“Fabulous time in New York1”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #40 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We just spent 4 fantastic nights at the Eventi Hotel in New York. From the moment we arrived the service was exceptional. The staff upgraded us to a room on an upper level and the views were amazing. This was a special trip for our daughter -- when we got to our room there were cupcakes and cider waiting for her. That extra touch really made her week! The room was large (especially for New York standards), clean and quiet.
We have stayed in many different hotels in New York but going forward we will only be staying at the Eventi. We also plan to check out the Kimpton hotel's in other cities.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Kimpton In-touch program for some extra benefits. Definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I've stayed at a few Kimptons before in Seattle and San Francisco, and always have a great stay, but The Eventi was extra special. On arrival, we were upgraded to a wonderful room with a view of the Empire State Building. The room was large with a gorgeous bathroom with jacuzzi bath and rainfall shower, and it also had a separate chill out area with sofa and second tv, and again, floor to ceiling views of the Empire State Building. The hotel itself if beautifully styled. We enjoyed the wine hour each evening - it was great to meet hotel staff and over guests over a chilled glass of wine in the hotel bar. They also screened some old films on a screen outside the bar which was a great touch.

Location wise the hotel is great - very central. We walked pretty much everywhere, though the subway is also close. A particular favourite was The High Line, which is only a short walk from the hotel and a great way to get down towards Greenwich and the boutiques there, whilst avoiding the crowds and soaking up some great views walking amongst the skyscrapers!

Overall I couldn't recommend this hotel or its staff more - they were great. Special thanks to Rob, the hotel manager, for making our stay extra special. We will definitely be returning and recommending The Eventi to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Good location for Home Textile Market travelers being near to 295 5th Ave & 7W. Comparatively overly priced. I think one could get a better deal for $340 + taxes, and that even without complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank aziz247
Reviewed 26 March 2013

So I don't typically write reviews unless I have an outstanding experience, which I did at the Eventi. I had to write this for the sole purpose of raving about my experience there the wkend of 3/23/13. I just wish I could remembere the name of all the staff that helped us during our stay.

I booked a prepaid room with 2 queen beds using a Kimpton spring promo code for my best friend's bachelorette party. We arrived around 6pm and upon checking in, I was told we had been upgraded to the Presidential suite. I assumed it was a better view or something. The front desk woman said that they randomly pick a room to upgrade when the hotel is sold out. Guess we were lucky, or just very late to arrive? Anyway, we told her that we were there for a bachelorette party and were excited for the upgrade. (My friend still teases me about our girlie squealing after hearing the news!)

The bellhop guy told us that our room (502) was the nicest in the hotel. Again, kinda skeptical not knowing much about Kimpton properties. We get to our room, it's really nice - the bathroom was gorgeous, there was a balcony and it had an office area. But we quickly realized it only had 1 bed...not gonna work for a bach party with 4 girls. We tell the bellhop this and he calls down to the front desk, and mentions that the adjoining (503) room has a pull out sofa. Now we're thinking - we paid for 2 BEDS not a bed and pull out. The front desk says that we can look at the adjoining room and have it if we want. He shows us the room........

AMAZING. It clearly is just for entertaining/partying b/c it's got a full dining room with bar area. A very trendy "library" living room with an additional bar area and table. It also has an additional bathroom. (And the pullout sofa - which they makeup with a feather bed, down comforter, etc.) The room is attached to another balcony and a tented balcony with heaters, outside bars, chairs, lights, etc. Not to mention the details like fresh flowers and art strategically placed everywhere. Details to die for. Again, this was a high roller suite kept in immaculate condition - not some run down party suite in Vegas.

We called down to the front desk a few times for random things and they were really pleasant to work with... the concierge, bellhop, etc were so nice. In fact, b/c we were dealing with the room situation, we missed the end of the free wine happy hour so the bellhop told us he'd send us up a bottle no charge. How sweet? (We declined b/c we had actually brought booze w us) When we were checking out we asked the front desk how much that room typically goes for and his response was "Thousands? It's typically only booked for celebrity stays." I'm really impressed that they let us have the room, considering we actually paid for a discounted room. I doubt other chains would be this flexible or offer upgrades to guests that weren't "preferred" or "platinum".

Nice Job Eventi, normally I'm a Starwood fan but Kimpton has officially converted me :)

Room Tip: Obviously we got the best in the hotel which was 502/503, I don't know if they are available or...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

christinaemcc,
WOW - now thats a review - thanks! We have to say we read it twice and are getting a big head as a result! We are so happy you had such a spectactular weekend and that you are now one of our family. See you soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel 3/21 - 3/23 and was very impressed. The hotel is in a perfect location that is one block away from Penn Station, around the corner from both Times Sq and Chelsea. The hotel has beautiful decor from the lobby, to the restaurants, to the guest rooms. I stayed in a one bedroom suite and found it to be very comfortable and large. The room came with a nice work station, pullout couch, minibar, large bedroom and large all marble bathroom. All eloquently designed and the bed was very comfortable. I didn't have a city view, but I highly recommend taking the view as the Empire State Building is right there and provides gorgeous views! My favorite part of the experience was the staff. Every staff member I met, was pleasant, courteous and always asked how my day went from the door man to check in to the maid. (The maid even took the time to leave pleasant notes and thanking me for her tip each morning.) I have to give a special call out to Dipali who checked me in. She was very courteous, took the time to ask how my travels were and provided me with full details to all amenities and services the hotel offers. She definitely made me feel very welcome at this hotel. Overall, great stay and I will stay at this hotel again on future trips to NYC

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1712. Great room and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

ArnieLA,
5 Star reviews make us so happy - so thanks! We will give Dipali a high five on your behalf, so thanks for the shout out. We hope to see more and more of you!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

It is a great well designed hotel that can offer in many of its rooms a nice view to Manhattan.
It was a good value for money for the $300 (including taxes) that we paid for a city view king room on March 2013 but would think twice if I was to spend more than $350.
Room 2205 (22 out of 23 floors) was spacious with a fantastic view to ESB. The heating system was a little noisy and the bathroom a little chilly. Great bed. Great feeling.
The hotel's facilities were great. Breakfast a little pricy (the buffet cost $40 pp including taxes and double espesso).
I would expect that they would provide coffee all day in the lounge and not just in the morning (other, cheaper, hotels in the area did so).
The most risky thing when you pick up this hotel for your holiday is the location.
It is in a rather degraded Manhattan area that doesn’t give you the feeling that you may expect.
In the other hand the location is very strategic to combine the Soho and Village area (specially for the night) with midtown Manhattan. And that was good enough for us.

Room Tip: Room 2205 (22 out of 23 floors) was spacious with a fantastic view to ESB. The heating system was a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank happy_kampy

happy_kampy,
Hey thanks for the review. So glad that you loved the room and the view and that our location worked out well for you. Hope to see more and more of you!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel for business. It was a short walk from penn station and the rooms were large (for NYC). Loved the wine reception. Restaurant not so great and not great selections in the area but I did like the vibe of the place.

• Stayed: March 2013

paducah1983,
Hey Hey - Another 5 star review - thanks! We are so pleased you found our hotel perfect for your business needs and that you were able to join our nightly wine reception. Come see us again soon!