“Fine place to stay”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #48 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The hotel is beautifully decorated, our room was a good size for the price in NYC (with, the staff was very friendly and cheerful, liked the coffee and tea in the "living room" (in the lobby), the NYTimes available. For us the location is perfect for easy walk or subway to midtown or lower Manhattan.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,518)

Reviewed 22 April 2013

First, the staff were just very helpful and friendly. They answered all my questions, offered us assistance with our bags, and even ran and got more a specific type of tea for me when they ran out in the morning. Our room was on the top floor with a nice view of the Empire State Building and the king size bed was very comfortable. The location of the hotel was very convienent for us. Easy to walk to the subway and to Penn Station. The neighborhood felt very safe and there are some nice small places to eat in the area. We ordered room service one night. The food came up very quickly and was quite good. My one complaint was about the spa. I went when we arrived to inquire about getting a massage at some point over the next few days and the man at the desk did not seem to know anything. Said he didn't know if a masseuse would be available and I should just check in the morning. When I called the spa early the next morning, they told me all spaces had booked up last night. Overall though, the hotel was great and a good value for Manhattan!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My first visit to New York, NY, USA with my partner. Where do we start to praise this hotel amenities, staff and hotel room. A boutique hotel how high standards, the Eventi has much to offer to the business traveler and the fun-seeking traveler. The room was well appointed, clean and very comfortable. All the functions of the room operated with great ease (eg: air conditioning, television , room safe). The only quirk was obtaining your free coffee or tea from the hotel lobby. But it gave us a great excuse to get our of bed and start our day. The disappointing part of getting out of bed was leaving the comfort of the wonderful bed and the view from the wall to wall glass wall looking over the New York skyline. The staff were friendly to a fault, helpful, generous with information and always smiling; even the doorman were wonderful and cheerful. The Hotel staff are very security conscious and always keep an eye out for their guests. The Gym was included in the accommodation fee and the invitation to welcome drinks in the function room was a nice touch. The subway is nearby as are many cafes and local shops and the feeling of safety was not an issue whilst in New York. We walked everywhere (and I mean everywhere) and the Eventi hotel is in a very safe neighbourhood. I highly recommend the Eventi hotel and no doubt will be back when returning to New York.
The Eventi was as welcoming and comfortable as our home away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms high up offer a brilliant view of the New York skyline.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

so, here are my thoughts, if this is to be a luxury hotel they'll need to work on a few things.
1. No offer to carry bags to room.
2. Very Slow elevators
3. staff happy to hand you off to someone else by pointing.
4. torn and frayed carpet on hallway near bar on 2nd floor.

also the guest room lighting very frustrating. Dim lighting is great, but sometimes you need to actually see.

So would I return? No.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

What a cosy and classy hotel in the middle of Manhattan. Well appointed and the staff and the management go out of their way to make sure I was welcomed and that I wascomfortable especially after a 26 hours flight.
I would highly recommend this unassuming hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Newly renovated hotel....We stayed in a suite with a very comfortable king size bed,large,super clean bathroom,with a great shower. We love the Kimpton Hotels. Free coffee and Tea in the am. Location at 6th and 29th is good ..convenient to subway, somewhat central for walking. Neighborhood is ok,. Staff was very accommodating.Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Given the opportunity, I will come back to this hotel. I love these Kimpton boutique hotels. They are unique and fun and have excellent service. They have a free happy hour for guests, which usually involves wines that they are advertising. This time they were giving away sangria which was awesome. I loved it. The rooms were excellent, the staff were friendly and helpful, the location was great, the bar inside was great. The patio was very relaxing and there is also a balcony area that has a great view of the city. Not sure why they dont have a bar out there but they should. I really enjoyed the breakfast on the patio. The price was not bad for a NYC hotel. Ive definitely stayed in more expensive places in the city which were a lot worse than this place. Never again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends