“Hotel Views”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #47 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 May 2013

If you are looking for amazing city skyline views than this is NOT the hotel for you. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean, but, the hotel is just ok. When I booked this hotel I called to discuss the city views with the hotel. They informed me that one side of the hotel had views of the empire state building and the other did not. They also said they would place a note on my reservation (for a suite), that I would like a room with a great view. However, upon check in we had a view of a brick wall (with a TV on it outside, but I can watch TV at home). After numerous calls , they said they would move us the next day. They did move us the next day and if you looked up you could see the empire state building. However, for the money we spent on a suite we could have stayed somewhere else and had spectacular NYC views. I am not sure if you get a room high enough if the views are better. I will not go back to this hotel. I honestly do not understand why they do not place their suites on floors with the best views, after all, if you are spending the money on a suite you would think they would know your expecting more than a brick wall.

Room Tip: ask for room on empire state building side on a very high floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

kellycr4,
Thanks for your recent review of your stay with us. We do have suites on both sides of our hotel and on all floors ranging from floors 5-23. We look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,520)

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Premise - fun get away with SO in the city. Goal was to walk around and enjoy the city.

Great welcome by the concierge staff, upgraded room to have a view of the Empire State Building. Room a great size for NYC, clean, good bathroom. Bed not the most comfortable in the world.

We loved the location - easy walk up town or downtown, and a great coffee place across the way (Gregory's).

Always welcomed back enthusiastically by the staff, great housekeeping, and cupcakes!

One thing - the central location, and by virtue of being NYC, not a peaceful night's sleep. LOTS of outside noise, even on the 15th floor.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last week and I have to say I was very impressed. Staff were immediately very friendly and helpful and this was the status quo for the duration of the stay. We had a room on the 21st floor with a great view including the Empire State building from the floor to ceiling windows. The room was a very good size for NYC and the bathroom was one of the largest I have seen in NYC. The shower was so large it even had a seat in it! The room was always spotless and impeccably clean as was the rest of the hotel and the bed was large and very comfy. Whilst staying there we were invited to a complimentary wine tasting in the restaurant which looked very nice. The wine was certainly very good! The location of the hotel is also very good being only a few blocks from Macy's. Perfect when overloaded with shopping! Its also only a few blocks from Penn Station and MSG and the Empire State. There is also plenty of choice in terms of subway stops within walking distance and bars and restaurants. All in all a very good experience and a hotel I would definitely stay at again.

Room Tip: Get a higher room if you can to take advantage of the great views from the floor to ceiling windows!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed here for 4 night on a business trip and will definitely come back on a next trip. Location is great; just of Empire State, 2 blocks from Penn Station, easy access to uptown and downtown. Rooms are very comfy, spacy and well equiped (although shoe polish was missing). Floor to ceiling windows in room give a great view over the city.Our room was always very clean and we loved everything about it. We stayed in the Premier One Bedroom Suite. The draw back would be that the view faced towards an older looking NYC. I would've liked the newer look. But I wasn't there to stare out of the windows. The bathroom was incredible and I highly recommend staying in that suite.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed here for 4 night on a business trip and will definitely come back on a next trip. Location is great; just of Empire State, 2 blocks from Penn Station, easy access to uptown and downtown. Rooms are very comfy, spacy and well equiped (although shoe polish was missing). Floor to ceiling windows in room give a great view over the city. Staff is very friedly and helpful and seems to recognize every guest and has a personal approach. Every day between 5 and 6 pm. free wine tasting. Fast and excellent wifi coverage. Top place!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2013

For our first trip to NYC we decided to stay at The Eventi. We had stayed at a Kimpton hotel before in Dallas and loved how modern everything was and the fact that they are pet friendly. It's located in Chelsea and was just a short walk to a lot of places we went. The bad part about where it's located would be that it's very dark in that area at night. I was never afraid to walk by myself but always pictured more light being NYC and all.

We decided to splurge and order room service on Christmas morning after coming back from a very early morning ice skating in Rockefeller Center. The food was amazing. It cost quite a bit but so does all room service. It was awesome setting in our king size bed eating breakfast on Christmas morning watching the parade.

Two bad items would be: Getting charged from LOCAL calls because we ordered a pizza and them trying to charge us for taking 2 bottles of water from the mini bar when we did not.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gilley A
Reviewed 9 May 2013

What a great place to stay in NYC! I go to NY often since both my children live there. I have stayed at dozens of hotels and I have finally found my new home away from home.
Super location, very cool room and nice people....the cocktail hour in the lobby was fun too.
I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Get a view of the empire state building... higher up is quieter whenever you are in the city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo