“My new favorite hotel in NYC”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My new favorite hotel in NYC”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

A former New Yorker, I still travel back to the city I love several times a year. I've tried many different hotels over the years but rarely submit reviews on them because I'm usually underwhelmed. A lot of hotel experiences in NYC under $500/night are very 'meh'.

The Eventi Hotel, however, changed all that. I've been in Kimpton hotels before but this one is especially sexy. The rooms are slightly above average size for NYC but because they feature floor-to-ceiling windows they feel much bigger. The window wall really opens up the space up and provides a dramatic view of the city outside your little aerie in the sky. We had an oblique view of the Empire State building from our 12th floor room.

The location on 6th Ave and W. 30th is close to Penn Station, which is good news if you are arriving by train. Even if not, it's a very central location close to multiple train lines, the always charming Chelsea neighborhood, and an excellent home base overall.

The bathrooms are enormous, impeccably clean, and beautifully finished. Our bathroom had a walk-in shower for two with both an overhead rain shower head and a handheld shower spray. The water pressure was excellent. The white marble vanity is expansive and truly built for two. You won't lack for space to put your toiletries in this bathroom.

Everyone on the staff that I dealt with was professional, fast, and friendly. When I checked in I was distracted, disorganized, and in a hurry and the front desk attendant never lost his smooth, calm, and professional demeanor with me. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms ending in -05 have a slightly different layout (square instead of rectangular). The bed is fa...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Wanaque
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We always have a Great Time at Kimpton Hotels. We haven't had a bad one ever. The Eventi is very nice with a comfy bed and beautiful bathroom. It was my birthday and they had a nice bottle of champagne chilling with a cupcake. It was awesome. Our room was on 9th floor with a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. Wine Hour was Awesome to with YUMMY Wines and Cheeses. We only stayed one night, wish we could have stayed longer. Staff was helpful and courteous. Nice clean room.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The personnel at this hotel was wonderful! From the greeters at the doors to the waiters at the wine happy hour...everyone made you feel special & welcome. The location was perfect & they even gave us a lot of extra special care because we were celebrating a special anniversary.....which was totally unexpected!!! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: No matter the room, we think you will be satisfied.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Eventi is a Kimpton Hotel and it is a sleek and modern hotel with a great staff and an excellent location (very nice views from room). The room is bigger than most rooms in NYC. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They have free coffee and Tea in the mornings and free wine in the afternoons. It is a solid business hotel when you have business in Midtown.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

I choose to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews for business travelers. I was alone but felt welcome yet not intimidated. The front desk check in was so nice, it was Earth Day and the agent told me about the complimentary organic wine tasting up in the restaurant that evening! I said I was looking for a restful night because I also had business the next day. He said well you will have a great view from your room of the Empire State Building and indeed I did. I also did some shopping and the location is perfect. The room was immaculate and I am a fusspot and the bathroom as well! The room service was very good, not cheap but very well presented, however the part I liked most was the little sign saying I could call for pick up of the tray (a creative little note about pick ups was on the tray). I first checked the hall for an ice machine but then realized I just had to press 0 they deliver it to you. Also in the bathroom there was a frame saying did you forget something and it listed things like phone chargers toothbrush and all other things. It was such a nice touch by the hotel! All complementary things and also said if we don't have it we will go get it for you just ask. The bed was great and I loved how clean it was! My reason for giving very good instead of excellent on everything was the AC. It cycled on and off all night and I am a light sleeper but that could be easily solved by a white noise clock or something. I wish I could have left the fan on or something so I wouldn't hear it on and off. Otherwise I had a great experience and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Carla321
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very comfortable. The food options are great. The bed wad clean and comfortable, as was the room. The rooms can be a bit small, but it's New York. Lots of bathroom counter space. Great massage at the spa. The gym is not super large but certainly met my needs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The views are wonderful on the upper floors. Would stay again. You can walk to Time Square easily from this location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I must say I was quite impressed with this hotel. My partner and I went to celebrate his birthday as he love to go to NYC. As an employee I am aware of the great service Kimpton employees give. We were greeted by a very nice guy named Patrick at the front desk. He talked to us for quite a while and got to know us.

He sent up champagne for my partners birthday and we talked about San Francisco (which is where we are from). There was another young man at the front desk the early morning we arrived (4/25/13) I cannot remember his name but he was very nice to us as well.

Bravo Eventi! BRAVO!!!