sniqueaway.com and for the price there is no better deal. Very clean, friendly, upbeat place. The beds are extremely comfy. Location is ideal, inbetween the financial district and times square. Both areas are easily walkable.

1 Thank NickGottier
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Although the hotel is clean and the rooms are well appointed, this is not a good place to bring children. The neighborhood is marginal - a far walk to anything worth seeing, the rooms small, the mini bar is stuffed with condoms and lubricant. The service was marginal - the concierge was not too helpful and provided us with bad dining advice, the hostess sat my children in a cold remote location for breakfast and then no one took their order. Perhaps a better place for couples and not families.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ThebigEB
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
ThebigEB,
Sorry to read you didn’t find Eventi family friendly. We certainly feel like we a geared to all types of travelers, but in your case we have hula-hoops in our gym and at the front desk, board games available upon request and all kinds of interactive 3D kids games OnDemand. Sorry to read we didn't get a chance to make you aware of everything we have to offer, but we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I really like this hotel. The location has a real NYC neighborhood feel. Not a high-rent district, but close to shopping and restaurants. The hotel is modern, clean, well appointed and some rooms have great views of the Empire State Building. I've stayed here on 4 occasions and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here. The whole staff was out to serve and very helpful! Room was beautiful! More than I could ask for. Even got an upgrade. Price was great! Sat around for a while trying to make my decision on where to stay... Stumbled on this place again. Will stay here again!

Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

I decided to stay here based on all the great reviews on trip advisor and now I'm not sure i will ever trust trip advisor again! We have checked in and i am disappointed and trying to find another room in the city. This is the smallest hotel room that I have ever stayed in in NYC. Based on the price per room and we have two rooms, this is not a good value. I don't like this neighborhood and I think I would describe it as walk to Chelsea not Chelsea but I'm no expert. I had read an earlier review where a dad described cookies and warm milk for his son at bed time and I asked about the warm cookies and milk for my children as its bed time and they too would like cookies and warm milk to help them sleep. the bell man looked at my as if I had 10 heads and said that they don't offer cookies and warm milk here. i showed him the review written just a few days ago and he said he would bring us cookies too. The room is clean but I still don't understand the terrific rating in trip advisor. I hope the other reviews are legit as mine is!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Opinioned_traveler
Opinioned_traveler,
Sorry to read you didn’t find Eventi to your liking. We are even sorrier we missed our opportunity to make a Kimpton Moment and send you and your kids some warm milk and cookies, geez seems like we had a chance to win ya back but fell a bit short. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and we know we will shine.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at Eventi for both business and pleasure. The rooms are spacious for NYC, wonderful beds, huge bathrooms (with a great shower), nice views. we had a corner room on the 16th floor. Staff was very helpful and nice (which many in chic hotels are not). we arrived in the morning before being able to check in, and they stored our bags efficiently while we went off to meetings. Then again stored our bags at checkout as our flight wasnt until evening and we wanted to shop. Decor and design of Eventi is sleek, comfortable; and I loved the unexpected art. Their restaurant has a nice atrium style dining room. We ate a yummy lunch upon checking in, and also had a saturday continental breakfast buffet. Prices are normal for NYC, and the food excellent - fresh and tasty. Location is perfect. super close to hop on the subway to head up towards central park, or to head down towards soho. also easy to get cabs and walk to shop and eat.
theres a nice free wine reception in the evenings - though the friday night we came in from the impending blizzard they had already run out of red. Though with everyone coming in from the storm and there still having plenty of white- you cant really complain.
Seemed like a great hotel for business, for couples, and for families. There were a handful of guests with their little dogs (bc its dog friendly and I think the dog show was happening )--- but there was no noise or uncleanliness. ((and I am not and "inside dog" person ;)).
we'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business