“Visiting Times Square area without staying in Times Sqaure: ideal hotel.”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rumford, Rhode Island
“Visiting Times Square area without staying in Times Sqaure: ideal hotel.”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed at the Eventi with two other couples and five children. The hotel is a fairly easy 15 block walk straight up to Times Square. Hotel deatils:

- Check-in and lobby staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. Nice fireplace and sitting area in a tight, homey setting.

- Bar, restaurant and lounge are on 2nd floor in beautiful greenhouse like open air set-up looking right across at large movie screen on adjacent building wall. Cool. Food and drinks were fine. Service is a bit impersonal and detached.

- Rooms are modern and hip. Comfortable and well appointed. Beds were very comfortable.

- Elevators were a bit slow at times and, be quick, they close fast. Haha. No big deal.

I'd stay here again. To me, the Giraffe Hotel and The Eventi are both solid bets in this area of NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DeansDesk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have stayed at Kimpton properties in the past and always had a positive experience, so the bar was high for Eventi! Expectations were not only met, but they were exceeded, I was totally blown away by this hotel. Our room and in particular the service at the hotel was top notch.

We stayed during the second weekend in March -- the weather should have been fine. It wasn't -- our flight from Boston was cancelled that friday and we could only get out on Saturday due to the snowstorm. I called the hotel and they were more than friendly about pushing back the reservation by a day and told me that my room would be ready whenever we arrived. Good Start.

When we arrived on Saturday, we had a smooth and easy check-in process. We were travelling with an 8 month old baby, so were pleased to know that the room was ready with the crib already in place as requested. And i should say that the front desk people paid special attention to our daughter and even got her to smile -- that matters a lot to us!

Our room was fantastic (we splurged a bit) -- we had a suite with two rooms and a perfect view of the empire state building. Bathroom was super nice (fancy marble) and they even had cupcakes waiting for us (which were not from the day before thankfully!). We couldn't have been happier.

I slept great that night but my wife did not and here is the reason for why we were so pleased with our stay. She realized that she was allergic to something feather in the room but we left the hotel in the morning and forgot about it until we arrived back at 8PM that night. I was a little nervous, thinking there would not be appropriate staff to remove the feather items. Well not more than 5 minutes after our call, a team of 3 people from housekeeping arrived and made the switch in less that 2 minutes. And they could not have been friendlier... that sealed it for us.

In addition to the front desk staff and valet staff being so friendly, the security staff by the elevator at night were also great. Its nice that we did not have to use a key card to access our floor in the elevator but felt secure with the very friendly gentleman standing by the elevator who recognized us every time we arrived.

We wish we could have stayed longer though we know where we will be staying for our next trip to NYC!

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the Empire State Building!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
New Delhi
Reviewed 20 May 2013

it is not often that you expect warmth and service at a hotel in NYC. The eventi does that well right from the time you check in. Prompt and helpful, the good experience starts from the reception and continues in every department including the restaurant. the rooms are good size and the hotel is well located minutes from the empire state building, about 1.5 km from times square and a nice walk from chelsea and the flower market.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 May 2013

As a frequent traveler and national sales manager for a top hotel company, my standards and expectations are exceptionally high. The Eventi Hotel surprised me at every turn. From the moment I entered the modern and clean hotel, Preston offered me an iPhone charger as I had lost my luggage and a dead battery. He turned a rough start to the trip into a better one. The next morning at breakfast, the staff greeted my husband and our infant son warmly and gave us the best service. Food was good and the wine hour each day was fun! The front desk / bell staff, Gabriella, Franciso and Patrick were so friendly and connected with us in such a personal way. The room was perfect and we slept soundly each night. Location was close to the subway, so we could hop on and be anywhere we wanted in just moments. We cannot wait to visit our favorite city again soon and we will without a doubt stay at our new favorite hotel, The Eventi Hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend booking the City View room through the Internet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 May 2013

A former New Yorker, I still travel back to the city I love several times a year. I've tried many different hotels over the years but rarely submit reviews on them because I'm usually underwhelmed. A lot of hotel experiences in NYC under $500/night are very 'meh'.

The Eventi Hotel, however, changed all that. I've been in Kimpton hotels before but this one is especially sexy. The rooms are slightly above average size for NYC but because they feature floor-to-ceiling windows they feel much bigger. The window wall really opens up the space up and provides a dramatic view of the city outside your little aerie in the sky. We had an oblique view of the Empire State building from our 12th floor room.

The location on 6th Ave and W. 30th is close to Penn Station, which is good news if you are arriving by train. Even if not, it's a very central location close to multiple train lines, the always charming Chelsea neighborhood, and an excellent home base overall.

The bathrooms are enormous, impeccably clean, and beautifully finished. Our bathroom had a walk-in shower for two with both an overhead rain shower head and a handheld shower spray. The water pressure was excellent. The white marble vanity is expansive and truly built for two. You won't lack for space to put your toiletries in this bathroom.

Everyone on the staff that I dealt with was professional, fast, and friendly. When I checked in I was distracted, disorganized, and in a hurry and the front desk attendant never lost his smooth, calm, and professional demeanor with me. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms ending in -05 have a slightly different layout (square instead of rectangular). The bed is fa...
Wanaque
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We always have a Great Time at Kimpton Hotels. We haven't had a bad one ever. The Eventi is very nice with a comfy bed and beautiful bathroom. It was my birthday and they had a nice bottle of champagne chilling with a cupcake. It was awesome. Our room was on 9th floor with a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. Wine Hour was Awesome to with YUMMY Wines and Cheeses. We only stayed one night, wish we could have stayed longer. Staff was helpful and courteous. Nice clean room.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The personnel at this hotel was wonderful! From the greeters at the doors to the waiters at the wine happy hour...everyone made you feel special & welcome. The location was perfect & they even gave us a lot of extra special care because we were celebrating a special anniversary.....which was totally unexpected!!! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: No matter the room, we think you will be satisfied.